Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 47 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

12.30 this afternoon

Got 12.30 this afternoon (changing USD800) at the mobile phone shop in the galeria on the 100 block of Florida.

They said they were paying 12.60 yesterday. The general opinion seems to be that there's going to be further drops next week.

Thanks for the help

Thanks for all the help and info on currency exchange. I am leaving tomorrow and should arrive in about a month. I have a first class seat on a turnip truck. Its really nice to communicate with the smartest guys in the room.

Thanks again HR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    LOL! I offer 10!
    Okay, 10.10 same as new minimum wage!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomaso276 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276  [View Original Post]
    Bro, I can give you 9 pesos for a buck.
    LOL! I offer 10!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    I just read that Argentina devalued their currency from 6 to 8 pesos to the dollar. Any one have any knowledge of the blue rate. I am on my way to BA arriving next Wednesday.

HR.
    Bro, I can give you 9 pesos for a buck.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thomaso276 For This Post:

Devaluation of peso

I just read that Argentina devalued their currency from 6 to 8 pesos to the dollar. Any one have any knowledge of the blue rate. I am on my way to BA arriving next Wednesday.

HR.

Scalabrini Ortiz & Cerviño Today (Jan 29th) at approx. 3:50pm - 12.00 pesos per US dollar

It's on the same corner as the Freddo.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AllIWantIsLove For This Post:

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Greetings Everyone,

Today at approximately 4 pm a friend of mine exchanged $1,000 USD for pesos.

Just before he left to exchange his cash, the popular local exchange rate websites were reporting the following Blue Dollar exchange rates:

La Nacion "Dolar Blue Venta" = 12.20

Ambito.com "Informal Venta" = 12.50

DolarPeso.com "Dolar Blue Venta" = 12.40

DolarBlue.net "Deep Blue Venta" = 12.55

DolarAlDia.com "Dólar Blue Informado" = 12.50

----------------------------------------------------------

Average Published Rate = 12.43

Rate Actually Received = 12.00

Discount from Average Rate = -3.46% (x .9654)

You're welcome.

Jackson

=========================================

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    She's a disaster for Argentina, but she's fucking awesome for expats that live here and don't earn in Pesos. At least for expats that live downtown, want to screw a bunch of indy's and don't earn in Pesos.

The only thing she's doing that causes me issues are the import restrictions.

Christina for Life!
    I find that the blue rate does NOT keep up with inflation and that even though I have the money to do so, I can't buy what I want. There are beautiful women everywhere who need a few extra pesos or what ever, that is not unique to Argentina.

Not at all

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    Surely, you jest.

Don.
    She's a disaster for Argentina, but she's fucking awesome for expats that live here and don't earn in Pesos. At least for expats that live downtown, want to screw a bunch of indy's and don't earn in Pesos.

The only thing she's doing that causes me issues are the import restrictions.

Christina for Life!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    No question the blue rate is currently higher than whatever the actual market rate would be if there were no shenanigans. I can't vote, but if I could, I would love to see her be dictator for life. The longer she's in power, the better it will be for us.
    Surely, you jest.

Don.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Not quite, because the blue rate is artificially higher than it would be because of the nonsensical interventions of this government. ie. trying to dictate the 'official' rate, artificially low.

What would be a bummer is that there would no longer be two different rates, because that's what gives me (and a lot of others here) a financial edge, because I live here, buying everything in ARS, but I get paid in USD. The higher the official rate, the more things are going to cost and if we no longer have the higher blue rate we're going to feel those increases along with everyone else.
    No question the blue rate is currently higher than whatever the actual market rate would be if there were no shenanigans. I can't vote, but if I could, I would love to see her be dictator for life. The longer she's in power, the better it will be for us.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTea  [View Original Post]
    Surely, if the peso were to float freely, the rate it would 'find' would be very near the 'blue' rate, because the 'blue' market is (as near as one can get to) a free market.
    Not quite, because the blue rate is artificially higher than it would be because of the nonsensical interventions of this government. ie. trying to dictate the 'official' rate, artificially low.

What would be a bummer is that there would no longer be two different rates, because that's what gives me (and a lot of others here) a financial edge, because I live here, buying everything in ARS, but I get paid in USD. The higher the official rate, the more things are going to cost and if we no longer have the higher blue rate we're going to feel those increases along with everyone else.

What would be really scary for us is if they decide to let the peso float to find its real level, then we'd lose our beloved blue dollar altogether
    Surely, if the peso were to float freely, the rate it would 'find' would be very near the 'blue' rate, because the 'blue' market is (as near as one can get to) a free market.

And yes, I'm aware that it's not actually going to be 'easy' for your average Argentinian to get their hands on the USD, but the fact that it's now legal to do so surely means that some of them will? It doesn't necessarily mean the blue rate will plunge in value, but it should mean the delta between the blue and official rate gets smaller. In fact it's already dropped from 60% to 50%.

What would be really scary for us is if they decide to let the peso float to find its real level, then we'd lose our beloved blue dollar altogether. :-/
    In theory, the average fool can buy dollars... Just fill out these AFIP forms please... This is just one more joke, or trick in a long, long line of tricks. As long as the dollar is not readily accessible to everyone there will be a "black market" dollar available.

Posting Limitations