Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 77 of 137 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2043
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Dollars being sold

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    My best Argie friends cousin works in finance here and he told me yesterday morning there was no price to buy dollars. That may have changed during the day but yesterday morning there wasn't a price. I'm thinking the peso is about to shoot to 9 or 10. I'll be changing as needed over the next couple weeks.

Disclaimer; I'm not an economist, nor have I ever played one on TV. Additionally I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last evening so my thoughts about the peso could be horribly wrong.
    I sold a lot of pesos today for $US at Arenales. Price was changing buy the hour, started at 8.45 at 11 am was 8.7 at 1.30 pm. Guy told me that all the cuevas will sell dollars.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionadwc For This Post:

No price for dollars

My best Argie friends cousin works in finance here and he told me yesterday morning there was no price to buy dollars. That may have changed during the day but yesterday morning there wasn't a price. I'm thinking the peso is about to shoot to 9 or 10. I'll be changing as needed over the next couple weeks.

Disclaimer; I'm not an economist, nor have I ever played one on TV. Additionally I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last evening so my thoughts about the peso could be horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    8.1 for 500 USD at cervino cueva today.

Will be open Saturdays again starting 23 March, if I read it right from 10:00-13:00, Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00.
    I haven't bothered to do a regression analysis, however, it seems to me that the spread between the official rate and the blue rate is growing. I would interpret that as a leading indicator and what it is indicating isn't positive for anyone hold large amounts of pesos.

Cervino 8.1

8.1 for 500 USD at cervino cueva today.

Will be open Saturdays again starting 23 March, if I read it right from 10:00-13:00, Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SunSeeker For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tummyargentina  [View Original Post]
    Guys- Can anyone please tell me are there any trustworthy cambios in Recoleta where I can get a good exchange rate.

Thanks.
    Tommy: For most of the 'stuff' (cell phones, SIM cards, good exchange rates, etc)., I have found that I need to go to Centro. That said, if you go back in this thread several pages or so, I am pretty sure that Toymann or one of the other local legends has a cambio on Junin (if I recall correctly) that I probably walked past a million times.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleThomas  [View Original Post]
    Sign saying the office is now in the basement of Galerias Pacificos, and the booth there wants passports and advertises 4.92.

TL got me 7.5 (would have been more were I less gringissimo) somewhere around Arenales or Santa Fe / 9 de Julio: thanks!
    Sorry about this, my fault: on a weekday there are guys in the 800-900 block of Florida who are sufficiently delighted to exchange at 7.7 that I wonder if I could have got more.

Excess pesos

Happy to change at 7.9 see my previous posts.

Excess pesos

Quote Originally Posted by Lionadwc  [View Original Post]
    I need to offload some pesos (all in good condition, no writing ect) as my plan to change them back in Australia has come unstuck-western union have just changed their policy and won't buy them now at the official rate. So I suppose back to the cueva unless someone is interested in an exchange to $us at a good rate. I am in Recoleta.
    Sure, good advice. Really just want to get rid of them so happy to exchange at 7.8 have 20000 pesos.

Fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Lionadwc  [View Original Post]
    I need to offload some pesos (all in good condition, no writing ect) as my plan to change them back in Australia has come unstuck-western union have just changed their policy and won't buy them now at the official rate. So I suppose back to the cueva unless someone is interested in an exchange to $us at a good rate. I am in Recoleta.
    You might want to give an idea of exchange rate and amount you can handle. I realize why you would want to be circumspect but you might get more responses with a little more info.

Also I got 7.9 for 3300 today at my guy on Florida right across from Galaria Pacifico.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Excess pesos

Actually That Was Lavalle

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleThomas  [View Original Post]
    Sign saying the office is now in the basement of Galerias Pacificos, and the booth there wants passports and advertises 4.92.

TL got me 7.5 (would have been more were I less gringissimo) somewhere around Arenales or Santa Fe / 9 de Julio: thanks!
    I was not happy with 7.5 because I told him to give you 7.7 but then again it was'nt that much.

That was on Lavalle at a store called Harry Truman, maybe 900 block. It's a clothing and general junk shop but it was convenient as we were in a hurry.

Better luck next time.

The Tour was nice, we must have walked 100 blocks.

Thanks,

TL.

Cordoba / Florida 500 seems to have gone legit

Cervino and Scalabrini Ortiz

Exchanged $500 for 7.7 today.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HappyGoLucky For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzooey  [View Original Post]
    How much did you exchange to get that rate?
    2,000 but they gave me that rate before I told them how much.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionadwc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tummyargentina  [View Original Post]
    Guys- Can anyone please tell me are there any trustworthy cambios in Recoleta where I can get a good exchange rate.

Thanks.
    1245 Arenales.

Posting Limitations