Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 15 of 137 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    So – the blue and the official peso rates are almost in parity around 13.9 to the US dollar. Are the arbolitos still selling pesos that are less than the service fees and exchange rate adjustments charged by banks when using a US $ based ATM card?

So aside from the bickering. Does anyone know what the rates are?

Starting to hear things

I'm starting to hear a voice from about two years ago. Accompanied by a strange buzzing sound.

I wonder about your life. Has it been sad and pathetic? Maybe I can ask some forum regulars to fill me in on your oh so amazing life. If it's so amazing why are you on this little forum 24/7. That alone is sad and pathetic. Good luck with your blue rate bub. I hope you squeeze out every last centavo while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Just remember how sad and pathetic their lives must be and be happy it's not yours.

No matter how hard they try

Just remember how sad and pathetic their lives must be and be happy it's not yours.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Remember

Don't feed the trolls, don't feed the trolls, never feed the fucking trolls.

Thanks Rocky.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Has anybody tried to withdraw from their US Citi account using a Citi atm in BA? I would never use Chase internationally.

Sounds like Chase gave it to you with no vaseline. Xoom has the worst exchange rate. There are much better options.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    The rates change everyday and the more you exchange the better the rate.

Common knowledge.

Now for something completely different:

I was forced to use an ATM ( the bad kind of ATM ) and this is what I received without a kiss.

I withdrew $700.00 Pesos coming from Chase USA.

My account reads :

NON-CHASE ATM WITHDRAW 720607 12/31AV. BELGR AR Peso 700.00 X 0.07722493 (EXCHG RTE) + 1.81 (EXCHG RTE ADJ).

NON-CHASE ATM FEE-WITH $5.00.

$62.03 Dollars debited.

Plus $79.80 Pesos to use the ATM.

Not even close to official or blue . Correct me please!

Xoom -.

Some of us down here use their services at least once a month for ourselves or to give away the money to some losers girlfriend.

Xoom Today -.

13.2783 to 1 plus escalating fees and a maximum allowed.

Best Bet :

My Private Banker downtown .

Up to $30,000.00 Dollars or Euros or Pesos a day .

Or a combination there of.

Fees and minimums apply.

Thanks ,

TL.

Let's Just Barter For Everything !

Quote Originally Posted by Ilstranger  [View Original Post]
    Thank you tejanolibre. But. The official exchange rate is now 13.6 and dollar blue is like 13.9-14. Unless I'm exchanging thousands of dollars at a time, it's too much of a hassle and definitely not worth my time For 300 pesos for every thousand dollars I exchange. I spend half of that on the taxi to get to microcentro.

Bye bye CFK. Bye bye dollar blue. Hello Macri. Hello " inflation? You ain't seen nothing yet.".
    The rates change everyday and the more you exchange the better the rate.

Common knowledge.

Now for something completely different:

I was forced to use an ATM ( the bad kind of ATM ) and this is what I received without a kiss.

I withdrew $700.00 Pesos coming from Chase USA.

My account reads :

NON-CHASE ATM WITHDRAW 720607 12/31AV. BELGR AR Peso 700.00 X 0.07722493 (EXCHG RTE) + 1.81 (EXCHG RTE ADJ).

NON-CHASE ATM FEE-WITH $5.00.

$62.03 Dollars debited.

Plus $79.80 Pesos to use the ATM.

Not even close to official or blue . Correct me please!

Xoom -.

Some of us down here use their services at least once a month for ourselves or to give away the money to some losers girlfriend.

Xoom Today -.

13.2783 to 1 plus escalating fees and a maximum allowed.

Best Bet :

My Private Banker downtown .

Up to $30,000.00 Dollars or Euros or Pesos a day .

Or a combination there of.

Fees and minimums apply.

Thanks ,

TL.

http://www.ambito.com/economia/mercados/monedas/dolar/

The official is 13.78 and the blue is around what?

14-:14.1 says dolar ambito.

" There will be a blue rate "? What, you're making proclamations now without providing any sound reasoning why. Do you even know what mechanics the BCRA is implementing? What their last statement said? No. Of course not. You're just praying to God you're right. Good luck with your incredible shrinking blue rate.

But if all you are seeing is a 50 centavo difference they must love you.

It's a rare day that I'm not seeing 10%.

If I changed the whole concept and started using ATM's once you figured the fees and the monkeying around that the central bank does it would be more like 15-20%.

There will be a blue rate (perhaps under a different name) until the day you can go to Miami or Paris with Pesos in your pocket and change them on arrival into Euro's or Dollars.

5000 Bullets Hit The Economy

If I changed the whole concept and started using ATM's once you figured the fees and the monkeying around that the central bank does it would be more like 15-20%.

There will be a blue rate (perhaps under a different name) until the day you can go to Miami or Paris with Pesos in your pocket and change them on arrival into Euro's or Dollars.
    When you hit an economy with 5000 bullets, it's hard to tell which ones did it in. To be able to exchange your pesos into dollars or euros when you fly into Miami or Paris, Macri is going to have to pull out the shells that killed the Argentine economy. Good luck.

Don't know where you're changing

Quote Originally Posted by Ilstranger  [View Original Post]
    There's a 50 centavo difference, on good days. Enjoy those remaining cents. While they last.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Not when you're looking at the relationship from the point of view where the peso is the centre of your world, ie. You do all your business in pesos! Then, to you, it's the dollar that's going up and down. You're only aware that it's the dollar that's 'relatively stable' if you also compare it to other, third-party currencies.

And your analogy with the guy with a stomach ache doesn't really stand up because there's not any connection between the two men and you wouldn't say the well guy 'got' stronger, but you would say he 'is' stronger.
    I think you got my point.

Jax.

Sounds like you have a better grasp of the basics.

He doesn't know what he's saying. The dollar has been surging against all currencies over the past year. Try and tell a Bull the Dollar hasn't been " strengthening " against all EM and CE currencies. A basic marker for dollar strength is the dollar index. And yes, it hit all time highs last year. Argentina doesn't exist in a vacuum. Everything is interconnected. Unfortunately most people prefer talking nonsense instead of admitting it's really too complicated for them to understand.

In order to properly analyze a currency pair you would have to first properly analyze their respective economies separately and then in relation to each other etc. Both strengthen and weaken with relation to each other and other currencies for different reasons and at different times.

The Dollar is stable? Try telling that to the IMF. 7 years of ZIRP and QE somehow equates stability? The Dow whipwsawwed 1000 points yesterday. There is a reason China's Yuan just got added to the SDR basket for 2016. And also why the IMF is going to be altering the composition of the SDR reserves. Governments and central banks all over the world have had it with the FOMC' s volatile monetary policy.

Quote Originally Posted by FOMC'sW  [View Original Post]
    not when you're looking at the relashionship from the point of vview where the peso is the centre of your world, ie. You do all r business in pesos! Then, to you, it's the dollar that's going up and down. You're only aware that it's the dollar that's 'relatively stable' if you also compare it to other, third-party currencies.

And your analogy with the guy with a stomach ache doesn't really stand up because there's not any connection between the two men and you wouldn't say the well guy 'got' stronger, but you would say he 'is' stronger.

Still looking pretty damn good to me.
    There's a 50 centavo difference, on good days. Enjoy those remaining cents. While they last.

Posting Limitations