Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 17 of 137 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 117 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Yes there is

Quote Originally Posted by Ilstranger  [View Original Post]
    No more dollar blue.
    The spread is only 10% now but it's still there and probably always will be.

No more dollar blue.

Spread starting to open

Banco de la Nacion is showing the dollar at 12.8 today. I called my guy and he quoted 13.7 on a 1000.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

I don't remember where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276  [View Original Post]
    Called my Citi CC today. With no foreign exchg fee, any charges for today will have a rate of 0.0761 pesos per USD. Therefore:

1.00 USD = 13.1270 ARS.

US Dollar ↔ Argentine Peso.

1 USD = 13.1270 ARS 1 ARS = 0.0761789 USD.

Mid-market rates: 2015-12-20 14:31 UTC.

Too early to start using card. Disco supermarket offered 13 to 1 for cash purchase.

They are all playing it safe.

Maybe members can post other examples - restaurants, hotels, etc..
    Yesterday, a store (clothing, electronics or shoes knowing me) had a rate of 13.7-1 posted at the register. It might have been a restaurant. Sorry I know this isn't that useful but it does help with what is trending because I am certain of the number.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

CC Cambio

Called my Citi CC today. With no foreign exchg fee, any charges for today will have a rate of 0.0761 pesos per USD. Therefore:

1.00 USD = 13.1270 ARS.

US Dollar ↔ Argentine Peso.

1 USD = 13.1270 ARS 1 ARS = 0.0761789 USD.

Mid-market rates: 2015-12-20 14:31 UTC.

Too early to start using card. Disco supermarket offered 13 to 1 for cash purchase.

They are all playing it safe.

Maybe members can post other examples - restaurants, hotels, etc..

Float

New Argentina President Macri has allowed the Peso to float on the open market. Its now at 13 to 1 US dollar. Yesterday it was 9.7 to 1. We will see how far it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    Unless he has backtracked incoming president Mecri has stated that he will remove restrictions on foreign currency purchases. My thoughts have been that this will increase the pesos to the dollar at the official rate. So what happens to the blue rate. I'm wondering if the official rate shows a dramatic increase in pesos to dollars and the blue rate initially stays the same but their goal is to bring the two rates closer together and eventually have the two rates the same.
    I believe his plan is putting it very simply is to allow the official rate to match the blue rate (official goes up a lot and the blue down a little??) making ONE exchange rate thus helping to reduce the dollar demand and hopefully reduce inflation to a single digit phenomenon. And maybe Moyano will reduce the teamsters salary's while all this is happening?? :-).

Argentine politics

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    Unless he has backtracked incoming president Mecri has stated that he will remove restrictions on foreign currency purchases. My thoughts have been that this will increase the pesos to the dollar at the official rate. So what happens to the blue rate. I'm wondering if the official rate shows a dramatic increase in pesos to dollars and the blue rate initially stays the same but their goal is to bring the two rates closer together and eventually have the two rates the same.
    There's a lot of discussion about this on that thread. I honestly don't think anybody knows at this point.

Just a thought

Victor The Cambio Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276  [View Original Post]
    Yes, plenty on Florida.
    Some of you may know or surely have seen or noticed Victor on the corner of Florida and Marcelo T de Alvear.

He has been there for about 10 years and he is wheelchair bound.

Today I just happened to be walking past him and I was looking for a quick and decent exchange rate but it was a national holiday and I only had a few bucks to exchange.

He gave me $14.60 to 1. Good enough. I had just finished a walking tour of BA and we had walked about 8 miles.

I'm sure you could find a better rate but it was a tiny amount and when I talked to him and thought about his situation I could not think of a more deserving individual.

He gave me the pesos and I told him that I didn't even need to count it but he insisted.

He had overpaid me. Of course I gave him the difference and asked him for his Whatsapp info.

Victor the Cambio Guy.

+54911 3604 1677.

Florida and Marcelo T de Alvear .

7 days a week .

In a wheelchair for life.

Thanks ,

TL.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Si

Yes, plenty on Florida.

Sunday

Sorry in advance if this a dumb question. Is it possible to exchange money on Sundays on Calle Florida? I will be in BA briefly on a Sunday, then have to catch a bus to Patagonia on Sunday evening.

FYI: Xoom has changed its Argentine peso dollar exchange rate benchmark.

Today the rate is 15.04. It is a better rate than they were using in the past. The green venta (sale) rate on dolarblue.net today is 15.10.

Also if your friend is heading to Paraguay for the holidays, I was told (I cannot substantiate this for fact) that they can receive the transfer in dollars from Xoom in that country.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    C) Discount as percent of the Average Rate = -99.49%
    Jackson
    Wouldn't the discount be .50% and not -99.49%?

(15.98 - 15.90) / 15.98 = .08 / 15.98 = .005 = .50%

But thanks!

Administrator

Venues: 398

Exchange Rate Analysis

Greetings Everyone,

Today at approximately 4 pm a friend of mine exchanged $1,000 USD for pesos.

Just before he left to exchange his cash, the popular local exchange rate websites were reporting the following Blue Dollar exchange rates:

PLEASE NOTE: These are the published rates to SELL your dollars in exchange for pesos.

La Nacion "Dolar Blue Compra" = Unavailable

Ambito.com "Informal Compra" = 15.88

Infobae.com "Dolar Libre" = 16.03

DolarBlue.net "Deep Blue Compra" = Outdated

DolarAlDia.com "Dolar BLUE o Dolar Paralelo" = 16.03

----------------------------------------------------------

A) Average Published Rate = 15.98

B) Rate Actually Received = 15.90

C) Discount as percent of the Average Rate = -99.49%

D) Discount as a multiplier of the Average Rate = X .9849

You're welcome.

Jackson