Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 46 of 137 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Spend your excess Pesos at the duty free on the way out of EZE. They exchange at the official rate.instant+/-40% discount on stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    You bend over and you wipe your ass with Evita!

Spend those worthless pesos before they lose a single centavo!

Or bring them back the next time you decide to come to BA.

Wallpaper your bathroom!

Have Fun,

TL.

Spend and Bend

Quote Originally Posted by JeffBixby  [View Original Post]
    Thanks Gandolf, but I am totally confused on this. How does a tourist then convert back to US, or EU for that matter before they leave the country?
    You bend over and you wipe your ass with Evita!

Spend those worthless pesos before they lose a single centavo!

Or bring them back the next time you decide to come to BA.

Wallpaper your bathroom!

Have Fun,

TL.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

You can't

"The politicians are doing this as they can buy dollars at the legal rate and then sell them off at the blue rate.".

I have done the first part of this selling dollars at the blue rate, can I not finish the process by buying dollars before I go home at the legal rate? I have a Citi bank account in the states. Is there a limit on dollars? Do they require a receipt?

Totally impossible?
    The only way that I'm aware of that extranjeros can buy dollars at the official rate is by presenting the receipt for the amount of pesos you purchased at the official rate. You can then buy dollars back up to the amount that you purchased. I change small amounts of dollars to pesos often, if I need to change I'm willing to buy pesos at the blue rate if you have excess. You will not be able to change them for dollars in the US when you get back.

can I not finish the process by buying dollars before I go home at the legal rate?

Totally impossible?
    Correct. Totally impossible.

Nobody can buy dollars at the 'legal' rate. The recent changes have just made it possible for a few people to buy a few dollars at the 'legal' rate + 20%, but with such ludicrous restrictions that your average person doesn't get a look-in.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Thanks Gandolf, but I am totally confused on this. How does a tourist then convert back to US, or EU for that matter before they leave the country?
    They don't.

Scalabrini Ortiz & Cerviņo NOT OPEN ON SATURDAY

I had reported previously that they were based on their business card. But I was there yesterday when, according to the business card, they should have been open and they were not. Also the hours posted in the window say that they are only open Monday thru Friday.

Exchange

"The politicians are doing this as they can buy dollars at the legal rate and then sell them off at the blue rate.".

I have done the first part of this selling dollars at the blue rate, can I not finish the process by buying dollars before I go home at the legal rate? I have a Citi bank account in the states. Is there a limit on dollars? Do they require a receipt?

Totally impossible?

Confused

So, if a US citizens has 10 see notes in his pocket. Sells them to a friend for 12 k of legal Argentine Peso's. According to the lady at one of the Cambio's on Florida today, he cannot sell them to her without a receipt from her store. But she said they can be sold to a bank, no questions asked for 8 peso's to a dollar, no receipt needed.. I rounded the numbers off. So, Hypotethically the gringo now has 1,500 USD. I know this can't work, but will some one please tell me why?
    The first stumbling block is you need to have a account in the bank to do this transaction. That and your process is backwards, you would need to buy FROM a bank at 8 and then sell at 12 to make a profit. If, and that's a BIG IF you can buy from a bank, and if you want cash, you can not buy at 8. Its more like 9.60 (I'm not sure of the exact numbers right now but anyone can step in here and put more accurate numbers if they wish). You can buy at 8 if its for SAVINGS and that money would have to stay in the bank. You will never see it or touch it... The politicians are doing this as they can buy dollars at the legal rate and then sell them off at the blue rate. They are the ones screwing things up. NOT the average Argentine.

Hypothetically

So, if a US citizens has 10 see notes in his pocket. Sells them to a friend for 12 k of legal Argentine Peso's. According to the lady at one of the Cambio's on Florida today, he cannot sell them to her without a receipt from her store. But she said they can be sold to a bank, no questions asked for 8 peso's to a dollar, no receipt needed.. I rounded the numbers off. So, Hypotethically the gringo now has 1,500 USD. I know this can't work, but will some one please tell me why?

Arenales 1245 $12.15 pesos/dollar at around 2pm today (Feb. 4, 2014) Also ...

Also a guy at the door gave me an ad for their new delivery service. Their phone numbers are 4813-7981 & 7978. It doesn't say whether there is an explicit or implicit charge for the delivery. It also doesn't explain how it works for those of us who are Spanish challenged.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllIWantIsLove For This Post:

Dolar blue facebook page

For any of you facebook guys, this is the social media from the web site so often quoted here. https://www.facebook.com/dolarblue.

Exchange for blue dollar rates

Hi guys.

First time here, staying in Recolata.

Does anyone know where I can exchange around here??

Bit worried about fake notes.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I arrive Wednesday AM and stay near Av de Mayo. I would be thankful if any of you know reasonable place within walking distance or a short ride to exchange some Dollars in the morning.

Thank you.

Best Exchange Rate.

Anybody needing pesos should drop me a line. I got Pesos coming out my ass and will beat any blue market price on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Got 12.30 this afternoon (changing USD800) at the mobile phone shop in the galeria on the 100 block of Florida.

They said they were paying 12.60 yesterday. The general opinion seems to be that there's going to be further drops next week.

Posting Limitations