Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 27 of 137 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 127 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    If you are going to be staying at the Hotel Republica then you will be walking distance to everything downtown.

2 blocks from the Currency Exchange places.

4 blocks from Excedra.

5. 5 blocks from the Hooker Bars.

Surrounded by Privados.

You will feel like a Tampon!

White and Surrounded by Pussy!

Need a Guide?

TL.

Don't worry about Fake Pesos and Dishonest Taxi Drivers.

They are out there but not as common as before.

I received 780 $100.00 Peso bills on Saturday and they were all real.

I have only seen 1 fake in about 4 years and I exchange almost everyday.
    What street should I walk on to find currency exchange places?

So you know my hotel, how easy will it be to get girls into my room?

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    I will PM you with some other info.
    And you won several NCAA championships.

Follow TL's instructions

I will PM you with some other info.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydude  [View Original Post]
    Any place you can recommend. I plan on exchanging just the once so want to do it right.

Thanks for all your help? Can I bring anything from the states?

Ugly Lobby But Great Location

It appears to be only a short walk from what it looks like on a map. So you don't think I'll have a problem finding some blue rate spots on Saturday? What street has these guys hawking dollars?
    If you are going to be staying at the Hotel Republica then you will be walking distance to everything downtown.

2 blocks from the Currency Exchange places.

4 blocks from Excedra.

5. 5 blocks from the Hooker Bars.

Surrounded by Privados.

You will feel like a Tampon!

White and Surrounded by Pussy!

Need a Guide?

TL.

Don't worry about Fake Pesos and Dishonest Taxi Drivers.

They are out there but not as common as before.

I received 780 $100.00 Peso bills on Saturday and they were all real.

I have only seen 1 fake in about 4 years and I exchange almost everyday.

If there are tourists there will Hawkers.

On Lavalle, Corrientes and Florida.

Watch out for counterfeit bills. Be sure you have exact fair for taxis. They are notorious for giving phony bills.
    Any place you can recommend. I plan on exchanging just the once so want to do it right.

Thanks for all your help? Can I bring anything from the states?

Hawking

If there are tourists there will Hawkers.

On Lavalle, Corrientes and Florida.

Watch out for counterfeit bills. Be sure you have exact fair for taxis. They are notorious for giving phony bills.

It appears to be only a short walk from what it looks like on a map. So you don't think I'll have a problem finding some blue rate spots on Saturday? What street has these guys hawking dollars?

If you like clubs Ness, Cattos, Hook, and is not that far from Newport, Exedra and Orleans the heart would Av. Cordoba. There are massage places and Privados everywhere.

It is not bad on Av. Corrientes, they have great theatre stage shows. Great music shows, etc. Noisy.

Heart of the Action

If you like clubs Ness, Cattos, Hook, and is not that far from Newport, Exedra and Orleans the heart would Av. Cordoba. There are massage places and Privados everywhere.

It is not bad on Av. Corrientes, they have great theatre stage shows. Great music shows, etc. Noisy.

Hmmm, the hotel was listed on a map from this site, I figured it was in the heart of the action. I could change it if you think it's that bad there. It will cost me a few buck but don't want to to have travel very far for action.

You will be only a few blocks away from the guys hawking for dollars.

Why do you want to stay in that area?

Retiro or Recoleta would be more fun.
    Hmmm, the hotel was listed on a map from this site, I figured it was in the heart of the action. I could change it if you think it's that bad there. It will cost me a few buck but don't want to to have travel very far for action.

Exchange places

You will be only a few blocks away from the guys hawking for dollars.

Why do you want to stay in that area?

Retiro or Recoleta would be more fun.

I just realized I will be arriving on Saturday morning, I read that most blue rate locations are closed. Any idea on a place that might be open and near my hotel.

DR, I've changed hotels to the republic wellness spa and hotel on corrientes and cerrito. Any blue rates place near there. Thanks for all your help.
    I just realized I will be arriving on Saturday morning, I read that most blue rate locations are closed. Any idea on a place that might be open and near my hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Come out hotel, turn left, go to corner, cross Corrientes, turn left, go to middle of the block, there is a Gallaria that cuts all the way through to Lavalle that has a sex shop as one of the first places. Enter, walk almost to Lavalle (down steps, past LED TV wall mount store, past old stereo store) you will see a leather shop on the left, right there. Don't bring 20's.
    DR, I've changed hotels to the republic wellness spa and hotel on corrientes and cerrito. Any blue rates place near there. Thanks for all your help.

13.3 is the current rate on Florida. Changed some yesterday.

If you people thinks it will go higher towards end of Jan. I may save some of my dollars till then as I'm flying out of Buenos Aires at the end of the month.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Droplet For This Post:

Except for one thing

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMorgan  [View Original Post]
    So let's hope for more dumb government and no spikes!
    Spikes make for excellent purchasing periods for big ticket items. There's always a lag between inflation and the blue dollar when the peso drops. In October / November when it spiked to 14 I was able to buy a new TV and Surround Sound for less than what the same makes and models would have cost me new at Amazon in the states which because of the import tariffs is unheard of here.

January will be an excellent time to buy TV's, computers, laptops, refrigerators, furniture, ect.

Otherwise I agree, a long steady decline that keeps me above inflation is fine.

Another comment about this currency stuff.

IMO what is really interesting about the Peso is that the price of the Peso is now below the panic selloff of last January regardless of where the Blue Dollar is. In the end it is the price of the Peso itself against the dollar that underpins the Blue Dollar. The picture then looks like a Picasso for those who are steady monthly converters of USA Dollars. Better a steady decline that goes on forever than some economic event that forces a potentially unknown change in what is now a sweet course.

Spikes in markets just signal problems or ruin. Look at the spike in gold from $1700 to $1900. The holders of gold were doing just fine before the spike. And if someone wants an econ laboratory then look at the crude oil movements of late. In any free market you would certainly be looking at a spike of a momentous degree. Then selling oil would be just dumb. Spikes signal ends of moves, not the beginning of new moves. So let's hope for more dumb government and no spikes!

Posting Limitations