Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 118 of 137 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2043
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    This is no joke and not spam.

Xoom. Com will give a 5. 18 exchange rate when sending money to Argentina. With the small fee its still over 5, more you send cheaper it gets. The pickup place is at a More on libertad 1057. This is only from a US bank account or CC. I read about this on the baexpat board and its no joke. Get it while its good. The rate was 5. 02 last week then jumped to 5. 18 after YPF hit the fan.

I sent a small test amount to myself already to get the bank info settled out before my trip. I got an email today saying its ready for pickup. I guess ill find out in a little over a week.

This could cancel out a few months of inflation LOL!

Stay horny my friends!
    Thank you for this info, please let us know if it works OK

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Creedence For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    At Banco De La Nacion. They give a decent rate and the best in the airport.
    What? Not even close!

The best at Ezeiza (by a looooooong way) is the Banco Piano exchange booth in the check-in area.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    I live within the underbelly of BA and I exchange 1000's of dollars per week yet I can only obtain about 4. 65 these days!
    Really TL? You need to get your sh1t together mate!

I've only been in BsAs a couple of years, but 2 weeks ago when you posted this I was getting 4. 84. And not from the back of a dodgy jewellery shop on Lavalle either, but from a big business with impressive offices in a very secure environment. I only change my salary there (about US$3000 / mth) , but I've seen people walking out with carrier bags full of cash.

If you want to know more, please email me. If you're changing that much cash. 20c per dollar will soon add up!

Xoom

This is no joke and not spam.

Xoom. Com will give a 5. 18 exchange rate when sending money to Argentina. With the small fee its still over 5, more you send cheaper it gets. The pickup place is at a More on libertad 1057. This is only from a US bank account or CC. I read about this on the baexpat board and its no joke. Get it while its good. The rate was 5. 02 last week then jumped to 5. 18 after YPF hit the fan.

I sent a small test amount to myself already to get the bank info settled out before my trip. I got an email today saying its ready for pickup. I guess ill find out in a little over a week.

This could cancel out a few months of inflation LOL!

Stay horny my friends!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gato Hunter For This Post:

I live within the underbelly of BA and I exchange 1000's of dollars per week yet I can only obtain about 4. 65 these days!

I know that if you show them the money they will come up with more but 5 to 1 is not obtainable by TL!

ThANKS!

Tl
    You will get about at least 10 centavos more I f you are able to deposit dolars on a foreign account.

Saludos

You Tell Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]

I know that if you show them the money they will come up with more but 5 to 1 is not obtainable by TL!

ThANKS!

Tl

Depends on the Chica.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyon  [View Original Post]
    I understand that cabs and restaurants want pesos, but how about the girls. Would they rather have dollars or pesos? If they want dollars, what exchange rate will they give you? 4. 6 to 1? 5 to 1?
    Only the smart girls prefer dollars as they put them in a safety deposit box at the bank.

Also, it needs to be a girl that keeps busy enough to be able to put money away and not one that lives from trick to trick.

Exchange rate from a Chica is unknown to me.

I have been getting about 4. 65 to 1 downtown.

Basically they will all accept dollars but only the smart ones prefer them.

TL

Five$

I hear rumors of $5 or more. What is your current experience?

Dollars

I understand that cabs and restaurants want pesos, but how about the girls. Would they rather have dollars or pesos? If they want dollars, what exchange rate will they give you? 4. 6 to 1? 5 to 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky  [View Original Post]
    This is the kind of thing I heard about.

To where do your friends send dollars? You mean Paraguay or Dominica for example?

But OK they weren't referring to that type of friends I don't think.
    Exactly, working girls. I just used that as a example to obtain a better then average exchange rate since it seems that most of us has at least a "few" friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Something happened to me last week that might benefit other mongers. Two of my "friends" stopped by the house and wanted dollars. It seems that when they want to send money home in dollars the place where they send money from charges them around $5. 60p for each dollar. They offered me $5p for each dollar. If you have a decent relation with some of your "friends" maybe you can help each other out. Just a thought!
    This is the kind of thing I heard about.

To where do your friends send dollars? You mean Paraguay or Dominica for example?

But OK they weren't referring to that type of friends I don't think.

Exchanging $

Something happened to me last week that might benefit other mongers. Two of my "friends" stopped by the house and wanted dollars. It seems that when they want to send money home in dollars the place where they send money from charges them around $5. 60p for each dollar. They offered me $5p for each dollar. If you have a decent relation with some of your "friends" maybe you can help each other out. Just a thought!

Black market may be close to 5 by then and you can use that in your favor with the girls but not with the restos.

They, the restos, will tell you that they are selling their grub at 4. 55 to 1 but in reality you are still losing cash.

Best bet :

I will take you to a black market dealer and get you the best rate available for restos and cabs, etc. Cabs will NOT accept your dollars due to ignorance or lack of ability to distinguish the real dollars from SUPER DOLLARS!

Have we NOT gone over this fucking issue enough already!

TL
    Come on give us a chance, just a few more times ought to do it.

Remember, we are noobs here.

LOL, just kidding TL, your help is much appreciated! ! !

Yes and No!

Quote Originally Posted by Canyon  [View Original Post]
    Since it seems that Argentinians would rather have dollars, does it make any sense to exchange currency except for small amounts for taxis, meals, etc. It seems like the girls would prefer dollars to Argentine pesos? Is this correct? If so, what is the exchange rate they would calculate: 4. 6 to 1; 5 to 1? Please let me know your thoughts. For my trip in April, I'm thinking about bringing dollars in cash with me and using that for all major expenditures. I would only exchange a small amont of money for incidentals. Does this make sense?

Canyon
    Black market may be close to 5 by then and you can use that in your favor with the girls but not with the restos.

They, the restos, will tell you that they are selling their grub at 4. 55 to 1 but in reality you are still losing cash.

Best bet :

I will take you to a black market dealer and get you the best rate available for restos and cabs, etc. Cabs will NOT accept your dollars due to ignorance or lack of ability to distinguish the real dollars from SUPER DOLLARS!

Have we NOT gone over this fucking issue enough already!

TL

Posting Limitations