Thread: Iguazu

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Not Much!

Quote Originally Posted by Gipper
    Hola,

I am in Iguazu on the Argentine side for one night, heading back to wonderful BA tomorrow. Have thoroughly enjoyed Gysell's apt and other places in BA but was wondering if there are any options on the ARG side of Iguazu, either in the port or calling in to my hotel. I don't particularly want to cross the border and curious if there are any options.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

The Gipper
    There may be an underground scene for the locals.

Maybe a Privado or 2?

Basically there is nothing to do near the falls at night on the Argie side!

Brazilian side should have Chicas if you are feeling lucky!

Take a big gun with you!

Just ask a few cab drivers for a Privado in town.

Don't expect much!

TL

Where to go in Puerto Iguazu?

Hola,

I am in Iguazu on the Argentine side for one night, heading back to wonderful BA tomorrow. Have thoroughly enjoyed Gysell's apt and other places in BA but was wondering if there are any options on the ARG side of Iguazu, either in the port or calling in to my hotel. I don't particularly want to cross the border and curious if there are any options.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Uzinuzin
    I have been reading this forum daily and I hope I have enough info for my two weeks trip to BA mid-Nov. But I am planning 3 night at Iguazu to see the waterfalls and as I only have limited vacation for these trips, I was hoping if there are any chance of mongering at Iguazu. I've UK passport so I can go to Foz (Brazilian side) without visa if there are better action there, but want to know if it's worth the night trip in taxis to Foz. Is the Argentina side dead (as far as mongers concerned)

I read Helpmann reports below and will read again, but I wondered if anyone has any new info to add; Hotel to stay near night life (is it better to stay in Argentine side or Brazilian - considering flying from BA) any club / privados worth visiting at both sides. After all I don't want to loose 2 days and 3 nights without any chicas. (No matter how good the waterfalls are!

Cheers.
    Bump: any new info on mongering at Iguazu?

Some info on Iguazu please.

I have been reading this forum daily and I hope I have enough info for my two weeks trip to BA mid-Nov. But I am planning 3 night at Iguazu to see the waterfalls and as I only have limited vacation for these trips, I was hoping if there are any chance of mongering at Iguazu. I've UK passport so I can go to Foz (Brazilian side) without visa if there are better action there, but want to know if it's worth the night trip in taxis to Foz. Is the Argentina side dead (as far as mongers concerned) ?

I read Helpmann reports below and will read again, but I wondered if anyone has any new info to add; Hotel to stay near night life (is it better to stay in Argentine side or Brazilian - considering flying from BA) any club / privados worth visiting at both sides. After all I don't want to loose 2 days and 3 nights without any chicas....... (No matter how good the waterfalls are!)

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin Bob
    Chica Seeker, did you try to go through immigrations and get refused or did you not read the useful information in this thread like about two posts down?
    No, I was not refused entry by immigration as I made no attempt to go to the Brazilian side. Our guide said that a visa was required for North American tourists and I left it at that as I thought that the policy may have changed from the time of your post. I did not investigate it further and he may very well have been mistaken on this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chica Seeker
    On Tuesday I took a trip to Iguazu after reading the useful information in this thread.

I did not do the Brazilian side as I did not have the required visa.
    Chica Seeker, did you try to go through immigrations and get refused, or did you not read the useful information in this thread like about two posts down?

On Tuesday I took a trip to Iguazu after reading the useful information in this thread. I was not there for mongering and did not partake. In fact I needed a bit of a rest.

The trip with LAN was 770p return and took about 1.5 hours one way. I stayed at the St. George Hotel at a nightly rate of $110 in a master suite (which is the newer section of the hotel) This included airport transfer as well as both breakfast and dinner. I concur with a previous post suggesting that you eat elsewhere for dinner. The first night the buffet was very good but that was not the case the second night.

I arrived mid afternoon so there was not enough time to go to the falls the first day. Instead I purchased a river cruise for 90p which started late afternoon. The cruise is something that they have just started and I can't say that I would recommend it. The trip down the river took us to the junction with Brazil and Paraguay which was interesting. We then stopped down river to watch members of an indigenous tribe in Paraguay do a religious ceremony on the shore. 3 members of the tribe returned with us in order to attempt to sell their trinkets, although I did not see anyone buying. There was musical entertainment on the way back.

