Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 80 of 137 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2043
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    7.6 Today at the Western Union.

Scalabrini Ortiz & Cervino exchange rate

FYI. Today I exchanged $1,000 at 7.55 at Scalabrini Ortiz & Cervino. No hassles and the fellow waited while I re-counted. Easy as pie.

People in Sydney are buying Pesos!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionadwc  [View Original Post]
    I am about to head to B A and was at a western Union cambio in Sydney and the guy tell me a lot of people are buying pesos on the black market and selling them in Sydney at the official rate Anyone tried this? Seems like it could be a good earner. He did say that the pesos needed to be in pristine condition.
    I'm amazed! For quite sometime you haven't been able to unload unused pesos in the States when you return. The exchange houses just don't want them.

To answer your question, absolutly this would be a good earner, you can buy pesos here for 7.3- 7.5 to the dollar and if you can sell them there for 5 ish (or whatever the Oz dollar is going for) that's quite a return. I would make good and damn sure that you could sell them in Sydney though. You might find yourself with a lot of expensive toilet paper once you return to Oz.

Not saying don't do it, just saying be careful.

Exchanging Pesos in Australia

I am about to head to B A and was at a western Union cambio in Sydney and the guy tell me a lot of people are buying pesos on the black market and selling them in Sydney at the official rate Anyone tried this? Seems like it could be a good earner. He did say that the pesos needed to be in pristine condition.

Cervino and Scalabrini Ortiz

7.5 today at 10:10 am, didn't matter if changing $500 or $1000.

Western union

Been getting 7.5 for a few hundred at Western Union. Florida & Lavalle. As of yesterday.

7.19 to 1 at Xoom

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    At a recoleta cueva. For 1k USD.
    Getting fucked at Xoom at 7.19 to 1 but I have no choice.

TL.

Bring Dollars and exchange here Boys.

Any safe places in Recoleta area for exchanging currency?

Can any of you please suggest safe places where I can get a good exchange rate near to Arroyo 841.

Thanks

7.5 and great service

520 Corrientes, after my hassle free exchange, I was offered an air conditioned private cubicle with a calculator to count and inspect my new stack of pesos, when I was done I walked out of the cubicle said Hi to the Police officer there, then went and had a great steak, impressive operation!

7.5 to 1 today

At a Recoleta cueva. For 1k USD.

I was quoted the same rate in the same location a few hours later, though they upped it to 7. 5 for $1, 000 USD. They wouldn't go higher for $2, 000, though I should've pressed harder.

FYI, I exchanged $2, 000, which included twenty $20 bills. They didn't so much as bat an eye (of course, there were also sixteen $100 bills, so that might have been enough to have made them overlook the twenties).

The rate (s) they quoted me were before they knew what bills I had, so the inclusion of twenties did not affect the rate whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    Scalabrini Ortiz and Cerviņo 7. 45 Today (Feb. 7) Around Noon:30 for US$440. They were OK with 2 50s and 2 20s. I don't know if that might have affected the rate.

Bob

Scalabrini Ortiz and Cerviņo 7.45 Today (Feb. 7) Around Noon:30

Scalabrini Ortiz and Cerviņo 7.45 Today (Feb. 7) Around Noon:30 for US$440. They were OK with 2 50s and 2 20s. I don't know if that might have affected the rate.

Bob

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AllIWantIsLove For This Post:

Yesterday I exchanged at 1 to 7. 9 here in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. In 10 days I'll arrive in BA where I will stay for three months. From the rates that I see folks mentioning here, it seems that the exchange rate in BA will probably soon improve and therefore it would be better to bring dollars and exchange them into pesos in BA. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Was at 520 ave corrientes wednsday and got $7. 50 to one, walk in ask what they are paying, exchange and leave no fuss no muss, open on saturdays too was there. Been exchanging for 10 years and never got a bad bill. Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Damn! It was definitely a bubble. I couldn't change any dollars last week because I didn't have any. Got paid today and got 7. 57 and they told me they were giving 7. 86 at the peak. They reckon it may have already bottomed out though and we should go back to the usual steady rise from here.
    The rate only went down for a few days because pro Cristina traders sold a bunch of Dollars to try and close the gap between official and blue rates. The government is desperately trying not raise the official rate even though many government officials now have confessed that the official rate should be 6 to 1.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Aqualung For This Post:

Posting Limitations