Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 37 of 137 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Free Money!

There is a Private Exchange Operation here in Mendoza that will accept a check from an American bank and cash it in Dollars or Pesos.

You hand them a personal check and they hand you the cash.

It can be a combination of dollars and pesos.

Better than a Xoom rate and less than a Blue Rate.

No minimum or max I think.

They are here to serve the American community.

Going to see if they have a partner in BA.

Ultra tired of Xoom's Bullshit!

Monthly Bullshit!

Proof of income, personal bank statements!

2 to 3 days to receive my own fucking money!

Fuck You Christina!

TL.

Reasonable Surcharge!

$50.00 dollars.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Big move today.

Dolarblue.net quoting 13.3 pesos to the $1. Xoom.com finally surpasses June 6th price at 10.775 P compared to 10.31 P to the dollar. It ran under 10 for two months.

I will be in BA on the 28th. PM me if you need to exchange to USD.

Thanks.

Ha, ha! I'll be needing to buy USD shortly and I can guarantee I'll be offering at least 20c more than this Godfather chancer!

Exchange

I need to buy 2000 USD. I pay 12,70/1 USD in Galerias Pacifico. PM if interested.

Xoom.com

Xoom is back over 10 today. Specifically 10.0035 P to $1. It has been awhile.

Rates Today

Anyone have any idea if the usual places are exchanging dollars today and if so what the rate is since the default?

Found this posted as of today:

http://dolarblue.net/

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasGermany  [View Original Post]
    I am coming to BA soon and need to bring lots of cash to pay for a tour I have booked, and for food and entertainment.

I come from Euro-land, and could bring cash US dollars, but buying US cash in my bank would cost me a 5-7% loss. Thus: Are Euro notes as readily accepted at the blue rate cambios as are US dollar notes? If not are the disadvantage of Euros 5%?

Best wishes to you all.

ThomasGermany.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    I have found the dollar to be marginally better, but if you are taking a loss at buying the dollars you are better off sticking with your Euros.
    No question at all, hang on to your Euros if you're going to lose 5-7% changing them to dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Argh! Bloody typical. I've got an over-abundance of pesos for my last 3 weeks in the country and the rate has hit 13!
    Maybe you and ThomasGermany should talk.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Argh! Bloody typical. I've got an over-abundance of pesos for my last 3 weeks in the country and the rate has hit 13!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasGermany  [View Original Post]
    I am coming to BA soon and need to bring lots of cash to pay for a tour I have booked, and for food and entertainment.

I come from Euro-land, and could bring cash US dollars, but buying US cash in my bank would cost me a 5-7% loss. Thus: Are Euro notes as readily accepted at the blue rate cambios as are US dollar notes? If not are the disadvantage of Euros 5%?

Best wishes to you all.

ThomasGermany.
    I have found the dollar to be marginally better, but if you are taking a loss at buying the dollars you are better off sticking with your Euros.

Are cash Euro useful for exchanging to peso?

Best wishes to you all.

ThomasGermany.

Exchange rate

I just received 12.4 from my guy on Florida 360. I don't know how this stands up to other locations but seems in line with the quoted rates. Of course this being Friday did not hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    Anybody understand why the spread between Xoom exchange rate and Dolar Blue has widened over the past month and a half? Currently I can get 9. 6075 P from Xoom and you guys are reporting 12.00 P plus or minus at the Arbitos. In early June I received 10.31 P from Xoom when we were exchanging for 11.5 P on the street.
    Zoom uses the "Contado con Liquidacion" rate which has nothing to do with the "Blue" rate available at cuevas.

Xoom vs Dolar Blue Exchange Rate?

Anybody understand why the spread between Xoom exchange rate and Dolar Blue has widened over the past month and a half? Currently I can get 9. 6075 P from Xoom and you guys are reporting 12.00 P plus or minus at the Arbitos. In early June I received 10.31 P from Xoom when we were exchanging for 11.5 P on the street.

Got 12.10 yesterday, changing USD2000 in Microcentro, downstairs in the first block of Florida in the cell-phone accessories shop.

Had been offered 12.15 in my usual place but didn't have time to go there.

Posting Limitations