Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 31 of 137 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 131 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Exchanging dollars

Like all of you I bring cash and exchange it on Florida street. Over the last several years I can't remember how many times I have done this with no problem. At a flower stand on Florida st with a very large man, OK big fat guy, about ten days ago I exchanged four hundred dollars and one of the one hundred peso bills was a fake. I have been back several times to confront him but he hasn't been three. I will keep you posted.

14.10 today

I got 14.10 on Florida/corner with Corrientes in the Galleria in the very back today about 14:00.

This is my Argentine Grandfather (no relation, just a good friend over the years).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood124 For This Post:

I got 14.50 yesterday.

14.30 to one on Monday

I got 14.30 on Monday. Florida, corner with Corrientes in the Galleria in the very back. After many years of going to the same place I did not know it was illegal to use the Exchange Houses to get the "Blue Rate?" I'm going back on Friday and will report on what I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Member#3320  [View Original Post]
    Where did you get 15 to one yesterday?
    My friend! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora  [View Original Post]
    I got 15 to 1 today! .
    Where did you get 15 to one yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    I don't post much info about the chicks I'm currently fucking because so many guys are intent on paying them more money than I do which causes me problems
    Coudn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Woulda been to tell them to fuck off. Or maybe, go fuck yourself. Maybe just a terse Fuck You. But it would have been something along those lines.

You were far nice than I would have been. Tell me the address of the place and I'll post it. I don't post much info about the chicks I'm currently fucking because so many guys are intent on paying them more money than I do which causes me problems because I'm a cheap bastard, but I'll post the address of a cambio.
    I got 15 to 1 today! .

My response

Quote Originally Posted by Vitrea  [View Original Post]
    I agree with you. As I said to my PM correspondent, "Trying to keep the address a secret on an english language sex forum is illogical. The point of this forum is to help fellow punters be efficient with their time. Rest is paranoia with a good dose of over analysis.".

Anyway since the point is to help each other and not argue, I took it down but I will be happy to PM the location if any of you are interested.
    Woulda been to tell them to fuck off. Or maybe, go fuck yourself. Maybe just a terse Fuck You. But it would have been something along those lines.

You were far nice than I would have been. Tell me the address of the place and I'll post it. I don't post much info about the chicks I'm currently fucking because so many guys are intent on paying them more money than I do which causes me problems because I'm a cheap bastard, but I'll post the address of a cambio.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JimMac  [View Original Post]
    You are correct about the cops. A cop also opens the door for you sometimes at the cueva at Cervino and Scalabrini Ortiz. I wonder if your PM correspondent has ever been in BA?
    I agree with you. As I said to my PM correspondent, "Trying to keep the address a secret on an english language sex forum is illogical. The point of this forum is to help fellow punters be efficient with their time. Rest is paranoia with a good dose of over analysis.".

Anyway since the point is to help each other and not argue, I took it down but I will be happy to PM the location if any of you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitrea  [View Original Post]
    May be this was reported before but today (Tuesday, Oct 21st) I found an Blue-exchange place in Ricoletta that is offering the best rates. It is on XXXXXX.XXXXXXXXXX.xxxxxxxxx. When I went there this morning there is no line but I saw a line this afternoon. They gave me 20 cents less than the rates published on LaNacion. That is 40 cents more than on Calle Florida...

P.S. I edited the post to remove the address of the exchange. I got a PM from one of the members saying it is "dumb shit to post address for an illegal activity". I am removing it out of respect but personally I think it is foolish to think that the cops do not know the locations of ALL the exchanges. There was actually a cop standing right outside and next to him was the line. Cop was minding his own business and no one cared that he was there.
    You are correct about the cops. A cop also opens the door for you sometimes at the cueva at Cervino and Scalabrini Ortiz. I wonder if your PM correspondent has ever been in BA?

Quote Originally Posted by Canardly  [View Original Post]
    http://www.buenosairesherald.com/art...s-pressure-on-blue.

I wondered why the blue was stuck on 14.70 - and here's the answer.

There's a crackdown on Exchange Houses, hopefully won't last long.
    Sounds like they cracked down on the big boys playing with real money. I would think nobody cares about the average Joe hedging himself with dollars.

Central Bank increases pressure on "blue"

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/art...s-pressure-on-‘blue’.

I wondered why the blue was stuck on 14.70 - and here's the answer.

There's a crackdown on Exchange Houses, hopefully won't last long.

Money exchange

May be this was reported before but today (Tuesday, Oct 21st) I found an Blue-exchange place in Ricoletta that is offering the best rates. It is on XXXXXX.XXXXXXXXXX.xxxxxxxxx. When I went there this morning there is no line but I saw a line this afternoon. They gave me 20 cents less than the rates published on LaNacion. That is 40 cents more than on Calle Florida...

P.S. I edited the post to remove the address of the exchange. I got a PM from one of the members saying it is "dumb shit to post address for an illegal activity". I am removing it out of respect but personally I think it is foolish to think that the cops do not know the locations of ALL the exchanges. There was actually a cop standing right outside and next to him was the line. Cop was minding his own business and no one cared that he was there.

Administrator

Venues: 398

List of websites reporting the daily Blue Dolar exchange rates

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    Anyone know of a way to pull up current blue rate. Google was no help. Dated info. Thanks.
    Okay, for the 10,000 time, here is the list of websites reporting the daily Blue Dolar exchange rates, copied from the Front Page of this forum:

LaNacion.com.ar

Ambito.com

Infobae.com

DolarBlue.net

DolarAlDia.com

Of course, you could simply use the links on the Forum's Front Page.

Thanks,

Jax.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Posting Limitations