Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 62 of 137 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Try This Place MJ

Quote Originally Posted by MJsummit  [View Original Post]
    Does anyone know if this place is still open for changing money?

Thanks.
    Try This Place:

M-F till 5:45 or 6 pm.

Corner of Carlos Pellegrini and Cordoba right next door to La Madelein. (Pellegrini 787).

Tourist Trap Shop and Long Distance Travel Bus Company called Turismo Dalman has been a good enough rate lately for a bunch of us.

Update. The Store and the Sign are being renovated. Just walk in and ask for Cambio.

Call them:

5. 031.8008 and ask for "Cambio", tell them El Tejano Loco sent you and let's us know what the rate is.

Thanks,

TL.

Across the street from Excedra.

Exchange

Thanks.
    If it's gone there are probably 10 more that have taken it's place.

Exchanging money ANYWHERE can be risky down here. Even inside of a Bank. There are no guarantees but if you do it during the day when there are a lot of people around you then I think your chances of survival are in your favor.

The Boys that live down here full time exchange Dollars every day.

Bring a friend if you want.

There are so many businesses exchanging cash on the streets that the only thing you need to do is find the best rate.

I have been using the "Secret Asian" girl because I'm lazy but there are many more. The guy next to "La Mad" during the day is very fair and his store is on one of the busiest corners in BA. Safe!

TL.

Thanks.
    Too risky, as your operations are visible from the outside. They are too many people and they are organized. They can just text each other and everyone knows that a guy is the carry dollars guy. Best is to have a contact and meet in a bar, coffee shop, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    At least we figured out that the beer goes in the fridge.
    NO lager goes in the fridge...beer comes from a barrel. We have been holding your hands since 1776 don't worry we won't stop guiding you.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleHorn  [View Original Post]
    We thought after 4th July 1776 you as a nation could set your own trends. Obviously we were wrong. Forever in our shadow.
    At least we figured out that the beer goes in the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    We picked it up from seeing pictures of Brits on vacation in Spain.
    We thought after 4th July 1776 you as a nation could set your own trends. Obviously we were wrong. Forever in our shadow.

The most sincere form of Flattery

Is that not how most Americans dress.
    We picked it up from seeing pictures of Brits on vacation in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by flexiblehorn  [View Original Post]
    is that not how most americans dress.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson  [View Original Post]
    when you buy your clothes at the unclaimed luggage store, you get what you get.
    ROFLMAO

Jackson, Why is the Text Cleanup changing everything in the quotes to lower case, even the names?

Administrator

Venues: 398
    When you buy your clothes at the unclaimed luggage store, you get what you get.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    I'm sure if you wore Bermuda shorts, a Hawaiian shirt, and Birkenstocks with socks

Florida and Corrientes?

Thanks.

Got 8.90 today, changing USD2 k.

Oddly, the web-sites clickable on the front page here were showing an unusually diverse range between 8.85 and 9.07.

Still 100

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTea  [View Original Post]
    What is the highest-value peso bill? Wikipedia says $100 but I wondered whether that was now out-of-date what with the inflation..
    Also known as Rocha's or Violetas. Though I'm sure if you wore Bermuda shorts, a Hawaiian shirt, and Birkenstocks with socks you could find somebody on Lavalle that would sell you some 500 or 1000 pesos notes.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MackDad  [View Original Post]
    They asked how many 100 dollars bills I wanted to change. I told them 2. I received 1740 pesos. I inspected all the pesos made sure they had the red serial numbers, silver strip and water mark. The counterfeit bills tend to have the black serial numbers.
    What is the highest-value peso bill? Wikipedia says $100 but I wondered whether that was now out-of-date what with the inflation..

Quote Originally Posted by Seismo  [View Original Post]
    Coins- I have noticed in the past few weeks several Chinese grocery stores and Chinese buffets offering to buy coins at a 5% to 7% premium. Any ideas on why this is happening as I haven't seen a coin shortage anywhere?
    Wikipedia says:

'Small denomination currency and particularly coins are sometimes difficult to come by in Argentina, especially in Buenos Aires. The problem has developed to a stage in which some shop owners will not sell items if the transaction involves giving the purchaser change in coins. It has also been exacerbated by ATMs, which tend to give out only 100 peso notes, and by bus companies, some of which will take only coins in payment and sell these at a 5–10% markup on the black market rather than depositing them at banks.[8] This situation has improved in the years following the Argentine economic crisis (1999–2002). Nowadays nearly all bus lines have a Sube (Sistema Único de Boleto Electrónico) smartcard reader, allowing passengers to pay electronically without coins.[9]'

Given that the last two sentences only seem to refer to coin hoarding by bus companies and not by others, I guess hoarding must still (or again) be taking place. Or maybe there is some valuable metal in the coins?

Posting Limitations