Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 25 of 137 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 125 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

12.7 for US $100 Fri. Feb. 13th at Scalabrini Ortiz & Cerviņo, + Sat. Hours

That's the same rate as I received less than two hours earlier at 1245 Arenales (near Libertad).

A sign said that they are closed Saturdays in Jan. And Feb. , which must mean that they are open Saturdays during other months.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllIWantIsLove For This Post:

12.7 Fri. Feb. 13th for US $100 at 1245 Arenales (near Libertad) M-F 10 am - 5:30.

I got exactly the same rate less than two hours later at Cervio y Ortiz.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AllIWantIsLove For This Post:

Holiday

Carnival this weekend. FYI, some change houses closed Mon. & Tues.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomaso276 For This Post:

Twenties

Anyone heading back home who has some 50 or 100 dollar bills left over? I have a stack of 20's to swap. They are tuff to xchange here. Will take whatever you have. Lunch on me for 500 or more. Thanks.

12.8 Today (Mon Feb. 9th) for US $200 at 1245 Arenales (near Libertad) M-F 10 am - 5:30

12.8 Today (Mon Feb. 9th) for US $200 at 1245 Arenales (near Libertad) M-F 10 am - 5:30.

Down by .2 pesos from what I received 6 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosruedas  [View Original Post]
    Right now I'm in Las Vegas. I'll be in BA 19 February for a few weeks. I know its a long way away. But if you're still in need for some USD. Let me know. Dos are.
    Well so far you're my best offer but I hope I get something sooner.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Exchange Rate Anaylsys

Greetings Everyone,

Today at approximately 4 pm a friend of mine exchanged $1,000 USD for pesos.

Just before he left to exchange his cash, the popular local exchange rate websites were reporting the following Blue Dollar exchange rates:

PLEASE NOTE: These are the published rates to SELL your dollars in exchange for pesos.

La Nacion "Dolar Blue Venta" = 13.30

Ambito.com "Informal Compra" = 13.10

Infobae.com "Dolar Libre" = 13.20

DolarBlue.net "Deep Blue Compra" = 13.20

DolarAlDia.com "Dolar BLUE o Dolar Paralelo" = 13.25

----------------------------------------------------------

A) Average Published Rate = 13.21

B) Rate Actually Received = 13.05

C) Discount from Average Rate = -01.22% (x .9878)

You're welcome.

Jackson

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

13.0 Today (Thur. Feb. 5rd) for US $200 at 1245 Arenales (near Libertad) M-F 10 am - 5:30 pm.

13.0 Today (Thur. Feb. 5rd) for US $200 at 1245 Arenales (near Libertad) M-F 10 am - 5:30.

Changing curency

Quote Originally Posted by Carlospalermo  [View Original Post]
    Hello I'm looking for 500 dollars I can pay 13.30/1 for them. I'm in palermo we can meet in a public place for the safety of both parties. Yes I've just joined, so for brave souls only. Pm for details.
    Right now I'm in Las Vegas. I'll be in BA 19 February for a few weeks. I know its a long way away. But if you're still in need for some USD. Let me know. Dos are.

Hello I'm looking for 500 dollars I can pay 13.30/1 for them. I'm in palermo we can meet in a public place for the safety of both parties. Yes I've just joined, so for brave souls only. Pm for details.

Using Xoom is doom (or dumb)

There was some advice on a previous post that suggested using XOOM was a great idea. I disagree as long as you do not need the money and can wait six days. Actually I think that the recipient of the advice mentioned he was not in a hurry.

If you sent $2000 from a USA Bank account for pickup in Argentina, delivered in Pesos, via Xoom, right this minute, the money would transfer at a rate of 11.80 pesos with charge up front of $30.

The same transaction via RIA would be done at 12.09 pesos delivered in Argentina with a $10.00 charge up front.

The difference is. 29 pesos x $2000 = 580 pesos. 580 pesos at approx. 13 to the dollar = $44.61. $44.61 + $20 difference in up front fees = $64.61. $64.61 in Argentina is a steak and a blow job.

You are not going to poke holes in my argument this time.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PirateMorgan For This Post:

13.0 Today (Tues. Feb. 3rd) for US $100 at 1245 Arenales (near Libertad) M-F 10 am - 5:30 pm

13.0 Today (Tues. Feb. 3rd) for US $100 at 1245 Arenales (near Libertad) M-F 10 am - 5:30 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Fuck, no January effect this year at all. What a pisser.
    There are four primary reasons to explain this:

1. The "dolar ahorro" is in full effect; basically any Argentine worker earning about 10 k pesos or more per month in white can use up to 20% of their salary to buy USD at the official rate +20 %; they take those USD and sell them immediately at a cueva for an instant profit. This provides significant liquidity to the blue market.

2. The government essentially banned CCL (contado con liquidacion) operations and shut down / corralled several investment banks for allegedly abusing these types of financial operations.

3. The economy is in full recession. Just take a look at all the empty storefronts in prime locations all over the good neighborhoods in the CABA. There is simply far less disposable income floating around than there was in prior years.

4. The government continues to intervene in the parallel market by selling ANSES held dollar denominated bonds; this is basically selling off the pension fund's assets to temporarily subsidize the USD price at a time of global USD appreciation; truly disgraceful!

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ElAlamoPalermo For This Post:

Xoom

If you are down here for an extended amount of time or you can't bring enough money with you because of the limits, this company allows you to send money to yourself from the United States.

Using your account in the USA:

https://www.xoom.com/argentina/send-...st_name=Ramiro.

We also both get paid if you use that link.

Free Money.

It's a referral program.

You pick-up your Pesos (NEVER DOLLARS) on Libertad and Santa Fe in a perfectly safe office that is like a Western Union but the rates to send money are a lot cheaper and the exchange rate is a lot better.

Maybe 11.75 to 1 today. Changes all the time.

Western ONION is probably 8. 5 to 1 .

A lot of us use this method all the time.

Works great to send money to your GFs too.

TL.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

This Will Do

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    But what's the Spanish for what I need to ask? I'm pretty sure that cotizacin would be part of it but what are the other words? "Si al es el cotizacin?" I don't think that cotizacin is used in other countries but I see it used here.
    This should be good enough:

"Cuanto vale el Dolar hoy?" " How much is the Dollar worth today?

They usually counter with:

"Compra o Venta?" " Buying or Selling?

You say:

"Venta. " , "Cambio. " That you are Selling, exchanging.

And yes, $13.30 for a small amount seems good enough.

May actually be $13.45 but what can you do with the $30 p that you left on the table?

TL.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Posting Limitations