Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 39 of 137 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Argentina Pays Debt

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBob  [View Original Post]
    What's the effect down there? If any?
    Can you give us a link or more details? The local news is silent in this regard. The exchange rate has been going up the last 10 days.

Tres3.

News today in USA: Argentina reaches deal to pay debt?

What's the effect down there? If any?

Quote Originally Posted by FunPete  [View Original Post]
    I talked to several street guys / girls until I felt comfy with one of them. There is one every 2 meters or so yelling "cambio, cambio......".

Good luck!
    From my point of view, I would NOT approach those arbolitos on Florida or Lavalle. That's because I do NOT want to make a big announcement to the crowd that I've got dollars in my pocket. If I wanted to change my dollars, I would walk straight into one of the cuevas.

Exchanging on Florida

Someone asked me this question:

Did you approach one of the street guys or was this an exchange house. Sorry. First time in buenos aires. Thanks.

I talked to several street guys / girls until I felt comfy with one of them. There is one every 2 meters or so yelling "cambio, cambio......".

Good luck!

Today Monday 5/26 around noon, I exchanged $500 at 11.20 on Florida near Sarmiento. We went into an old building and walked into an office with a bank-like teller where the actual exchange took place.

11.65 this afternoon in Microcentro.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Not really - 11.55 available in Microcentro today.

Just saying...
    I was responding to the posted 11.2. I did not exchange. I am happy to be wrong. Offered the information for convenience purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    They were offering 11.15 today which seems to be a competitive rate.
    Not really - 11.55 available in Microcentro today.

Just saying...

exchange

Dear All.

I need to buy 1000 USD, offering a rate of 11,40 around Recoleta (bars, public places, bank zone).

PM if interested.

Callao and Santa Fe

For an under the radar place, there is currency exchange in one of the shops in the back of the galleria. It is the galleria with the Extasy Sex shop. Ask the woman in the handbag store. She speaks English. They were offering 11.15 today which seems to be a competitive rate. Because of its prime location it just might save someone time one day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Boss Man For This Post:

11.20 for 500 Florida near Sarmiento

Today Monday 5/26 around noon, I exchanged $500 at 11.20 on Florida near Sarmiento. We went into an old building and walked into an office with a bank-like teller where the actual exchange took place.

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    I could have predicted the huge hike two days ago!

It was bound to happen, because as soon as it got over 11 I decided to change a huge wad. Sod's Law then kicks in, every time!
    It happens every year around this time, we have discussed this before. Winter Vacations coming up!

I could have predicted the huge hike two days ago!

It was bound to happen, because as soon as it got over 11 I decided to change a huge wad. Sod's Law then kicks in, every time!

Yep---- currency move

Had a 11:50 from a driver today, right off the bat, no relation no history, first quote.. So the 'real' level is assumed much higher. Go for twelve!

From BA Herald:
    http://www.buenosairesherald.com/art...-to-1170-pesos

11.35 at:
    http://dolarblue.net/

I don't know what happened, but the Peso has lost a lot against the US $ the past few days.

'Blue' dollar soars to 11.70 pesos

From BA Herald:
    http://www.buenosairesherald.com/art...-to-1170-pesos

11.35 at:
    http://dolarblue.net/

I don't know what happened, but the Peso has lost a lot against the US $ the past few days.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fun Pete For This Post:

Chinese Place on Lavalle

I received 11.20 from a place Daddy Rulz showed me last November. I did not shop around but went directly there. Trying to negotiate in English on busy street strikes me as being slightly foolish but it just may be my own paranoia talking and nothing real or worth worrying about. Definitely worth the trip to Microcenter to make an exchange though as I only received 10.55 in Recoleta last Friday.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Boss Man For This Post:

Posting Limitations