Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 73 of 137 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2043
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

[URL]http://www.dolarblue.net[/URL]

At Jackson:

Above website gives me the best handle on rates.

The blue ask is the key rate, a good cueva will give maybe 15 centavos south of the ask on $1000 plus in hundreds, if you're selling Pesos maybe 15 centavos north.

http://www.dolarblue.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    My thinking is that the delta would probably be better expressed as a percentage as opposed to "20-30 centavos", which in itself looses accuracy with inflation.

As nearly as my preliminary observations can determine, the difference is somewhere between 2% and 4% of of the published (and largely speculative) rates on the websites.

The question is which one of the websites offers the most accurate base rate from which to discount.

Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks,

Jackson.

Feris Bueller?

My thinking is that the delta would probably be better expressed as a percentage as opposed to "20-30 centavos", which in itself looses accuracy with inflation.

As nearly as my preliminary observations can determine, the difference is somewhere between 2% and 4% of of the published (and largely speculative) rates on the websites.

The question is which one of the websites offers the most accurate base rate from which to discount.

Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks,

Jackson.
    Feris Bueller's Quotes?

Or the retaurants on Lavalle that were kind enough to offer us $5.13 to $1 for dinner?

That was funny!

TL.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    As has been said many times on this forum, they're an approximate indicator of what the real exchange rates might be if you take 20-30 centavos off their published buy rates and that's about as much as should be read into them.

Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks,

Jackson.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Spassmusssein  [View Original Post]
    You can win 80% cash per day. Buy at 5.1 sell at 9,2.

One day they 'll wiki-leak the list of senators or congressmen who "suddenly" became rich.

Pussy-price in Thelmo or Mburucuya staying stable (for spassi).

600 P.S. TLN.

Yes we can
    80% is EXCELLENT!

And I guess the price of Pussy ALL depends on where one might hang-out!

I take guys to the tourist traps because they are looking for that level but I prefer the Local Race Track myself!

TL.

Just in Argie-Landia-

You can win 80% cash per day. Buy at 5.1 sell at 9,2.

One day they 'll wiki-leak the list of senators or congressmen who "suddenly" became rich.

Pussy-price in Thelmo or Mburucuya staying stable (for spassi).

600 P.S. TLN.

Yes we can

Tales From The EnCrypted?

I've been studying the varoius websites that publish unofficial blue dollar rates.

Some of these published rates just don't make any sense to me.

Specifically, yesterday La Nacion published the blue dollar rates as:

DÓLAR BLUE COMPRA = 9,260.

DÓLAR BLUE VENTA = 9,300.

That's only a .5% margin.

Also, ambito.com lists the rate as:

COMPRA = 9,300.

VENTA = 9,340.

That's only a .45% margin.

So my question is: How do these rates make any sense?

For example, if a money exchange was to utilize these rates, how could they possible stay in business on a 1/2% margin?

Thanks,

Jackson
    I surely don't know finance unfortunately but I'm at the Arbolitos about 4 days a week and they try to fuck me for everything from $7 to $1 to $9 to $1 Yesterday!

At 300k USD it starts to make sense to a tiny store front that sells leather too . ( maybe ? )

My only guess is that the Blue or Black Market Boys are hedging their bets and are stuffing their mattresses with Franklins! No fucking way are they putting them in the bank, not even in their safety deposit boxes!

They are assuming that the Blue Rate is going to hit 10 to 1 and a lot more; maybe even a catastrophic crash!

Sidney, Mad Max, Toymann or Morgando should know something solid!

I'm not complaining about 9.3 though!

Gold may drop to 1200 so I'm thinking Sell now and Buy later when it gets stupid again!

I only know the price of pussy and it's higher than Giraffe Pussy these days!

TL.

I think it means you can take them with a pinch of salt! Neither La Nacion nor ambito.com ARE money exchangers and nobody in the real world has ever found anyone exchanging money at the rates they publish.

As has been said many times on this forum, they're an approximate indicator of what the real exchange rates might be if you take 20-30 centavos off their published buy rates and that's about as much as should be read into them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

Administrator

Can anyone explain this?

I've been studying the varoius websites that publish unofficial blue dollar rates.

