Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 29 of 137 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 129 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Good not best

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydude  [View Original Post]
    Ok, getting ready for my first BA trip. I will be staying at king hotel I think it's on corrientes. Any advice how I can find a place to exchange some cash at best rate?
    Come out hotel, turn left, go to corner, cross Corrientes, turn left, go to middle of the block, there is a Gallaria that cuts all the way through to Lavalle that has a sex shop as one of the first places. Enter, walk almost to Lavalle (down steps, past LED TV wall mount store, past old stereo store) you will see a leather shop on the left, right there. Don't bring 20's.

Blue rate

Ok, getting ready for my first BA trip. I will be staying at king hotel I think it's on corrientes. Any advice how I can find a place to exchange some cash at best rate?

Blue dollars

I just got 13.2....I got 15.5 back in September and loaded up, but went through them pretty quickly this trip - and I have yet to pull a chica! I think I'll have to head out to Mia's tonight and rectify that situation.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tireseus For This Post:

I will add my thanks. That was very ingenious about using the relative stock prices in the two markets as a proxy for the exchange rate. It's a similar concept to "purchasing power parity" but a lot simpler to implement.

A " must read " for mongers

Thanks Dogg for this positively fantastic article on the mysteries of the Blue Dollar !

Mt thoughts are the rate will increase as we get closer to the holiday season and.

The Argie vacation time . Fifteen P to a buck is in the offing.

Can you hold out ?????

Jackpot.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Doggboy - you're back in BsAs?! I must have missed the memo!

Commiserations. ;-)
    Can't stay away !

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    $12.80 today at the Cervino and Scalabrini Ortiz cueva. Early afternoon and was offered $12.50 a 1/2 hour earlier on Arenales. A lot of volatility lately.
    Doggboy - you're back in BsAs?! I must have missed the memo!

Commiserations. ;-)

$12.80 today at the Cervino and Scalabrini Ortiz cueva. Early afternoon and was offered $12.50 a 1/2 hour earlier on Arenales. A lot of volatility lately.

Changed a few hundred Saturday on Lavalle, got 12.5 (negotiated up from 12.3).

Changed a small amount Sunday on Lavalle, got 12.8 (negotiated up from 12.6).

Changed a larger amount today Monday at another place, got 12.9. Did not negotiate here, didnt seem like it was possible. This rate was for $100 bills, they only offered 12.4 for $20 bills. Later this afternoon I got quotes of 12.8 and 13 on Lavalle.

Didn't break 13 yet, but still pleased since I was getting 9.5 a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Out of about 60 bills you Only received 1 Fake .

That's very good .

The guy that exchanged the money for you may not remember you and even if he does he may not do anything about it .

He might but he will probably tell you that you should have checked All of your bills before you left .

Checking 60 $100 Peso bills in front of 1000's of people is not much fun either .

If you realize that it's Only about $6.50 then it's No big deal .

It happens every once in a while .

Keep the bill so you can recognize Fakes in the future .

Cheap Lesson .

TL.
    I would approach the money changer with the fake bill. Be congenial and non-confrontational. His reaction will be the more valuable learning experience. If he responds acceptably, then you learn he is worth doing further business. Otherwise, use another money changer in the future, and this lesson cost you very little. Given the numerous money changers, and thus competition, you should seek out a reliable counterparty.

Quote Originally Posted by Spassmusssein  [View Original Post]
    I could be at a small but honest bar in microcentro tuesday at 17.00hs. As since years TL knows me as good friend, he knows where I usually stay at that time. On Cordoba Ave but NOT Cafe O.

Dont worry, as I live here since 2002...here are never problems, just solucions.

Have a good incoming!
    Great,

I will check in with you when I am settled and pm or post in to get exact locations. Thanks you again we will be in touch.

No prob-

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJ  [View Original Post]
    Greetings,

What a most generous offer. I will take you up on it if that is ok? I will gladly buy lunch, or a bottle of something for you or any thing you request. It takes load off my mind. I will be arriving on Tuesday afternoon in Puerto Madero and it doesn't have be he exact arrival moment. Please let me know how I can contact you. I am older and responsible so you can be assured of me taking care of my end.Thank you again so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Master J.
    I could be at a small but honest bar in microcentro tuesday at 17.00hs. As since years TL knows me as good friend, he knows where I usually stay at that time. On Cordoba Ave but NOT Cafe O.

Donīt worry, as I live here since 2002...here are never problems, just solucions.

Have a good incoming!

Greetings,

What a most generous offer. I will take you up on it if that is ok? I will gladly buy lunch, or a bottle of something for you or any thing you request. It takes load off my mind. I will be arriving on Tuesday afternoon in Puerto Madero and it doesn't have be he exact arrival moment. Please let me know how I can contact you. I am older and responsible so you can be assured of me taking care of my end.Thank you again so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Master J.

Celphone

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJ  [View Original Post]
    Greetings,

Also I have read many cell phone tips, but can I buy a reasonable price cell phone just for my two week stay and where? I use an international calling card for .10 cent per minute but some of the contacts won't take a non listed number call.

I know this has all been said before but some tip with the latest information would be helpful.
    Hi Master, if it helps, I can lent u one of my Blackberrys 9320, liberated 4 all companies here for your stay.

After your stay, just deposit it at the kiosko of a friend in Florida-Street or in friendīs restos in San Thelmo.

Will cost you a cheap wine, if you like wine.

If u are AA or aqualung, you con have it 4 free.

Enjoy your time here.

Posting Limitations