Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 23 of 137 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 123 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Fuck Western Onion

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Im guessing people dont read older posts. But if he wants to lose 30% of his cash he can use western union all day longggggggg.
    Use Xoom !

Cheap Fees and decent limit .

2 blocks from the AP house .

Legit bills and close to blue exchange . You can send up to $2999.00 Dollars per day I think.

Use this link :http://refer.xoom.com/v2/share/6136628123340402916.

Fee Calculator :https://www.xoom.com/money-transfer-fees.

A lot of us have been using Xoom for years .

Good Luck ,

TL.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyDoerr  [View Original Post]
    Not too worried about getting mugged, but why carry a wad of money out of EZE when once in a while you might ETF yourself dough online through Western Union? I'm thinkin' you send US Dollars from your credit/debit card or bank online through WU to yourself in BA. Or have the Argies stopped WU from paying a receiver in US dollars? According to WU this morning, if asked, WU in Argentina will pay in US Dollars. Anyone out there know if that's true?
    Im guessing people dont read older posts. But if he wants to lose 30% of his cash he can use western union all day longggggggg.

No Way

Not too worried about getting mugged, but why carry a wad of money out of EZE when once in a while you might ETF yourself dough online through Western Union? I'm thinkin' you send US Dollars from your credit/debit card or bank online through WU to yourself in BA. Or have the Argies stopped WU from paying a receiver in US dollars? According to WU this morning, if asked, WU in Argentina will pay in US Dollars. Anyone out there know if that's true?

No way I'm walking out of EZE with 10 G's in cash. Just trying to figure the range an average guy spends a month or a week excluding housing,babes and booze. I got those three covered. Walking around money, like grocery shopping (in supermarkets), laundry, dry cleaning, maid service a couple a mornings a week, hospital med insurance, taxis, cell cards, calls, etc. Is what I'm talking. Is it comparable to the US or 25% moreor 25% less? What's you best guess?
    You're not obligated to declare any cash up to $10,000. I've come through EZE with $10,000 and more and never a problem. If you are worried about getting taken by a bent cabbie then contact Silver Star for a secure ride into town. Don't be put off by the fear mongering.

Nobody here knows how much you will need because everybody has a different budget. The bottom line is that you don't want to get caught short of dollars because getting dollars here is a pain in the ass.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

No Way

No way I'm walking out of EZE with 10 G's in cash. Just trying to figure the range an average guy spends a month or a week excluding housing,babes and booze. I got those three covered. Walking around money, like grocery shopping (in supermarkets), laundry, dry cleaning, maid service a couple a mornings a week, hospital med insurance, taxis, cell cards, calls, etc. Is what I'm talking. Is it comparable to the US or 25% moreor 25% less? What's you best guess?

All you can

I got my housing covered. How much dough do you think I should I bring down to exchange if I'm staying 3 months?
    If you want to be different and not break the law, bring the entire $10,000 that Argentine law permits. Whether or not you declare it at EZE is up to you. In the current environment, I would not want ANYONE to know that I had that much USD cash. You only need to change a small amount into pesos as you need them. Pesos are worthless anywhere but Argentina. If the place you are staying does not have a safe, buy one. You can always take any unspent USD back to the USA.

Tres3.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

As much as you can

I got my housing covered. How much dough do you think I should I bring down to exchange if I'm staying 3 months?
    Even if you don't use it you can always find somebody that will be willing to buy it from you with a wire transfer in the states. Even if you can't they won't spoil so you can take them back home with you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Budget

Another WWIII proxy war in Yemen just started. Oil futures getting a temporary boost. If it fizzles I don't expect the Peso to see much movement. If it heats up and oil futures surge I'd look for a weakened USD and a strong Peso. Very interesting development for the markets. Stupid Saudis. International war crimes. Breach of UN charter. Open act of aggression. Would the Americans cry foul if Russia openly started bombing Ukraine? Hypocrites. Lol. Anyway. Stay tuned. Things might get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    The posted price for the blue will, but what you can actually get on the street is something else lately.
    Cueva prices are dolar ambito prices and I don't see them pushing past the13;1 resistance marker any time soon. This dos based on much more than market sentiment. But keep hope alive.

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan  [View Original Post]
    The price won't hit 13;1 anytime soon.
    The posted price for the blue will, but what you can actually get on the street is something else lately.

The price won't hit 13;1 anytime soon.

Out here in the Boonies

$12.60 today at the hole in the wall in Moreno for $500U$D.

12.5 for US $300 Mar 20th, at Scalabrini Ortiz & Cerviņo

12.5 for US $300 Mar 20th, at Scalabrini Ortiz & Cerviņo.

Hi guys,

Here's my cambio cheat sheet taken from past posts.

1. The coin shop
    2. The leather shop
    3. The Luggage Store
    4. "Western Union"
    5. Shop 32 in Galeria Colon
    6. Store on Lavalle with Aaron.

Are these cambio's still working and recommended? Any further comment on a specific place is well appreciated. Thank you.

Posting Limitations