Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 87 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2043
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    No they haven't. They're not.

Those dollar-blue rate web-sites bear no relation whatsoever to the rate you're going to get on the street. As has been said many times before on this thread.
    I wouldn't have mentioned it if I hadn't exchanged today at that rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chezz  [View Original Post]
    Are you referring to the coin store in Recoleta on Arenales? I got 6.50 from them today with 1K USD.
    It's the "coin store" in recoleta but not on arenales. On Junin between Vicente Lopez and Las Heras.

Prob same one and you're just thinking arenales. If so, I'd assume they'd fluctuate rates even on same day depending how much supply they have on hand plus what kind of mark they think the customer is.

I was ready to walk. They bumped the intro 6. 3 and offered me max 6. 4 at noon'ish when I was there today. 6.4 was what I wanted so didn't try another raise or walk counter.

Have you guys found a cueva that gives those rates? If not, how are they relevant?
    No they haven't. They're not.

Those dollar-blue rate web-sites bear no relation whatsoever to the rate you're going to get on the street. As has been said many times before on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    When I checked today and again just now it says 6. 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    The Dollar reached 6. 89 today. (6. 91 to buy)
    Have you guys found a cueva that gives those rates? If not, how are they relevant? Are they futures?

As an aside, I've been here 5 days, and have seen the peso drop 30 centavos in that time. These next few weeks should be interesting. Stranger got 6.45 in the morning and by the afternoon the same cueva dropped to 6.50

Dollar Blue

When I checked today and again just now it says 6. 80

What is your source?
    Http://www.preciodolarblue.com.ar/

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    What is your source?

Are you referring to the coin store in Recoleta on Arenales? I got 6.50 from them today with 1K USD.

6. 50 Today

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    6. 3 for lower amounts but able to push for 6. 4 with 1k USD, earlier today.

*note: for first time got the new evita 100 notes. So far my luck using them 50-50.

One place took them for payment without comment (TGIF restaurant in recoleta) , another refused and wanted old style bill or smaller change (McCafe. But this particular one has always been pretty bitchy about what money they accept)

Coin store cueva 6. 4

6. 3 for lower amounts but able to push for 6. 4 with 1k USD, earlier today.

*note: for first time got the new evita 100 notes. So far my luck using them 50-50.

One place took them for payment without comment (TGIF restaurant in recoleta) , another refused and wanted old style bill or smaller change (McCafe. But this particular one has always been pretty bitchy about what money they accept)

Cervino cueva 6. 5

FYI. 6.5 for USD (500) at the cervino cueva a few minutes ago

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SunSeeker For This Post:

Just to provide a datapoint: 8. 20 for the EUR yesterday at the place on Scalabrini Ortiz / Cervino.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    I got 6.4 today at one of my places in Recoleta.
    Can you share the location? I'll be in Recoleta next week and want to know where to get the best exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    On Junin, past Vicente Lopez and before Las Heras.

Walk down Junin on left side of street relative to Recoleta Village mall on right side. Approximately 10 meters before corner of Junin and Las Heras there's a white frosted window door. Right after a small kiosco. If you see a metal shutter where the window door ought to be, you've come when they are closed.
    Thank you Mpexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    I got 6.4 today at one of my places in Recoleta.
    You guys are so lucky!

Posting Limitations