Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 33 of 137 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 133 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Cuevas are still working?

Hello, I would like to know if there are still cuevas working to exchange currency unofficially or only arbolitos in Florida. A coleague is arriving next Wednesday and asking me to exchange in a cueva. When I travel there I always use a friend of mine working in a realstate office but I don't want to point this person there. If cuevas are still working, could anyone give me some address? (I suppose it's allowed through private message, I don't know).

Thank you.

GiK.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Greetings Everyone,

Today at approximately 4 pm a friend of mine exchanged $1,000 USD for pesos.

Just before he left to exchange his cash, the popular local exchange rate websites were reporting the following Blue Dollar exchange rates:

PLEASE NOTE: These are the published rates to SELL your dollars in exchange for pesos.

La Nacion "Dolar Blue Compra" = 15.00

Ambito.com "Informal Compra" = 14.90

Infobae.com "Dolar Libre" = 15.03

DolarBlue.net "Deep Blue Compra" = 14.60

DolarAlDia.com "Dolar BLUE o Dolar Paralelo" = 15.05

----------------------------------------------------------

A) Average Published Rate = 14.916

B) Rate Actually Received = 14.90

C) Discount from Average Rate = -0.11% (x .9989)

You're welcome.

Jackson

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EasyGo  [View Original Post]
    I read that as saying if you bring in more than 10 K, they are going to force you to change it to pesos on arrival at the official rate. Does that automatically give you permission to turn around and buy dollars back at the official rate?
    -Any amount of USD can legally be imported into Argentina as long as it is declared AND you are carrying with you abundant proof of the source and legality of the funds, with the higher the amount of cash being carried calling for more paperwork substantiating the origin of the cash. You will not be forced to exchange the USD into local currency.

-A maximum of $10,000 USD or equivalent in other foreign currencies (this includes gold and silver bullion, which is quantified at its metal value, NOT the face value of the gold / silver coins) may be exported from Argentina. Any amounts OVER $10,000 USD in value must be exported in the form of Argentine pesos, declared, and paperwork presented substantiating the origin and legality of the funds.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ElAlamoPalermo For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpot  [View Original Post]
    I'll be coming down to BA with over 10 K USD.

I need advice on the process at both USA and ARG required documentation.

IE. What forms to fill out and where do you get and submit said forms.

Many thanks from those of us who need this info.

Jackpot.
    Would it not be cheaper to bring the allowable limit in cash and then use one of the "services" to bring in the rest? Paying the 200 USD per 10 k is cheaper than getting fleeced at the bank! (at least that's how much I paid last year, maybe its more now?)

Quote Originally Posted by EasyGo  [View Original Post]
    I read that as saying if you bring in more than 10 K, they are going to force you to change it to pesos on arrival at the official rate. Does that automatically give you permission to turn around and buy dollars back at the official rate?
    Any one who is stupid enough to sell their dollars through the bank at the airport can change pesos for dollars at the same rate when leaving at the bank in the airport.

You want FinCEN Form 105. Here is a link to the form itself:

www.fincen.gov/fin105_cmir.pdf

You file this on departure from the US. See:

https://www.ffiec.gov/bsa_aml_infoba...al/OLM_035.htm

These are the relevant laws:

31 USA C. 5316; 31 CFR 1010.340 and 1010.306.

The customs form to enter Argentina will ask you if you are carrying more than $10 k. Upon entering Argentina, you will need to fill out Form OM. 2249-A. Here is a link with more information:

http://www.afip.gov.ar/english/touristInformation.asp#g.

"Entry and exit of currency:

Entry of cash or monetary instruments to the Argentine territory (RG 2704).

The travelers, older than 16 years old and emancipated, that bring cash and / or monetary instrument in foreign or national currency for an amount equal or above ten thousand American Dollars ($10,000) to the Argentine territory shall declare said action before the Customs service when entering into the country through the Form OM. 2249-A.

However, the amount shall be of five thousand American Dollars ($5,000) in the case of travelers under the age of 16 years old and not emancipated.

These limits shall be applicable to each traveler or crew. The currency exchange shall be made using the exchange rate of the day prior to the arrival informed by the Bank of the Argentine Nation."

Then AFIP will make a phone call and arrange to have your ass robbed before you get five clicks down the road. Ha ha. Hope that helps!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Money declaration process

I'll be coming down to BA with over 10 K USD.

I need advice on the process at both USA and ARG required documentation.

IE. What forms to fill out and where do you get and submit said forms.

Many thanks from those of us who need this info.

Jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    I heard if Scotland goes the Queens going with it because she likes Craichidh better than London. Any truth to that?
    Ha, ha! I wouldn't blame her.

There's a huge movement here in the north of England to encourage the Scots to vote 'yes' and to take the north of England with them, just to get away from this totally inept Conservative government!

;-)

Times are tough

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    What you doing with Euros Daddy? Been selling your ass again?

;-)
    A guys got to do what a guys got to do to get by.

Favor for a friend, one time deal for monopoly money. He also had some of those pound thingy's, but they aren't real money.

I heard if Scotland goes the Queens going with it because she likes Craichidh better than London. Any truth to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    4,000 pesos buys 200 Euros if anybody is going back and is peso heavy.
    What you doing with Euros Daddy? Been selling your ass again?

;-)

I have Euros

4,000 pesos buys 200 Euros if anybody is going back and is peso heavy. I know that's probably 50 pesos too much but just wait a day or to and it will be 4100 pesos. Strike now.

Of course you could always find some use for the pesos back there. Bin liner, bird cage, ect.

Oh well what are friends for.

At least he will change it back for the same rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276  [View Original Post]
    You gave your friend a nice discount. It's 14.35 when selling pesos. That's 350 pesos on 1000 dollars.

You gave your friend a nice discount. It's 14.35 when selling pesos. That's 350 pesos on 1000 dollars.

Exchange

I did exchange with a friend who live here yesterday 14.00 per 1 $.

Posting Limitations