Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 20 of 137 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Maximum cash withdrawal in dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    Earlier this week I went to Colonia for the first time in over two years. I went with a friend and did not obtain ATM dollars like the last time, but the ATM machines still give dollars or Uruguayan pesos. I bought the ticket at the Seacat office on Cordoba, and paid with cash that I had obtained at the blue rate. The exchange rate had kept up with the ticket increases, so I paid about the same in dollar (about USD $50 R/T) terms as I paid over two years ago.

The ticket is issued by Seacat, but the ferry is operated by Buquebus. So little has changed in two years that I did not notice any changes. With the tip, I paid 70 pesos for a taxi from an area near the Biblioteca Nacional.

The nice thing is that the Argentinians and Uruguayans have gotten together, and you only have to go through Customs and Immigration once.

Tres3.
    Do you know if caja automaticas (ATMs) in Colonia Uruguay have a max amount of US dollars they let you withdraw daily? I know my bank limits withdrawal to $500 a day. But is there a daily limit on withdrawals set by the ATM machines themselves? How much?

Friday 6/12/2015 Exchange

I received 12.45 pesos per USD for 5 Benjamins.

Tres3.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Colonia Two Years Later

The ferry, with taxes and fees cost $354 pesos, plus the taxi to and from the ferry terminal.

Tres3.
    Earlier this week I went to Colonia for the first time in over two years. I went with a friend and did not obtain ATM dollars like the last time, but the ATM machines still give dollars or Uruguayan pesos. I bought the ticket at the Seacat office on Cordoba, and paid with cash that I had obtained at the blue rate. The exchange rate had kept up with the ticket increases, so I paid about the same in dollar (about USD $50 R/T) terms as I paid over two years ago.

The ticket is issued by Seacat, but the ferry is operated by Buquebus. So little has changed in two years that I did not notice any changes. With the tip, I paid 70 pesos for a taxi from an area near the Biblioteca Nacional.

The nice thing is that the Argentinians and Uruguayans have gotten together, and you only have to go through Customs and Immigration once.

Tres3.

All The Same at My Private Banker

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    But the Korean off of lavalle told me generally speaking .50 less from her.
    The less value is bullshit.

Call me DB !

Esmeralda and Cordoba.

High Rise.

Safe .

American .

TL.

Never tried at the office

Quote Originally Posted by ElPerro  [View Original Post]
    I've $600US in twenties to get rid of. Any idea as to what rate I should expect ? Thanks.
    But the Korean off of lavalle told me generally speaking .50 less from her.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Twenties ?

I've $600US in twenties to get rid of. Any idea as to what rate I should expect ? Thanks.

Dollars

Anyone want to give me some pesos in exchange for some dollars ... Reasonable offers considered.

Max.

The numbers are crazy this year. I ended up buying at the wrong time and wrong price thinking in would go up if i waited more. Turns out the opposite happened.

Please check pm's.

13 to 1 change

Hello guys...

I changed 700 dollars in Tarija Bolivia to travel to Buenos Aires last week but it seems that i over rated my travel expenses and I have too much local cash left before leaving the country. If anybody on the forum is interested, i ll buy their dollars at 13 pesos for one dollar, i currently have around 5000 pesos left...the offer lasts till next Saturday. Euros will be also welcome at 14.3 to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxuk  [View Original Post]
    Hi Tres.

Thanks for the advice... What do I look out for?

M.
    Here's one reference : http://santelmoloft.com/2011/07/22/f...-in-argentina/.

I think that I've seen other, similar articles but can't find them at the moment.

Bob.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AllIWantIsLove For This Post:

Counterfeit

Be careful not to get counterfeit bills when you change money on Florida. They are not as prevalent as a few years ago because of the anti-counterfeit measures adopted in the newer bills, but be careful nevertheless.

Tres3.
    Hi Tres.

Thanks for the advice... What do I look out for?

M.

Counterfeit Bills

Be careful not to get counterfeit bills when you change money on Florida. They are not as prevalent as a few years ago because of the anti-counterfeit measures adopted in the newer bills, but be careful nevertheless.

Tres3.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxuk  [View Original Post]
    Hi Folks.

I am awash with dollars and euros. Can anyone recommend an exchange bureau where I'll get the much advertised 12 peso to the dollar.

Thanks.

M.
    If you are downtown (ANYWHERE near Florida) you can not walk more than five paces without heaing "Cambio, Cambio.".

I changed US $ today at 12.2.

If you do not like the rate quoted then walk another five steps!!

I have NEVER had any problems changing cash this way.

Regards,

Hotman.

By the way I do NOT speak more than ten words of Spanish.

Exchanging dollars

Hi Folks.

I am awash with dollars and euros. Can anyone recommend an exchange bureau where I'll get the much advertised 12 peso to the dollar.

Thanks.

M.

Posting Limitations