Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 83 of 137 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2043
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Scalabrini Ortiz and Cervino closed on Saturdays ...

... Which is maybe what you would expect anyway. But a post back in November said that it was open on Saturdays. I got there around 11:15 and it was closed, and a sign in the window said that it is open only weekdays.

Bob.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Gbartoli  [View Original Post]
    A general question for all those using the services of a cueva: say you exchange $1,000 at 7.2, do you go through all 72 100 peso bills checking for counterfeits before you leave? And if you do check them, what do you look for? I know about the metallic ink (easy to check) and the watermark (more time consuming to check). Are there other security features?
    You should check every bill,every time. Once in twenty I give myself a pass at the curva I go to. Even if you don't know what you're looking for make a show of checking your bills.They don't know that you don't know what you're looking for. If you don't check them beieve me they will notice.

Here's a pretty good article on what to look for when checking Rocas.

http://santelmoloft.com/2011/07/22/f...-in-argentina/

Quote Originally Posted by Gbartoli  [View Original Post]
    A general question for all those using the services of a cueva: say you exchange $1,000 at 7.2, do you go through all 72 100 peso bills checking for counterfeits before you leave? And if you do check them, what do you look for? I know about the metallic ink (easy to check) and the watermark (more time consuming to check). Are there other security features?
    At Arenales they count out 100's with the metallic strip down. I watch each one carefully as they count them out. Then I recount them at the counter with the metallic strip up. I've given them back a couple of bills that were in bad condition and they changed them without question. There's no guarantee but when I see the professional style of the Arenales cueva I believe peddling counterfeits is just not in the business plan, it would potentially cause them all kinds of grief.

I'm just down here as a tourist on a long trip and I've now changed over $5k at Arenales which means over 300 Ar$100 bills received and I've had no problem with any of them.I started with a 40% spread on the official rate and its now up to 505. When I'm in tourist places and I see other tourists haul out their credit cards to pay for things,I just shudder. They are crazy and,of course,probably completely unaware of how to access the blue market. Fortunately I read this board.

The "Blue Baby."

CQUOTE=Jim Mac; 431333]

Received 7.2 at the Arenales cueva late yesterday morning.

The "Blue Baby' hit $7.65 yesterday if you know where to go , I never exchange very much money so I don't care much but the TV that I bought for $1500.00 dollars would now cost me $1000.00 dollars eventhough the price has gone up by 1000p !

Crazy ! That is quite a bit of a diff .

There is a 50% ( give or take a centavo ) between Baby Blue and the Official bullshit Rate , the house of cards must fall apart soon .

TL

Makes me mad because now I want a 4k Super HD TV , you can have my 3 month old Sony at cost ! 3D Smart TV .

P.S - Good chance that your Dollars are as fake as their pesos !

Checking for counterfeit bills

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mac  [View Original Post]
    Last edited by Gbartoli; 01-25-13 at 23:11. Reason: replace spaces after commas, pds, and colons

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gbartoli For This Post:

Cervino and scalabrini was 7.2 around noon hour,

Coin shop. Juninn

Received 7.10 to 1 today.

Xoom now at 7.05.

Quote Originally Posted by MJsummit  [View Original Post]
    Does anyone know if the western union place changing dollars near Florida is still open?
    It certainly was last week. Although the Western Union banner is no longer hanging outside, so it's a bit harder to find if you don't already know it!

Changing dollars?

Does anyone know if the western union place changing dollars near Florida is still open?

7. 35 for 1 on Friday

Was the rate I was able to get. I was very happy and appreciate advice of others.

Exchanging Currency

Saw yesterday the Blue Dollar rate was 7. 51 to 1.

Anyone getting that rate anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Toymann  [View Original Post]
    If it is then do you know if it is open on Saturdays and what the hours of operation are? I arrive tomorrow morning and will need to get some pesos. Happy mongering all. Toymann
    Don't know about the one on Junin but the one on Arenales os closed Saturdays and Sundays and it closes at 5. 30 Monday to Friday.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Mac For This Post:

Need exchange Location

Arriving BsAs in two week need reliable / safe exchange location in Congresso area.

Post here or PM me prefered, Thanks

Posting Limitations