Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 110 of 137 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2043
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    6. 10 today at the Cervino cueva, for $500US. This strikes me as little light given the blue rate is just short of 6. 50. I'm going to do a little research and see if I can find a better rate elsewhere.

Cambios

I have a good Cambio as well in Galaria del Sol. What I don't have is dollars in my pocket. I have to move them from my bank in the US to here so cambios do me no good. I just wanted to let everybody know I had no problem at the place I went to.

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    Xoom is down to 6. 26 this morning. The cambio gave me 6. 1 for 100x5 which is what I had expected.

Xoom is down to 6. 26 this morning. The cambio gave me 6. 1 for 100x5 which is what I had expected.

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    Xoom is now at 6. 31 I will need to get some pesos this week and I will post what the cambio on Cervino gives me.
    If I get over there before you do, I'll post as well.

Xoom is now at 6. 31 I will need to get some pesos this week and I will post what the cambio on Cervino gives me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    Not sure why others are having problems. I did a transfer last night and got the email this morning saying it was ready. I went to the money store at Libertad 1057 and had no problem. Less than 10 minutes I walked out with my money. As almost all of you guys have more cash than I do the issue may be in the amounts. I sent U$S 700 which cost me 20 bucks and I walked out with 4400 and change. I told the lady behind the counter that other people I knew were having issues with the service. I asked her if it might be the amount because all my "friends" are rich. She said it shouldn't be an issue but you never know in practice. Considering that I would have had to spend almost 1000 bucks for a like amount from an ATM I was most happy crappy.
    Hey DR! Xoom, cash, or a day trip to Colonia rule! Get on the buquebus! My bank is probably wondering if I am still alive as I haven't used the ATM in so long! LOL

Xoom again

Not sure why others are having problems. I did a transfer last night and got the email this morning saying it was ready. I went to the money store at Libertad 1057 and had no problem. Less than 10 minutes I walked out with my money. As almost all of you guys have more cash than I do the issue may be in the amounts. I sent U$S 700 which cost me 20 bucks and I walked out with 4400 and change. I told the lady behind the counter that other people I knew were having issues with the service. I asked her if it might be the amount because all my "friends" are rich. She said it shouldn't be an issue but you never know in practice. Considering that I would have had to spend almost 1000 bucks for a like amount from an ATM I was most happy crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    I've talked to other people who had the same problem in BsAs with Xoom. Here in Corrientes it just couldn't be easier. First time there I filled out a few sheets of paper, after that just sign for the money and go. Have you been using a bank or money store? I'm using a money store here.

Can Give You What You Need!

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    I got 6. 25 after some negotiation. For 2 franklins, the catch was I got it in 50 peso notes, I don't care they are accepted everywhere.
    Just get in touch with me!

TL

6. 25

I got 6. 25 after some negotiation. For 2 franklins, the catch was I got it in 50 peso notes, I don't care they are accepted everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeOilSales  [View Original Post]
    In Uruguay certain key banks will exchange any major currency for any other major currency without first exchanging for Uruguayan Pesos. For example, the spread on USD-Euro exchange at said bank is $1. 20/$1. 23 and USD-GBP is $1. 55/$1. 59 which are very competitive rates and ironically FAR better than you could ever get from an exchange place within the US itself. The rate for exchanging AR pesos directly to USD is a whopping 7. 33 AR/$1 USD.
    Wish I could of found a place like that, I asked twice in casa de cambios, did not think of asking a bank, and had better things to do. When I won 5 million guarani in paraguay last year playing poker they gave me a really good rate at the time to pay me in ARS, and I took it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    In Uruguay I was able to get up to daily 1k$ limit with a schwab card, at 300$ a pull, crispy franklins.

NEVER let your chica see you pulling ben Franklin from an ATM this was a chica management failure on my part it fucked shit up, I'm going to have to gently cut her loose now.

Two cambio places I asked only did the hair cut aproach dollars to Uruguay Pesos the to Ars. No gracias!
    In Uruguay certain key banks will exchange any major currency for any other major currency without first exchanging for Uruguayan Pesos. For example, the spread on USD-Euro exchange at said bank is $1. 20/$1. 23 and USD-GBP is $1. 55/$1. 59 which are very competitive rates and ironically FAR better than you could ever get from an exchange place within the US itself. The rate for exchanging AR pesos directly to USD is a whopping 7. 33 AR/$1 USD.

In Uruguay I was able to get up to daily 1k$ limit with a schwab card, at 300$ a pull, crispy franklins.

NEVER let your chica see you pulling ben Franklin from an ATM this was a chica management failure on my part it fucked shit up, I'm going to have to gently cut her loose now.

Two cambio places I asked only did the hair cut aproach dollars to Uruguay Pesos the to Ars. No gracias!

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Mine are real pesos and the margin will be fair!

TL.

Got 6. 20 to 1 on just a hun!
    What "mine" are you referring to.

I am Willing to take All Your Dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    A good question. I hope someone responds. A related question is, if they will take dollars, are they OK with smaller bills like 10s and 20s? In Feb. The guy who was buying dollars from me wasn't interested in anything smaller than 50s. (Although a bank was OK with 10s and 20s.)

Bob
    Mine are real pesos and the margin will be fair!

TL.

Got 6. 20 to 1 on just a hun!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    Is there a premium above the blue rate to be had by paying chicas in dollars?
    A good question. I hope someone responds. A related question is, if they will take dollars, are they OK with smaller bills like 10s and 20s? In Feb. The guy who was buying dollars from me wasn't interested in anything smaller than 50s. (Although a bank was OK with 10s and 20s.)

Bob

Posting Limitations