Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 113 of 137 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2043
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Prolly another jump coming, there was a new law forbidding tht sale of dollars for savings read it in the BA herald today.

I have info on 5. 8 will once I personally confirm I will pass it on.

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    Hey BBM! When you figure in the fees the rates are almost the same. 5.72 vs 5. 7 for $500usd.

I don't know how the locals keep up with the prices in the grocery stores. It seems like the prices change a couple of times a week.
    I was talking with my dad about this same subject and we came to the conclusion that most of the locals (he is one) , bite the bullet on the small Chinese markets, but then hit the COTO or Carefour on the days where they have the 20% off and stock up.

Also they seem to rely a lot on their CC company agreements with malls and dept stores rather than buying full retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man  [View Original Post]
    What's interesting to me is that since May when I was there the Cambio and Xoom have switched positions on which pays the most. In May Cambio was paying 5. 50 and Xoom was at 5. 00. Now Xoom is at 5. 97 and Cambio is at 5. 70. Is this the result of government policy?
    Hey BBM! When you figure in the fees the rates are almost the same. 5.72 vs 5. 7 for $500usd.

I don't know how the locals keep up with the prices in the grocery stores. It seems like the prices change a couple of times a week.

What's interesting to me is that since May when I was there the Cambio and Xoom have switched positions on which pays the most. In May Cambio was paying 5. 50 and Xoom was at 5. 00. Now Xoom is at 5. 97 and Cambio is at 5. 70. Is this the result of government policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    A 7 or 8 will cost 500 with no arguments AMD basic Spanish. With BBBJ
    500 for a foreigner or for a local as well? A majority of the chicas from BG, SI, and other websites on the local boards are 400 servicio completo. Some are 500 yes, and some I would most definitely not think twice before dropping 500 for them. If a majority of the chicas start hitting the locals for 500 then I will agree prices are going up. I don't go to Hook, Black, Madahos etc so I have no idea if all those chicas are 500 and up or not.

Just my opinion but it seems as soon as some chicas know you are not local their asking price goes up. If they can get it kudos to them.

A 7 or 8 will cost 500 with no arguments AMD basic Spanish. With BBBJ

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    6 to 1 the other day from a friend!

As for the printer, realize that it's probably $299. 99 Dollars on E-Bay!

TL.

Man it's out of control Boys!

Price of Pussy is getting pretty high! Like Giraffe Pussy and that's really up there!
    Yep, online it is around $375-$400 USD, but at 34lbs I wouldn't want to try and bring it here. Or pay whatever the extortion would be to buy it from Amazon and get it shipped here. Hey at 8-1 it is 400! Jajaja. Canon Pixma Pro9000 MarkII.

What pussy has been getting pretty high? Lots for less than 500 pesos. Some high quality and some lower quality. A person just needs to take some time and do some research.

6 to 1

6 to 1 the other day from a friend!

As for the printer, realize that it's probably $299. 99 Dollars on E-Bay!

TL.

Man it's out of control Boys!

Price of Pussy is getting pretty high! Like Giraffe Pussy and that's really up there!

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    I'm surprised how cheap I can live when I'm not buying chica drinks and paying two or three chicas a day.
    HAH! Ain't that the truth! I've hit the place 3 times in the last month and the rate has gone 5. 5,5. 6, and today's 5. 7. Yeah there is no reason to change a lot each time. If the rate gets high enough I may go buy the color photo printer I saw for $3100 pesos!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SunSeeker For This Post:

I went there today also with 200$ in ratty 20$ got 5. 7 if there is anyone that needs help finding this place sendmea pm I'll show you just pay my bus fare $2. 50 round trip I'm going to go every two or three days I'm just changing enough for a few days worth of lomo matte and empanadas I'm suprised how cheap I can live when I'm not buying chica drinks and paying two or three chicas a day the rate is not going down anytime soon. This place always seems to change increments by 5 centavos. Will probably be 5. 75 next time

Also there was a PFA inside as a guard today. Only in Argentina is there a federal officer in an illegal casa de cambio.

Cambio at Scalabrini and Cervino

5. 7 there this morning. Xoom shows 5. 9 so pretty much equal after fees.
    Last edited by SunSeeker; 07-05-12 at 12:10. Reason: words replaced after posting

Nestor at His Place Then

Quote Originally Posted by Lgover  [View Original Post]
    TL,

Nestor phone# not working. Updated ph# for exchange? Gracie.
    The phone number rings and goes into his voice mailbox so I don't know.

At first I had the same thoughts as GH about having someone come over but if you have an apartment with an entryway downstairs that's good enough.

The Money Man will not know which unit you live in and if you are in a hotel then it does not matter and the lobby is good enough.

And if that's not good enough you can go and see him on Lavalle where he will take you to a Chino grocery store in broad daylight and the old woman will hand you stacks of $10. 000. 00 pesos stacks.

I need to go look for him tomorrow.

Also, you boys should pool your cash before you exchange to get the highest rates.

Bank Transfers :

A ROYAL PAIN the last time I tried

It must go to the Central Bank first and if not claimed by a certain day it will be returned to the USA, a lot of paper work and red tape and questions and after all that if you do get your money it will be in pesos and at the official rate I'm sure.

Maybe things have changed?

TL

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

The zoom rate is over 6 now that sounds like a low rateI have stopped using more MT using BBVA bank transfer now.

People have gotten truchos from an ATM

From a security standpoint I would never invite some stranger to my apartment for a money deal now they know where to send the ladrons for all Of your shit or worse.

I wor not do a large amount either the rate is not doing down anytime soon

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gato Hunter For This Post:

Western Union at Lavalle and Florida in Microcenter offered 5. 50p for a dollar

Western Union at Lavalle and Florida in Microcenter offered 5. 50p for a dollar today.

Much better than 4. 32 offered by the cambio de casas next door to them.

Inflation here is crazy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lgover  [View Original Post]
    TL,

Nestor phone# not working. Updated ph# for exchange? Gracie.

Posting Limitations