Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 52 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    You can tell him I sent you.
    So you can go back and pick up your 20c on the dollar?

As anybody who has ever read this thread before should know by now, no matter how good the other services he provides are, don't go to TejanoLibre to change your dollars - he may have great contacts for finding chicas, but his favoured money changers are always behind the curve!

Back safely from my travels to the frozen north and headed out just now to change some USD.

Couldn't be arsed to walk all the way to Lavalle so just changed at the first place I know on the 100 block of Florida - 10.60.

787 Carlos Pellegrini

Quote Originally Posted by DanTien  [View Original Post]
    Lots of people offering 10. Lowest offer I got was 9.90.
    $10.40 Today, just a few minutes ago.

And that was for just a fist full of dollars.

Larger amounts should improve the take.

787 Carlos Pellegrini.

Next door to "La Madelein" in the luggage store. (across the street from Excedra.).

Ask for Alejandro, he is the owner.

Open until 6 pm.

Safer than a Bank!

TL.

You can tell him I sent you.

There are worse areas

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    I am looking at an apartment near cordoba and jean jaures near Paraguay. Seems to be a park that it faces. Any thoughts on the area. I will stay a week. Trips to the brothels every other day. Ok, so I don't have the libido that I once had. I hope to stay in an area with many sidewalk cafes. Food is high on my list of priorities. Any one have knowledge of this area.

Regards Hotrod 10.
    It's right on the edge of Once. Be careful at night specifically towards Corrientes and beyond. There are lots of busses coming down Viamonte to get to the center. All in all not bad, not great, but not bad.

Not bad

The Area is good, just that if you like walking you will do a little. Side walk cafes are everywhere.

Here is a few Maps that will help. If you want to meet up will the guys at Exedra it is a bit of a walk. But is a short taxi ride.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...4aba3ddf7cd0d8

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...2d688e5ec31cab

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    I am looking at an apartment near cordoba and jean jaures near Paraguay. Seems to be a park that it faces. Any thoughts on the area. I will stay a week. Trips to the brothels every other day. Ok, so I don't have the libido that I once had. I hope to stay in an area with many sidewalk cafes. Food is high on my list of priorities. Any one have knowledge of this area.

Regards Hotrod 10.

Help with location

Regards Hotrod 10.

Lots of people offering 10. Lowest offer I got was 9.90.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT  [View Original Post]
    Has anyone gotten 10 P to US $ yet?
    I'm going to go try right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT  [View Original Post]
    Good chance of 10 today...
    Dolarblue says 10.19.

Rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Canardly  [View Original Post]
    Do they accept the new $100 bills?
    Yes, zero problems converting new 100's at multiple change places in the past week or two.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DC Esq For This Post:

Do they accept the new $100 bills?

Quote Originally Posted by Conchuir  [View Original Post]
    Heading to BA next month. Are $100 bills OK for exchanging into pesos?

I seem to remember 50's being preferred some years ago. Thanks.
    100's and 50's are pretty equally accepted, don't bring anything smaller.

Thank you fellas!

Mongers-.

This is simply incorrect information. Argentina is a dollarized economy and USD are coveted at the black market FX houses far more than Euros. In fact, Argentina is one of the cheapest places in the world to buy Euros; generally, buying Euros with pesos will save you typically about 4-5 basis points off the interbank rate.

Suerte,

RH.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Although Benjamin Franklin is the Sexiest Mother Fucker in the World the preferred denomination would be 500 Euro Notes.

I don't even count them anymore.

I just weigh them!

TL.

Unfortunately the 500's are being traced these days.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rock Harders For This Post:

Posting Limitations