Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 26 of 137 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 126 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    But what's the Spanish for what I need to ask? I'm pretty sure that cotizaciand would be part of it but what are the other words? seeal es el cotizaciand? ?? I don't think that cotizaciand is used in other countries but I see it used here.
    I doubt my miserable Spanish is any better than yours! I say "Tengo cinco cien dolares" (as an example), and then ask for the "rate" in English. They know what "rate" means!

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Tell them how many dollars you have and ask for the rate before you pull the dollars out of your pocket. That said, $13.30 is not a bad current rate at all.

FYI, I went by this cueva last Saturday about 11 AM and they were closed. I remember a few years ago they were open on Saturdays.
    But what's the Spanish for what I need to ask? I'm pretty sure that cotizacion would be part of it but what are the other words? "Cual es el cotizacion?" I don't think that cotizacion is used in other countries but I see it used here.

I prefer my crow well done

Fuck, no January effect this year at all. What a pisser.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    I use this place from time to time and I think in the past they have always shown me the rate and waited for my consent before taking my money and counting out the pesos. On Monday I held up my two $100 bills and waited for the guy to show me what rate I would be receiving. But he reached for the bills, took them and began the transaction. Since I always have felt that I receive a fair rate here I did not object. But I really need to learn how to inquire about the rate (and understand the answer).

Bob.
    Tell them how many dollars you have and ask for the rate before you pull the dollars out of your pocket. That said, $13.30 is not a bad current rate at all.

FYI, I went by this cueva last Saturday about 11 AM and they were closed. I remember a few years ago they were open on Saturdays.

13.3 for US $200 Two Days Ago (Jan 26th) at Scalabrini Ortiz & Cerviņo, but ...

I use this place from time to time and I think in the past they have always shown me the rate and waited for my consent before taking my money and counting out the pesos. On Monday I held up my two $100 bills and waited for the guy to show me what rate I would be receiving. But he reached for the bills, took them and began the transaction. Since I always have felt that I receive a fair rate here I did not object. But I really need to learn how to inquire about the rate (and understand the answer).

Bob.

If you can

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDude  [View Original Post]
    I am starting my trip in Argentina but will end my trip in Rio. Would I benefit from exchanging pesos that I got using the blue rate into reals, or should I just exchange dollars for reals?
    Try to get to EZE or the aeroparque with just enough pesos to get through the terminal. Spend them all, even if it is buying magazines and gum.

13.3 Today (Thur. Jan 22nd) for US $200 at 1245 Arenales (near Libertad) M-F 10 am - 5:30 pm

13.3 Today (Thur. Jan 22nd) for US $200 at 1245 Arenales (near Libertad) M-F 10 am - 5:30 pm.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AllIWantIsLove For This Post:

Pesos

If you throw them into the Trevi fountain in Rome, the fountain most likely spit them back at you. "Three coins in the fountain", for those who do not know or remember the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydude  [View Original Post]
    I am starting my trip in Argentina but will end my trip in Rio. Would I benefit from exchanging pesos that I got using the blue rate into reals, or should I just exchange dollars for reals?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WorldTravel69 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    About the only place that an Argentine peso is worth anything is Argentina. If you can find a Brazilian who will take your pesos, you will most likely take a haircut. Foreign countries do not want pesos. Even at the borders of adjacent countries people do not want pesos. That is why you should change only what you need.

Tres3.
    It's what I figured but thought I would ask. Thanks.

Brazilians Do Not Want Pesos

About the only place that an Argentine peso is worth anything is Argentina. If you can find a Brazilian who will take your pesos, you will most likely take a haircut. Foreign countries do not want pesos. Even at the borders of adjacent countries people do not want pesos. That is why you should change only what you need.

Tres3.

Changing arg peso to brazilian real.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    With a name like Joeydude where else would you be from! East Bronx?
    Yes, I am a Bronx boy. Wow you are good!

I am from USA, NYC.
    With a name like Joeydude where else would you be from! East Bronx?

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    The Currency Exchange places will find You.

Directly across the widest avenue in the world (9 de Julio) from your hotel. Carlos Pellegrini.

2nd. Street on your left (Lavalle) becomes a Pedestrian street. (begins 900 block of Lavalle) .

Walk from the 900 block of Lavalle to about the 400 block.

You will be bombarded with offers to exchange currency every 5 feet.

There are no Official places that you would want to deal with. They are All clandestine.

DR gave you directions to his favorite.

Have Fun,

TL.

Are you from Australia?

Oh yeah, no problem with girls getting into your room as long as they have an I.D Card.
    I am from USA, NYC.

They Will Find You.

What street should I walk on to find currency exchange places?

So you know my hotel, how easy will it be to get girls into my room?
    The Currency Exchange places will find You.

Directly across the widest avenue in the world (9 de Julio) from your hotel. Carlos Pellegrini.

2nd. Street on your left (Lavalle) becomes a Pedestrian street. (begins 900 block of Lavalle) .

Walk from the 900 block of Lavalle to about the 400 block.

You will be bombarded with offers to exchange currency every 5 feet.

There are no Official places that you would want to deal with. They are All clandestine.

DR gave you directions to his favorite.

Have Fun,

TL.

Are you from Australia?

Oh yeah, no problem with girls getting into your room as long as they have an I.D Card.

Posting Limitations