Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 42 of 137 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Puerto Iguazú

I spent the weekend in Puerto Iguazú where I also only got 10.0 for my USD.

Unfortunately there's no plus side to being in Iguazú....it's the most expensive town in Argentina (maybe The World!).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

Cordoba

Here is some information for Cordoba, the city:

There is a blue market here, but nowhere as prevalent as in Buenos Aires. I wandered the streets for two days looking for arbolitos and didn't find any. Some taxis/stores didn't even want to accept dollars as payment at the official exchange rate. I ended up trading with some college students that a guy at my hotel knew who were looking to put away some funds. I got 10 pesos per 1 dollar. Might have been able to have gotten 10.25-10.50, but would have had to met someone off the internet at a McDonalds or the like. Nothing like a Calle Florida here. Start your trip in BA not Cordoba. On the plus side, everything is much cheaper in Cordoba vs BA.

Vampire over and out.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vampire For This Post:

Got 10.80 yesterday in Microcentro.

(And paid $280 for a taxi from Ezeiza. Which really pissed me off..I was supposed to be landing at Aeroparque!

Waaaa Hooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    Ummm, no. (300-70) / 70 = 329% in 7 years.
    Rainman returns, 2.205.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    Welcome back! You were missed here on the forum.

Cordoba and Florida

10.55 pesos to the dollar today from "Mariana". She took me into a store down a staircase where she was standing. No fake bills. Mariana stands on Florida yelling "cambio" about 100 feet from Cordoba on the north side. When I entered the store I was the only one. When I left a few minutes later there were 10 people in line behind me with dollars in their hands. Mariana is cool, no pressure, unlike some of her associates in the same area.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HappyGoLucky For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Member#3320  [View Original Post]
    Thats a exaggeration. .

I paid 70 pesos in 2007. Now I pay 300 pesos. Thats a inflation of 450 % in 7 years.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    LOL! In six months $2000 p might pay only the Taxi into town!! .
    Thats a exaggeration. .

I paid 70 pesos in 2007. Now I pay 300 pesos. Thats a inflation of 450 % in 7 years.

So if you have 2000 pesos when returning to your home country, and lets say end up paying 600 pesos one year later in BA, for taxi to town, you can still buy some sort of pussy in 1400 pesos.

Quote Originally Posted by Member#3320  [View Original Post]
    Its prudent to carry about 2000 pesos with you when leaving Argentina even for 6 months or 9 months so that you have cash for taxi and the first fuck as soon as you return.
    LOL! In six months $2000 p might pay only the Taxi into town!! .

Its prudent to carry about 2000 pesos with you when leaving Argentina even for 6 months or 9 months so that you have cash for taxi and the first fuck as soon as you return.

Reply to NoahZark

Quote Originally Posted by NoahZark  [View Original Post]
    Anyone know what the current Forex or Banco Nacion BA airport rates are (approximately)? Thank you.
    A bit over a year ago I changed US dollars at Banco Nacióand and got, of course, the official rate. And it took a really long time. The line was not so long but it moved like molasses. And I have no idea now why I bothered. I don't know about the other taxi services but I was using Taxi Ezeiza and they will take US dollars. Although not at the Blue rate.

AllIWantIsLove.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllIWantIsLove For This Post:

Airport rate is always the official price, today around 8. Does not change drastically.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomaso276 For This Post:

Exchange rate for US$ at the BA airport?

Anyone know what the current Forex or Banco Nacion BA airport rates are (approximately)? Thank you.

Ime

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire  [View Original Post]
    Do the arbolitos have a preference between $50 and $100 bills or are they treated pretty much the same?
    Exactly the same.

Do the arbolitos have a preference between $50 and $100 bills or are they treated pretty much the same?

Posting Limitations