Some of these published rates just don't make any sense to me.

Specifically, yesterday La Nacion published the blue dollar rates as:

DÓLAR BLUE COMPRA = 9,260.

DÓLAR BLUE VENTA = 9,300.

That's only a .5% margin.

Also, ambito.com lists the rate as:

COMPRA = 9,300.

VENTA = 9,340.

That's only a .45% margin.

So my question is: How do these rates make any sense?

For example, if a money exchange was to utilize these rates, how could they possible stay in business on a 1/2% margin?

Thanks,

Jackson

Not Sure?

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    How late are they open?

Don B.
    It's a retail shop for Tourist on a super busy intersection but most of the retail shops seem to close at 8 pm on the street and 9 pm in the malls.

Figure 5 or 6 pm to be safe.

Just walk in and say "Tengo Dolares, me mando El Tejano Libre. ".

" I have dollars, Tejano Libre sent me.

That's just to keep him honest!

Ask for $9.00 to 1 since I just found out that a lot of people are dropping their pants for 9 bucks! Right off the bat! Hit him even higher if you want!

I had not exchanged in a week so $8.97 shocked me.

TL.

P.S. The 3 Boys that think I make a single Penny on these deals can go to Heaven! At 9 there is no room is there? Oh yeah, at $8.97 I can make $3.00 per THOUSAND u$d! Tempting isn't it? I can't even get a drink that I won't drink!

I will take that back! If it's a 60 year old single malt I will consider it since it's about $6,000.00 dollars a bottle and maybe $1000.00 dollars a shot in the USA!

Better be better than a Deluxe Rusty Trombone!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Hours

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Got $8.97 today across the street from X at the "Tourista" Store next door to La Mad!

I said "$8.97 ? That's too much!! ".

And the guy said " I can pay you less if you'd like! ".

Then I heard that Gautlet got 9 to 1 !

Fuck! It is about to hit the fan! Or it already has!

TL.

Turismo Dalman.

Carlos Pelegrini 787.

Leather, Kitchen Magnets and Mate' Gourds!

Tourist Shit!

High-End Bus Tickets to All Over The Country Too! Same price as the Bus Terminal but a lot more convenient!
    How late are they open?

Don B.

$8.97 today!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzooey  [View Original Post]
    Got 8.65 this afternoon at Scalabrini and Cervino. This was their initial quote, independent of amount changed.

20 minutes later, I popped into the Junin coin shop to see how they would compare. Was quoted only 8.3.
    Got $8.97 today across the street from X at the "Tourista" Store next door to La Mad!

I said "$8.97 ? That's too much!! ".

And the guy said " I can pay you less if you'd like! ".

Then I heard that Gautlet got 9 to 1 !

Fuck! It is about to hit the fan! Or it already has!

TL.

Turismo Dalman.

Carlos Pelegrini 787.

Leather, Kitchen Magnets and Mate' Gourds!

Tourist Shit!

High-End Bus Tickets to All Over The Country Too! Same price as the Bus Terminal but a lot more convenient!

April 24, 2013 -- 8.65 at Scalabrini & Cervino, 8.3 at Junin coin shop

Got 8.65 this afternoon at Scalabrini and Cervino. This was their initial quote, independent of amount changed.

20 minutes later, I popped into the Junin coin shop to see how they would compare. Was quoted only 8.3.

Until 5 pm Monday through Friday; not sure about Saturday. I've never had a problem there and usually get a higher rate with $100 notes on exchanges over $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper  [View Original Post]
    Hey, does anyone know how late these guys are open? I haven't been there yet, but they sound legit based on what people have been saying here. If anyone has any bad experiences with them, please let me know before I go! Thanks.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HappyGoLucky For This Post:

Retired Member

Don't Fuck With El Jefe

Believe me, you don't "Fuck With El Jefe".

I learned that the hardway.

Exon

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    Nothing, but frankly your posting rules and methods are not logical.

So how about answering the question.

Don B.
    Really?

You think that asking members to post in threads that are relevant to their post is "not logical"?

And then you continue to spam the thread with the question "So how about answering the question."

Here's a question for you: Why don't you fuck off?

Thanks,

Jackson

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Posting Limitations