Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 38 of 137 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    I received 12 pesos to one today in Moreno.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Greetings Everyone,

Today at approximately 4 pm a friend of mine exchanged $1,000 USD for pesos.

Just before he left to exchange his cash, the popular local exchange rate websites were reporting the following Blue Dollar exchange rates:

La Nacion "Dolar Blue Venta" = 11.85

Ambito.com "Informal Venta" = 11.85

Infobae.com/ "Dolar Libre" = 12.05

DolarBlue.net "Deep Blue Venta" = 11.60

DolarAlDia.com "Dolar Blue Informado" = 12.05

----------------------------------------------------------

Average Published Rate = 11.88

Rate Actually Received = 11.80

Discount from Average Rate = -0.67% (x .9932)

You're welcome.

Jackson

=========================================

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

I go away for a couple weeks and nobody keeps this thread updated? Tsk!

Disappointed that I could only get 12.00 yesterday, having seen the rates according to ambito.com at 12.50 last week.

Looks like it's still dropping too. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Omegaman  [View Original Post]
    I just got 12, went to my favorite, asked the rate today he said 12. No hassle, no haggling.
    Anyway, check it out, as the "arbolitos" in the street were offering that rate, and you know you can get 12.15 to 12.20, but it is your money!

Enjoy!

F!

I just got 12, went to my favorite, asked the rate today he said 12. No hassle, no haggling.

A modest proposal

I recommend to check dolarblue.net and try to get the Dolar Blue "Compra" price for your USD. At this moment, it shows a 12.05 pesos per dollar rate, but the price below (11.90 at this moment) is the lowest price you should get from those yelling "cambio, cambio" all along Florida Street, for instance.

In that scenario, you should consider that you can ask for a round 12 for your 50 and 100 bills, that are the best payed for, and 11.90 for your twenties, tenners and so on.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

F!

Exchanging currency

Just got 11.8 on Florida and Lavelle.

Last week when it was 11.5, I talked go some Argies who were buying dollars. They said they were paying 11.75. I have noticed some restaurants with signs in window saying dollar is 12 to 1.

Exchanging currency

I am new to AP, but will npw be making some comments. Been here a few days best exchange I can get is 11.5 for dollar. The best place I found is on Lavelle near Florida. Go down some stairs, there is a sex shop and tatoo parlor at bottom make right and first door on right is little room where people sit and excahnge money.

Outsmarted Myself

I recently returned home from a quiet and relaxing month in BA. I planned to arrive in the USA with only a small amount of pesos, but when I unpacked my suitcase I discovered that I had hidden about $200.00 USD from myself. If you are going to BA, soon and want to get a head start on the cambio of a couple of hundred dollars at a fair exchange rate, send me a PM for the details. I will mail you the pesos (all 100's), and you can mail me the USD.

Tres3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurty  [View Original Post]
    What's the latest rate on Florida?
    Not been down there for a while, but using the quoted rates on ambito.com as a guide and applying the standard formula as worked out by Jackson on numerous occasions, probably 11.30 - 11.40.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    Argentina reached a deal with the Paris Club for the repayment of 9.5 bln of debt in installments. Argentina defaulted on over 100 bln of debt. The agreement covers less than 10 pct of the defaulted debt. It has no effect on the USA court case. The ho-hum reaction of the treasury market today was a change of less than 7 basis points.

Tres3.
    You will also notice that each time they "restructure" a debt the first payment is at least a year or more in the future. In some cases after Cristina will be gone. They seem to think that if they "restructure" the debt so that it is not over due, that they are then "debt free" and will be able to borrow more money! Argentine Pretzel Logic at its finest!

Paris Club Debt

Argentina reached a deal with the Paris Club for the repayment of 9.5 bln of debt in installments. Argentina defaulted on over 100 bln of debt. The agreement covers less than 10 pct of the defaulted debt. It has no effect on the USA court case. The ho-hum reaction of the treasury market today was a change of less than 7 basis points.

Tres3.

Exchanged $500 at 11.55P

Today I walked down Florida and walked into one of the cambio places where you walk down the stairs, I just remembered it from the past (near Mitre). It is actually a place for phone calls, but there is a little window in the back someome sitting and exchanging money. Also just opposite of it is another cambio place with 2 windows.

Anyway, I go 11.55 P for $500. I didn't bother negotiating, literally spent 5 miniutes or so on Florida, did my exchange and back to Palermo where I live.

Saludos!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fun Pete For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    Can you give us a link or more details? The local news is silent in this regard. The exchange rate has been going up the last 10 days.

Tres3.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0E90JI20140529

Posting Limitations