Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 127 of 137 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2043
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for the info.

One week till Monger Heaven!

Mongers,

The Banco de La Nacion branch at Ezeiza International Airport is open 24 hours per day, every day.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Quote Originally Posted by Donald
    Well aware but thanks for mentioning not to use the exchanges, I was refering to the Bank. American flight from Miami gets in at 6:20am, it's been two years but I'm thinking I had to wait a little bit for them to open, I just don't want to sit around the airport for another hour. Maybe I should just hit a bank in town, do you know a good place closer to Uruguay and Cordoba or Santa Fe than Paris Cambio?
    Hitch a ride on the 152 down Santa Fe and you are at the Paris Cambio in no time. Take it back from whence you came on Marcelo T. De Alvear.

Airport bank hours

Well aware but thanks for mentioning not to use the exchanges, I was refering to the Bank. American flight from Miami gets in at 6:20am, it's been two years but I'm thinking I had to wait a little bit for them to open, I just don't want to sit around the airport for another hour. Maybe I should just hit a bank in town, do you know a good place closer to Uruguay and Cordoba or Santa Fe than Paris Cambio?

Airport Bank Hours

I usually arrive on the early American Airlines flight and have always found the Bank Seaman refers to as open. This flight arrives around 8 or 7am based on the time of year. Seaman is quite correct about the "other" exchange locations at the airport (total rip off joints)

Happy Mongering All. Toymann

Airport exchange places

The only place you want to use there is Banco de la Nacion which gives you the official exchange rate. I guess they open at normal business hours, so around 8-9AM? I might be wrong though.

Stay well clear of all the other exchange places! Recently I was at the airport and checked the exchange rate at the other places. The official rate was 3.85 to a dollar, they were offering 3.33 to a dollar! And people were still queuing up to use their service. (The only thing they had to do was looking to the left and walk another 50 ft. BdlN was advertising the rate on a display!

Airport bank hours

Does anyone know what time the bank at the airport opens?

If you are in the situation that you need to change dollars to pesos, and the usual places are closed (which is most likely the case after 6PM) then you can go to Disco or Carrefour supermarkets and just pay your 10 pesos grocery with US$100. Disco gives ~5 cents under the published rate, Carrefour about 10cents. So that comes down to a whopping 5 pesos / 10 pesos for every US$100 changed. So in case you need pesos, and the exchange places are closed, that is the way to go!

Scam

I had this happen in Las Canitas early this year and in Bangkok in the summer. When the cashier is ready to give you your money, instead of verbally counting and showing the bills to you, they will just flop them under the window, whilst verbally emphasized the total figure of the transaction. If you are in any way distracted, you will be annoyed to find 1 bill missing later on. The second occasion, I caught it, and was paid but not much you can do about it.

I use this exchange house often, next to McDonalds

They accept photocopy of passport and will match bank rates. No english really spoken. I can change money off hours at the bank rates. They will negociate the rates if you are changing a few hundred dollars. To change 50 us dollars, they are not really interested.

Retired Member

Thats where the Chicks from out of town go to cash in their dollars.

Just up the street about a block & a half is a resident apartment hotel. Its completely full of girls from Paraguay and Brazil and most of them work in Recoleta clubs.

The tourist gringo's will sometimes pay them in dollars and thats the spot they exchange them for peso's.

Exon

2450 Santa Fe

Sydney,

Thanks for the warning. I was walking past just before 10.00 am as they were opening up and only checked if passports were needed.

Currency changed at Santa Fe 2450

Saw this place this morning. Almost at the corner of Santa Fe and Pueyrredon near the subte. Changes everything, pounds included. Passport needed.

Changing Sterling

Its a subte ride away from centro but if you're in the area there's a good place (normal rates, no passport needed) in Belgrano. Outside Juramento subte, on c / Juramento opposite Ateneo bookstore. Pounds, euros, dollars, and more.

Pounds Sterling

I have a friend who needs to exchange some Pounds Sterling (not Euros) and has not had any luck at two exchange houses. Any suggestion on where to go to exchange under.

Many thanks.

Posting Limitations