Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 58 of 137 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

10.2 Today

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    So we're almost back up to the high of 9.80 of May this year.

Will we hit 10 soon? Or will the government find another way to pull it back, albeit temporarily?

I reckon it's a psychological barrier that they're not keen on seeing broken.
    10.2 Today..

The Cops and Robbers were all over Florida and Lavalle yesterday shutting down the Blue Babies.

Asked everyone nicely to hold-off on exchanging dollars until after the election and to keep it at 10 max.

The Blues Promised that nobody will exchange cash on Thursday or Friday.

Blue Babies say that they can't control the demand for Benjamins and that they won't keep it at 10 to 1 .

Expect it to hit 11 plus by the end of the year!

That's an extra Hump at your Favorite Butt-Hutt for sure!

Have Fun,

TL.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

So we're almost back up to the high of 9.80 of May this year.

Will we hit 10 soon? Or will the government find another way to pull it back, albeit temporarily?

I reckon it's a psychological barrier that they're not keen on seeing broken.

At my chino

I got 9.6 on U$S 200 today.

I exchange money

Quote Originally Posted by Troyster  [View Original Post]
    Hi guys,

I work with Russian tourism in BA, if you need exchange, I go to your hotel or your apartment.

Find me in argentinavoyage dot com. Today I payed 9.4.

Bye.

German.

Interesting Article (in Spanish)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Troyster For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    Sunshine69.

Search the Exchanging Currency thread for the coin store on Junin. It is not the place for the best rate but I think convenience will trump the pesos difference. Actually if you explore the site all the information you ask for (maps and everything) is here. You probably should get this conversation out of the Madahos thread.
    I used this place and I was in and out in about 90 seconds.

I have not seen any yet,

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    Any problems exchanging new style 100's? My credit union just handed me a bunch.
    FYI, I went to Peru years ago when the current ones had just come out and nobody wanted them because they thought they were counterfeits. I would consider going to the bank and switching them. If you can't and nobody will accept them I will change them for 95% of face value and hold them until they become accepted. No I'm not being a wise ass.

New Benjamins

Any problems exchanging new style 100's? My credit union just handed me a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine69  [View Original Post]
    Esten,

Thank you for the info. It is very helpful. I will of course be respectful and discrete. That's a great idea on reserving 2 guests in the room to create that argument...yes I'll be checking all the boliches out for sure. I was planning on walking to most of the ones in recoleta, but Tijuana said many are closed or changed locations, and I need to figure out how to get the addresses of all of them. Any thoughts? Also, can you recommend a good cambio near Ayres de Recoleta Plaza that will give the good exchange rate? Your help is very much appreciated!
    Sunshine69.

Search the Exchanging Currency thread for the coin store on Junin. It is not the place for the best rate but I think convenience will trump the pesos difference. Actually if you explore the site all the information you ask for (maps and everything) is here. You probably should get this conversation out of the Madahos thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Of course, as always, your post-TCS text must perfectly capitalized and punctuated or it will be deleted
    Fine. As long as you take into account that my first language is English, not American.

;-)

Administrator

Venues: 398
    With LaNacion and Ambito showing 9.52 and 9.53 before I went out (they're the only ones I ever look at these days - most of the others are in cloud-cuckoo land (eg, dolarblue 9.20, dolarpeso 8.61!)) I got 9.46, changing USD1500.

e2a: and as is the norm on this f**king site it's taken me 4 edits to get it to actually show what I'd originally typed!

And a 5th edit to gentrify the swear word which, ironically, didn't get filtered.

<shakes head>
    DavieW,

Stop complaining.

The Text Cleanup Script IS NOT INVOKED after you edit your own post.

If you hate the TCS so much, then just post gibberish, then edit it immediately and compose your text as you wish.

*shakes head*

Of course, as always, your post-TCS text must perfectly capitalized and punctuated or it will be deleted, this policy being necessary because some Dickheads would abuse the privilege and write as if they were texting on their cellphones.

Thanks,

Jackson

Today

I got 9.5 for 300 at my chino today. I should stop calling it my chino, the Chinese lady is never there anymore.

With LaNacion and Ambito showing 9.52 and 9.53 before I went out (they're the only ones I ever look at these days - most of the others are in cloud-cuckoo land (eg, dolarblue 9.20, dolarpeso 8.61!)) I got 9.46, changing USD1500.

e2a: and as is the norm on this f**king site it's taken me 4 edits to get it to actually show what I'd originally typed!

And a 5th edit to gentrify the swear word which, ironically, didn't get filtered.

*shakes head*

I was there 9/22 at 520 corrientes, and I got 9.20 per USD.

Good place to exchange, in 12 years never a bad bill, and I use them every 4 months.

Exchanging among local friends for years

Besides your unnecessary accusatory tone as pointed out by El Queso (and also for the benefit of others, you've made it very clear that you're happy to receive considerably less for your USD than is available), you're completely wide of the mark with the above comment!

"Maybe not for as much as Florida..."?!?!? Locals who are looking to BUY dollars would have to go to the same cuevas if they weren't lucky enough to have someone as generous as you. Consequently they'd be paying considerably MORE than the current rate than the cuevas are buying them for. On the odd occasion that I have the opportunity to sell my USD to a local I'm happy to sell for 0.1 OVER the current rate and they're more than happy to pay it. So in the case you quoted, when the cueva rate is 9.1 and you're happy to accept 8.6 from your 'local', I can guarantee there are plenty of locals who will pay 9.2 (or more) and would be thanking you profusely for the favour.

*This is a Public Service announcement.*

PS. I've also NEVER received a fake bill on Florida in the 6+ years I've been changing money there.
    Basically split the buy and sell blue rate so both side get better desl than on the street, price get by calling or checking internet blue buy sell rate and go from there, our office has been doing that for years wjhoever needs txt sll in office and someone always needs the other side.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevins For This Post:

Posting Limitations