Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 19 of 137 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Member#3320  [View Original Post]
    I just hope BA does not become Caracas.

1 usd = 6 Bs in white.

1 usd = 630 Bs in Black.
    While it might never get that bad here, its not for lack of trying.......

I just hope BA does not become Caracas.

1 usd = 6 Bs in white.

1 usd = 630 Bs in Black.

I think it would be wise to change at least 5000 usd at 15.0 and not repent whether it goes further up or crashes down.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

Rocketing

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Prolly around 14.5 today, still gaining.

Perm adjustment or winter vacation demand? Change a bunch or slowly ride it up? Opinions?
    $14.76 right now.

Oh hell yeah!

Prolly around 14.5 today, still gaining.

Perm adjustment or winter vacation demand? Change a bunch or slowly ride it up? Opinions?

Inside Argentina's Blue Dollar Market

How does Argentina's illegal and opaque currency market really work?

*A long report*.

https://www.the-newshub.com/internat...-dollar-market

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buymecola For This Post:

This analysis would actually be more accurate if you not only take the average published online rate but also an average of the cueva rates. From what I've found cueva prices usually differ about 20-30 centavos so a more accurate analysis would factor this in as well.

When I left the exchange rate was 12.40 Now it's 13.40. Damn capital controls. Did I miss any elections btw?

Changed Less Than Usual

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    As did I, Ambito shows a close of 13.2-13.3 today. Sadly last nights entertainment is COD. Hopefully this is the beginning of the long awaited adjustment.
    I do not pretend to be smart, but on occasion I am lucky. I usually change $500, but Monday I only changed $300.

Tres3.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Looks like you traded a day early

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    This afternoon I received 12.70 for three Benjamins.

Tres3.
    As did I, Ambito shows a close of 13.2-13.3 today. Sadly last nights entertainment is COD. Hopefully this is the beginning of the long awaited adjustment.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Monday Exchange

This afternoon I received 12.70 for three Benjamins.

Tres3.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Exchange Rate Analysis

Greetings Everyone,

Today at approximately 4 pm a friend of mine exchanged $1,000 USD for pesos.

Just before he left to exchange his cash, the popular local exchange rate websites were reporting the following Blue Dollar exchange rates:

PLEASE NOTE: These are the published rates to SELL your dollars in exchange for pesos.

La Nacion "Dolar Blue Compra" = 12.75

Ambito.com "Informal Compra" = 12.92

Infobae.com "Dolar Libre" = 13.08

DolarBlue.net "Deep Blue Compra" = 13.02

DolarAlDia.com "Dolar BLUE o Dolar Paralelo" = 13.02

----------------------------------------------------------

A) Average Published Rate = 12.96

B) Rate Actually Received = 12.90

C) Discount as percent of the Average Rate = -0.47%

D) Discount as a multiplier of the Average Rate = x .9953

You're welcome.

Jackson

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

I Do Not Know

Quote Originally Posted by WildWalleye  [View Original Post]
    Is it possible to go to the teller and get cash for the full amount in one transaction, rather than doing the three or four transactions?
    I do not know about the Uruguay banks, but if they are similar to the USA you probably have to have an account to cash a check. I do not know if the Uruguay banks give credit card advances in dollars. My ATM card rebates the ATM fees in full, so I just use the ATM machine.

Tres3.

When I made a withdrawal 2 years ago, my bank had a maximum of $1000.00 USD per day. The ATM machines had a maximum of $300.00 USD per TRANSACTION, and a $6.00 charge per transaction. I made 3 withdrawals of $300.00 each. I could have made a fourth withdrawal of $100.00 but chose not to.

If the banks are like the most of the rest of Uruguay, little has changed in 2 years, and you are still limited to $300.00 per ATM transaction. I do not know if the ATM machines have a maximum USD withdrawal limit, but since your bank limits you to $500.00 USD, you should be OK..
    I hope this helps.

Tres3.
    Is it possible to go to the teller and get cash for the full amount in one transaction, rather than doing the three or four transactions?

Department of Redundancy Department alert

When I made a withdrawal 2 years ago, my bank had a maximum of $1000.00 USD per day. The ATM machines had a maximum of $300.00 USD per TRANSACTION, and a $6.00 charge per transaction. I made 3 withdrawals of $300.00 each. I could have made a fourth withdrawal of $100.00 but chose not to.

If the banks are like the most of the rest of Uruguay, little has changed in 2 years, and you are still limited to $300.00 per ATM transaction. I do not know if the ATM machines .
    Hee hee. Seriously, though, good information. I'll be visiting Uruguay during my upcoming trip in October, so will take advantage of the ATM opportunities.

ATM Withdrawal in Uruguay

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyDoerr  [View Original Post]
    Do you know if caja automaticas (ATMs) in Colonia Uruguay have a max amount of US dollars they let you withdraw daily? I know my bank limits withdrawal to $500 a day. But is there a daily limit on withdrawals set by the ATM machines themselves? How much?

If the banks are like the most of the rest of Uruguay, little has changed in 2 years, and you are still limited to $300.00 per ATM transaction. I do not know if the ATM machines have a maximum USD withdrawal limit, but since your bank limits you to $500.00 USD, you should be OK..
    I hope this helps.

Tres3.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Posting Limitations