Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 117 of 137 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2043
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    I picked up at the More MT. They needed my passport, transaction number, they asked me the amount I expected to be getting and my occupation. Don't say soy ladron like I did as a joke they don't think its funny.

DNI required?

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    The conversion is being charged if you try to get dollars from BBVA. No fee getting pesos, use the coupon code also.
    GH, are you picking up at Banco Frances? On BAExpat someone wrote that they needed a DNI to pick up their cash, another had to ensure the xoom rate was paid and not the "official" rate.

The conversion is being charged if you try to get dollars from BBVA. No fee getting pesos, use the coupon code also.

Better Than A Sharp Stick in the Ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Sideburn  [View Original Post]
    I spoke with xoom and they could not tell me if the banks in Argentina actually charge to pick up the money. Did any of you who have used this service get charged additional fees at pick up? It seems right now if you include the fees the rate is about 4. 8.

Pete.
    Still better than a sharp stick in the ass!

Depends on the stick I guess!

TL

Does the bank you pick it up from charge a fee?

I spoke with xoom and they could not tell me if the banks in Argentina actually charge to pick up the money. Did any of you who have used this service get charged additional fees at pick up? It seems right now if you include the fees the rate is about 4. 8.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    Definitely valuable advice! And it looks like there is a pickup close to where I will be living come June in Palermo Botanico, sweeet!

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    Definitely valuable advice! And it looks like there is a pickup close to where I will be living come June in Palermo Botanico, sweeet!
    I have read and found out that some of the locations listed are not the correct address. I. E. The one on Libertad is listed as Talcuhuano. MoreMT has a few branches I would verify first. The baexpat board has a good thread on this.

Hang on!

I just read that AFIP changed the rules today. Before you could change 40% of your income to USD per year now it's 25. The parallel market should go up maņana.

Does anyone know a place that I can get 5+ for crispy franklins? The rate on 3 sites is currently 5. 12.

Xoom went to 4. 9724 tonight. From 4. 93 yesterday.

I did my walk down Santa Fe today on my way back from breakfast and noticed several stores were offering 5. 2 to the USD. T bad I don't need women's clothing jajaja!

Quote Originally Posted by CallaoParaguay  [View Original Post]
    Thanks so much,

Only took a few minutes and I was in and out of the cash pick-up location on Libertad.

In less than 10 minutes, absolutely smooth sailing. Thanks again for this invaluable.

Advice Gato Hunter.

C. P.

I Just Saved 1544 Pesos on One Transfer

Pickup place is Libertad 1057 not Talcuhuano.
    Thanks so much, I followed your advice, used Xoom. Com, transferred $2k (USD)

And saved 1544 pesos compared to my usual shitybank rate. This is a truly simple.

And expedient method for getting ahead of the unbelievable inflation here. The process.

Only took a few minutes and I was in and out of the cash pick-up location on Libertad.

In less than 10 minutes, absolutely smooth sailing. Thanks again for this invaluable.

Advice Gato Hunter.

C. P.

Pickup place is Libertad 1057 not Talcuhuano.

Xoom. Com

I received 4. 97 today from Xoom. Com. Google Xoom coupons to find a current coupon that waives the $30 transaction fee. I thought it would take a few days to clear. In my case it took 1 hour. Money remains in your account until you pick it up.

I sent myself a sizable amount of pesos a few weeks ago when xoom. Com was offering 5. 18. This is totally legit. I picked up my cash today two blocks from the AP casa. I sent myself more after I picked up and the rate has now dropped to 4. 93. If you enter the code "speedmay" there is no fee. The pickup place is talchuano 1057 at a More Money transfer place. You need a passport for pickup I was in and out in 5 minu.

U.

This is better than the 4. 7-4. 8 rate I have been offered here on the ground with crispy franklins.

The guy asked me for my occupation I replied "yo es gatero", he laughed and said seriouso, I replied yo es ladron. He did not smile at that one. Finally I said I was a doctor.
    4. 9 for the last two weeks, but I hear rumors of 5 to 5. 20. Maybe I an afford a leather jacket soon.

Xoom

I sent myself a sizable amount of pesos a few weeks ago when xoom. Com was offering 5. 18. This is totally legit. I picked up my cash today two blocks from the AP casa. I sent myself more after I picked up and the rate has now dropped to 4. 93. If you enter the code "speedmay" there is no fee. The pickup place is talchuano 1057 at a More Money transfer place. You need a passport for pickup I was in and out in 5 minutes.

This is better than the 4. 7-4. 8 rate I have been offered here on the ground with crispy franklins.

The guy asked me for my occupation I replied "yo es gatero", he laughed and said seriouso, I replied yo es ladron. He did not smile at that one. Finally I said I was a doctor.

Xoom. Com. Beware

Quote Originally Posted by Creedence  [View Original Post]
    Thank you for this info, please let us know if it works OK
    Xoom. Com is a internet scam that arranges the international transfer of money from your home bank account to a local bank through an online service. A few weeks of months after the initial transfer takes place they go back into your bank account and extract funds that can neither be traced or recovered!

See my recent post on ATM's for the name of a "legit" money changer. Rate 4. 8 last week for 100's.

Paladin

Posting Limitations