Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 51 of 137 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

10.60 Today

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    I'm sorry Spassmusssein, but you seem to be missing the point!
    There are plenty of people who DO care about the 20c, and even to those who don't, unless you know what the best rates are, you don't know if you're just 20 points off or 100 points off! If I hadn't pointed out that I'd gotten 10.60 and the only reference point was TL's buddy's 10.40, you'd have been happy to get 10.20 elsewhere....now you're down 40c on the dollar. Where do you draw the line? How much are you happy to lose?

Well, he quite patently doesn't does he!

And the only people being antagonistic right now are TL (who I forgive because I expect it from him and I know he's just trying to make a living) and BadMan. Re-read the thread - I'm just supplying information to try and help anyone with dollars to get the best exchange rate. If, in order to do that, I'm pointing out that TL's mate isn't giving the best deal, that's not attacking anyone, it's pointing out a demonstrable fact.

(And if you don't understand the humour in the 'childish attack' I made on BadMan, ask an adult to explain it!)
    10.6 Today.

With or without my name.

TL.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

The way I see it is 20 cents or more difference adds up to quite of bit of money over the period of a year. But as pointed out in other threads some people just don't care if they are losing or throwing money away. To each his own!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spassmusssein  [View Original Post]
    - I don't care a thumb getting 0,10/0,20 more or less.
    I'm sorry Spassmusssein, but you seem to be missing the point!
    There are plenty of people who DO care about the 20c, and even to those who don't, unless you know what the best rates are, you don't know if you're just 20 points off or 100 points off! If I hadn't pointed out that I'd gotten 10.60 and the only reference point was TL's buddy's 10.40, you'd have been happy to get 10.20 elsewhere....now you're down 40c on the dollar. Where do you draw the line? How much are you happy to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Spassmusssein  [View Original Post]
    Alejandro gives you the best price possible
    Well, he quite patently doesn't does he!

And the only people being antagonistic right now are TL (who I forgive because I expect it from him and I know he's just trying to make a living) and BadMan. Re-read the thread - I'm just supplying information to try and help anyone with dollars to get the best exchange rate. If, in order to do that, I'm pointing out that TL's mate isn't giving the best deal, that's not attacking anyone, it's pointing out a demonstrable fact.

(And if you don't understand the humour in the 'childish attack' I made on BadMan, ask an adult to explain it!)

A mi no me importa un pomito-

- I don't care a thumb getting 0,10/0,20 more or less.

I like to get into a store being save and treated like a friend as it is in the place, Ramiro recommended.

Alejandro gives you the best price possible, counts slowly twice the money you receive and there is never a faked bill.

Running around for smallchange is not my part of the game.

Aside of this, the two vendedoras in the place are pleasant and muy guapas (beauties).

Personal miss-understandings or antagonism are not helpful in this forum.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spassmusssein For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    Looks as if the price for everything has gone up as well but perhaps we are still a bit ahead of the game.
    With the official rate at 6.60 we're at a differential of about 60% which has been pretty standard for a while now. It's that differential that puts us ahead of the game!

Exchange reate

Received 10.4 at my usual cambio. Corrientes / Florida. Was surprised the rate had broken the 10 to 1 barrier.

Looks as if the price for everything has gone up as well but perhaps we are still a bit ahead of the game.

Hahaha. Wow. Serious issues.

BTW, TLDR.

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan  [View Original Post]
    trying to attack every forum member who doesn't share your narrow point of view.
    Yep, that's me, always attacking forum members. Especially those who don't share my narrow point of view that it would be nice to know where to get the best exchange rates. I'm just an evil bigot.

I expect TL is shaking in his boots at the ferocity of my attack also....
    "no matter how good the other services he provides are, don't go to TejanoLibre to change your dollars - he may have great contacts for finding chicas, but his favoured money changers are always behind the curve!"
    "after your generous attempt to send people to someone to ask for 10.40 in your name. Which is fine. You do your bit to help, I'm doing mine."
    "You should take a chill pill and carry on about your business, but if I see you giving people a bum-steer I'll be calling you out on it."
    "And so does EVERYBODY on this fucking board! Idiot!"

Oh, sorry, that last one wasn't me was it? Thought I should include it anyway because it's the only thing that even resembles an 'attack', even though it just made me smile. :-)

his numbers seem accurate enough so I don't see why you're so angry with him for posting some information.
    What part of "10.40 today" and "10.60 two hours later" make his numbers seem accurate to you? And could you point out the part where I got angry? There's only one post in this exchange where someone got angry....and it wasn't me. Maybe you've mixed us up?

If you have actual information to add about the topic, I'm sure it will be well received
    Like what? Actual information about where to get better exchange rates? Nah, no chance, nope, never. And I really doubt it would be well received....or even noticed!

your angry attacks against other forum members seem childish and out of place.
    Here's a deal for you BadMan - you find an example where I've angrily and childishly attacked another forum member, before this post, and I'll change your USD personally at 20:1, you dimwitted fcuktard. ;-)

You seem to have a real personal problem with TL. You should keep that between the two of you instead of trying to attack every forum member who doesn't share your narrow point of view. I've personally never changed money in the centro so I've never used the particular place TL recomends but his numbers seem accurate enough so I don't see why you're so angry with him for posting some information. If you have actual information to add about the topic, I'm sure it will be well received but your angry attacks against other forum members seem childish and out of place.

Ill wait for your personal recomendation.

Great, you go with that. Obviously there's nobody else on this forum that's lived here for any length of time (or that doesn't make their living out of visiting tourists!).

