Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 64 of 137 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Administrator

Venues: 398
    "Muppet"? Them's fighting words in my neighborhood!

Anyway, for the record, my friend exchanged his currency with a semi-private broker in Recoleta.

Thanks,

Jax

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    People come on here to help each other, you muppet!
    Which is worse, calling somebody a muppet or a wanker?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HiLife  [View Original Post]
    Just looking at this post.- 8.7 for you selling dollars and you buying pesos seems unrealistically high...

I would love to know where I can go and get 8.70 when the market is 8.55-8.60 and the most I can get at the best places is about 8.40 or 8.45. Please PM me with those details if those deals are real
    Ha, ha! And what do you think anyone gains on here by inventing numbers?*

People come on here to help each other, you muppet! If you bother to look a little more attentively you'll see that more often than not, people DO say exactly where they made their exchange, as well as the rate they got.

* Only once have I seen someone make nonsense claims, but he's a well-known Walter Mitty type and his word would have been taken with the pinch of salt it generally deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBoy99  [View Original Post]
    I changed US $ 200 at 8.70 at the place on Florida and Lavalle on Friday.
    I found a place that gave me 8.7 for large bills.

I changed US $ 200 at 8.70 at the place on Florida and Lavalle on Friday.

I totally believe that he got 8.70. He exchanged out of the city, and as a general rule of thumb, the further away you are frm the city, the more you will get for your dollars. In some provinces you get more than 9 per dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by HiLife  [View Original Post]
    Just looking at this post.- 8.7 for you selling dollars and you buying pesos seems unrealistically high unless you are staking out some change place and doing a deal on the street with some unsuspecting old lady that needs dollars to stuff under her mattress! The reality is the larger the spread between the buy rate and the sell rate the more "retail" the deal.

When you see a small spread (between buy and sell, nothing else) this is more indicative of where the market is for transactions over $100 K. Ambito.com looks to be the most reasonable of the list. If you are the seller, you will get 10 or 15 centavos less than the lower rate (You are selling dollars but from the perspective of the dealer, you are coming to him to BUY pesos, the seller needs to make a margin too. When people go to BUY dollars they need to give the dealer the higher side of the rate... )

Now, I would love to know where I can go and get 8.70 when the market is 8.55-8.60 and the most I can get at the best places is about 8.40 or 8.45. Please PM me with those details if those deals are real, otherwise, like lots of things out there, it's just too good to be true and we need not feel bad that we didn't get that deal because it's not real.

Happy trading.

Rates seem high.

Just looking at this post.- 8.7 for you selling dollars and you buying pesos seems unrealistically high unless you are staking out some change place and doing a deal on the street with some unsuspecting old lady that needs dollars to stuff under her mattress! The reality is the larger the spread between the buy rate and the sell rate the more "retail" the deal.

When you see a small spread (between buy and sell, nothing else) this is more indicative of where the market is for transactions over $100 K. Ambito.com looks to be the most reasonable of the list. If you are the seller, you will get 10 or 15 centavos less than the lower rate (You are selling dollars but from the perspective of the dealer, you are coming to him to BUY pesos, the seller needs to make a margin too. When people go to BUY dollars they need to give the dealer the higher side of the rate... )

Now, I would love to know where I can go and get 8.70 when the market is 8.55-8.60 and the most I can get at the best places is about 8.40 or 8.45. Please PM me with those details if those deals are real, otherwise, like lots of things out there, it's just too good to be true and we need not feel bad that we didn't get that deal because it's not real.

Happy trading.

Administrator

Greetings Everyone,

Today at approximately 4 pm a friend of mine exchanged $1,000 USD for pesos at 8.70.

Just before he left to exchange his cash, the popular local exchange rate websites were reporting the following Blue Dollar exchange rates:

La Nacion = $8.90 venta

Ambito.com = $8.60 venta

DolarPeso.com = $8.85 venta

DolarBlue.net = $8.95 venta

----------------------------------------------------------

Average Published Rate = $8.825

Rate Actually Received = $8.70

Discount from Average Rate = -1.42% (x .9858)

You're welcome.

Jackson

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

I received 8.70 today out here in the boondocks. (Moreno).

Florida Exchange

Can anybody PM a good place in Florida (blue rate) in which they don't try to pass counterfeit bills. I got stuck with one fake bill and found out after the fact. Leaving tonight for BA.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by FunPete  [View Original Post]
    Are there any places in Palermo or Recoleta for blue rate exchange? The only places I keep reading are on Florida?

Thanks!
    Hi Pete,

I know several places in Recoleta, but I'm not dumb enough to post their address in a public forum.

Thanks,

Jax.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Where

Are there any places in Palermo or Recoleta for blue rate exchange? The only places I keep reading are on Florida?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Nobody on Florida / Lavalle offering more than 8.50 yesterday (not even 'Western Union').

I got 8.60 at the agency that 'imports' my salary.....along with the news that they've upped their fee from 1% (USD100 minimum) to 2.5% (USD200 minimum). No prior warning and this just when I was getting 3 months salary at once. SHAFTED!

If anyone can point me to somewhere else that does the 'transfer your dollars into our foreign account and we'll give you the dollars here' kind of deal, it would be very much appreciated!
    Check your cell px messages, Tom.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomaso276 For This Post:

Nobody on Florida / Lavalle offering more than 8.50 yesterday (not even 'Western Union').

I got 8.60 at the agency that 'imports' my salary.....along with the news that they've upped their fee from 1% (USD100 minimum) to 2.5% (USD200 minimum). No prior warning and this just when I was getting 3 months salary at once. SHAFTED!

If anyone can point me to somewhere else that does the 'transfer your dollars into our foreign account and we'll give you the dollars here' kind of deal, it would be very much appreciated!

Dolar Blue

Anyone know of a good place to exchange for dolar blue in the Recoleta area? Going to be in BA for the first time on the 13th so any help would be much appreciated.

Posting Limitations