Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 74 of 137 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2043
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Hey DonB,

What the fuck does this have to do with "Exchanging Currency"?

Thanks,

Jackson
    Nothing, but frankly your posting rules and methods are not logical.

So how about answering the question.

Don B.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    What is the name of the hotel on [Deleted by Admin] (I think).As I remember it is the building where United Airlines had a large operation years ago. Don B.
    Hey DonB,

What the fuck does this have to do with "Exchanging Currency"?

Thanks,

Jackson

[Deleted by Admin]

To You and Sleeper

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry1  [View Original Post]
    I'll be staying in Microcentro. Does anyone know where I can get my dollars exchanged in that area?
    To you and Sleeper:

There are 951 Posts on this subject! Anything and everything ANYBODY could EVER want to know! Just spend 5 minutes to read them and you can exchange all you want without getting killed or ripped off!

TL.

All within walking distance of the Obelisco!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Scalabrini Ortiz & Cervino opening hours?

Hey, does anyone know how late these guys are open? I haven't been there yet, but they sound legit based on what people have been saying here. If anyone has any bad experiences with them, please let me know before I go! Thanks.

Exchanging USA Currency

I'll be staying in Microcentro. Does anyone know where I can get my dollars exchanged in that area?

Tuesday and Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    I got 8.40 for 300.
    8.40 both days for 1000 K each.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Santa For This Post:

Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Dolar Blue is showing 8.70. Is any one getting anything near that?
    I got 8.40 for 300.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Dolar Blue is showing 8.70. Is any one getting anything near that?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Scalabrini and Cervino

8.15 today, Friday.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HappyGoLucky For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Member#3320  [View Original Post]
    Beats me, why someone who earns in pesos from local business would want to exchange us $!
    I am not a economist but I think it would be obvious. The banks are not paying interest, any where. But if you earn in pesos and buy a small amount (what ever you could afford) monthly the saving and earnings should be obvious. In less then two years the dollar has gone from 5 to 8 pesos. About a 60 % gain? Where else can you get that return on a small investment. With the dollar supposedly going to 10 in the near future, that would be 100% in less then 3 years. It seems like a good idea to me!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Beats me, why someone who earns in pesos from local business would want to exchange us $!

Administrator

FYI...

Today the published blue dollar rates were:

lanacion.com = 8.40

ambito.com = 8.42

dolarpeso.com = 7.68

dolarblue.net = 8.43

preciodolarblue.com.ar = 8.42

Today, I actually got 8.25 while exchanging 1k.

That's 98% of the ambito.com published rate.

You are welcome,

Jackson

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Thanks...

I did not see those links before.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Santa  [View Original Post]
    Wrong!

Yes it is helpful, but I have a question. On Precio Dolar Blue and La Nacion the current purchase rate is 8.34 and the current sell rate is 8.37. Whereas on DolarBlue.net the current purchase rate is 7.87 and the sale rate is 8.37. Last year, some person, who want to buy dollars from me, told me that you had to use DolarBlue's figures and average the sale and purchase rate on DolarBlue.net to determine the correct sell price. Using the current prices on DolarBlue.net he would buy my dollars at 8.12. Obviously this is a rip-off. No doubt there is a discount from the current published purchase price, but I believe that it should be in the range of 5-6 cents depending on the amount and denominations of the dollars involved. Thus, using a purchase price of 8.34 the price would be 8.28 or 8.29.

So after that long winded introduction what is the normal discount from the published purchase price, if any?
    Hi Santa,

Without a doubt, any published "Blue Dollar" rate is only an estimate as there is no official market for such exchanges.

Nevertheless, these sources do provide some insight into what is by nature a murky subject.

I generally find that I will receive approximately 97 to 98% of what I sense is the day's "most rational" number.

I can also say, in a completely subjective statement, that www.ambito.com seems to more consistently provide the most accurate number (after being discounted as described above).

Of course, as noted, there are dozens of other variables which may effect the rate you get quoted at that moment, including the possibility that the cueva you are in may be under-supplied with one currency or another and they're just at that moment trying to discourage purchases of that currency.

Thanks,

Jackson.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Posting Limitations