Anybody else who's interested in getting the best exchange rate for your dollars, use a bit more common sense!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BadMan For This Post:

TL is a good reference point. Hes lived here for a while and knows the score.
    Great, you go with that. Obviously there's nobody else on this forum that's lived here for any length of time (or that doesn't make their living out of visiting tourists!).

Anybody else who's interested in getting the best exchange rate for your dollars, use a bit more common sense!

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    787 Carlos Pellegrini.

Next door to "La Madelein" in the luggage store. (across the street from Excedra.).

Ask for Alejandro, he is the owner.

You can tell him I sent you.
    Try This Place:

Corner of Carlos Pellegrini and Cordoba right next door to La Madelein. (Pellegrini 787).

Tourist Trap Shop and Long Distance Travel Bus Company called Turismo Dalman

tell them El Tejano Loco sent you
    Carlos Pellegrini 787.

Turismo Dalman.

Drop Tejano Libre's name for best rate.

This is just a reference of what the exchange rate should be every day. Today its at 10.70 for the sell rate. Most money changers usually give you 20-30 points less. That is their earnings. So a rate of 10.40-10.50 is completely reasonable. I'm sure some places will give you more while others will give you less but the most average number is somewhere in the middle. I haven't changed dollars this month so far but my exchange house usually gives me 20 points less than the published blue rate. I'm sure if I drove to the centro I might get a couple points more but I'd lose time, gas money and parking fees so it doesn't make sense for me. Parking in recoleta and the centro is a bi*tch so I only drive there when I have no other choice. 50 pesos just to park your car for an hour. Ridiculous.

http://www.ambito.com/economia/mercados/monedas/dolar/

TL is a good reference point. Hes lived here for a while and knows the score.

That's Cool Dave

Charmed, I'm sure!

The general idea of this thread is to let people know what the going rate is and to help them find the best deal available, surely? That's all I'm doing.

I also made no effort and changed a few dollars. If previous experience is anything to go by, with more cash and a bit of effort I'd have probably got 10.70 - 10.80, just 2 hours after your generous attempt to send people to someone to ask for 10.40 in your name. Which is fine. You do your bit to help, I'm doing mine. What you getting so upset about?

And I'm not doing anything in secret. I don't know the address of the place on the 100 block of Florida, but I've posted directions to it on this very thread, probably more than once. It's actually my third choice, my second choice being the "Western Union" on Lavalle with Florida. My first choice (and the best rate in Buenos Aires without fail for most of the last 2 years), isn't a place you can just walk into, but I've made it an open invitation to introduce anyone that wants, including a private invitation to you (when you all but told me to fcuk off and mind my own business!).

You should take a chill pill and carry on about your business, but if I see you giving people a bum-steer I'll be calling you out on it.

Happy New Year!
    That's cool Dave!

I usually go to the closest money machine and then I don't find out what the real rates might be until I check this board.

No bum steer intended. Not for 20 cents.

When it's for somebody else I will make an extra effort to find the best rate.

Anyway, have a Happy New Year!

TL.

I got twenties again

Anyone heading back to USA who has left over 100 dollar bills please. Send me a pm. I need to shed bills. Twenties & tens.

They are tuff to exchange here. Thanks.

Idiot!
    Charmed, I'm sure!

The general idea of this thread is to let people know what the going rate is and to help them find the best deal available, surely? That's all I'm doing.

I also made no effort and changed a few dollars. If previous experience is anything to go by, with more cash and a bit of effort I'd have probably got 10.70 - 10.80, just 2 hours after your generous attempt to send people to someone to ask for 10.40 in your name. Which is fine. You do your bit to help, I'm doing mine. What you getting so upset about?

And I'm not doing anything in secret. I don't know the address of the place on the 100 block of Florida, but I've posted directions to it on this very thread, probably more than once. It's actually my third choice, my second choice being the "Western Union" on Lavalle with Florida. My first choice (and the best rate in Buenos Aires without fail for most of the last 2 years), isn't a place you can just walk into, but I've made it an open invitation to introduce anyone that wants, including a private invitation to you (when you all but told me to fcuk off and mind my own business!).

You should take a chill pill and carry on about your business, but if I see you giving people a bum-steer I'll be calling you out on it.

Happy New Year!

Do Not Drop My Name It May Hurt You!

So you can go back and pick up your 20c on the dollar?

As anybody who has ever read this thread before should know by now, no matter how good the other services he provides are, don't go to TejanoLibre to change your dollars - he may have great contacts for finding chicas, but his favoured money changers are always behind the curve!
    Actually, I was going to write that they can drop my name but it won't help them and it won't help me either.

It would have been just a few extra taps on the keyboard but I thought that that was no longer necessary.

That you had dried up and blown away but no such luck I guess.

If you read the post the way that it is written then you will see that I exchanged some pocket change and received 10.40 which was good enough for me but that if someone exchanged larger amounts then they would probably receive a better rate.

Why don't you post the name and address of your source so people don't have to run around all over the place and guess?

It's not a fucking secret and your money man will be thrilled!

So Please Guys, DO NOT MENTION MY NAME if you happen to go to 787 Pellegrini to exchange a few dollars.

Personally I think that someone will get a lower rate if they don't mention this site or TL.

I want the money man to know how the clients arrived so he can't low-ball them.

It keeps him honest. He knows what people read and write.

And so does EVERYBODY on this fucking board! Idiot!

I'm sure that he may have budged had I asked him for a few dollars more but I was happy.

I'm not going to do a damn thing for 20 fucking cents on the dollar!

Never! Ever!

It's too fucking hot to do anything for 20 worthless cents.

I won't even wait in line for free money and that's what it would be.

Thanks for keeping up with your reading classes though.

TL.

You should go and see for yourself.

Hell, you might get 11 to 1 .

It's on the way to your secret money machine.

Posting Limitations