The next day I went to the falls for the price of 60p including return transportation and the guide. Unfortunately, the weather was not great and it drizzled most of the day. The guide said that it is like that about 100 days out of the year. You should watch the weather forecast before booking and attempt to get a sunny day for the trip.

The visit to the falls was definitely worth the trip in my opinion. There are trails at 3 different levels to view the falls. The guide starts at the top level where you see the so called "devils throat" and you then move down to the middle and lower level. It makes sense to do it in this order as the best is saved for last. The panorama of all the waterfalls from the lower level was spectacular.

I did not do the Brazilian side as I did not have the required visa. I understand that the tour on this side takes about 2.5 hours and was told that it should be left for a separate day if possible. I know that the Argentine side was enough for me for the day.

You can also take a boat ride very near the falls for an additional 120p and I did not partake. Most did, however, and were soaking wet for the next couple of hours until they got back to the hotel. If you are going to do this you should take a change of clothes with you as you are guaranteed to get drenched! The advantage of taking the boat ride is that you do not have to walk back up to the upper level although it really was not all that challenging.

This was a worth while 2 day diversion from all the activity in Buenos Aires.

If you're going into Paraguay at the Cuidad del Este land crossing at the Friendship bridge, and intend to fly out from Asuncion, you will need an entry stamp at the land border. If you don't have it the airport immigration guys will give you a hard time and may not let you fly.

Triple Frontier

Here's the deal on the Triple Frontier as I understand it. Basically, going through immigrations is optional. You can get your exit/entry stamps if you need them, or you can just cross the border without them.

You don't need to stop at immigrations. If anything, if you're on a bus you have to ask the driver to stop.

You can go through immigrations if you want to activate the visa for Brazil. Yes, you do have to enter the country in 90 days or it expires.

You can also do the 90 day visa run just like going over to Uruguay.

If you just cross the border for the day to see the waterfalls or go shopping in Ciudad del Este, there's no problem, you don't need to go through immigrations. In other words, if you are an American and don't have a visa for Brazil you can still go to Brazil to see the falls.

In Paraguay, you have a zone that extends I think 75 kilometers from the bridge where you can go without an entry stamp. In Brazil, you can certainly roam around Foz de Iguazu.

The thing is this, that once you're in the country you can't go anywhere else. They won't let you on a bus or an airplane unless you have a valid entry stamp, and they have checkpoints on the highways. That's the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpot
    Does anyone know if you walk across the ARG / BRA border from the ARG side,

To go into brasil do they examine your passport for a visa.

I have a Brasil visa and need to activate it in one month. Plan to go to Iguazu.

And go thru the border to Brasil and get my visa stamped.

Has anyone done this.

Jackpot
    I travel with 2 passports and one does not require visa. That said, I crossed the border with a Taxi which many have said is not problomatic. All 3 crossings or 4 or whatever between IG / Foz / CDE each time we stopped and they checked.

Jackpot-

As a matter of fact, back in January 2005 when I got my 5 year visa, the first place I entered in Brasil was at the Foz do Iguacu crossing. There is no "walking" across the border, you must take a bus or a taxi. After you cross the border (which consists of crossing a bridge) you need to stop in the immigration building slightly down the road on the left hand side. I was with a group and the immigration guy was lazy so he stamped everyone in the group in and out of Brasil at the same time.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

VISA question

Does anyone know if you walk across the ARG / BRA border from the ARG side, to go into Brasil do they examine your passport for a visa.

I have a Brasil visa and need to activate it in one month. Plan to go to Iguazu and go thru the border to Brasil and get my visa stamped.

Has anyone done this?

Jackpot

Quote Originally Posted by Tr Tuga
    Hi,

Looks good, I get the feeling that theres quite a lot of objects there to take pictures of.

The bird sanctuary, is it in Brasil? And is it an enclosure or are they free flying?

Did you see any tucanas, parrots, iguanas etc. On the Argie side or only in Brasil?

Great post you made, I most probably will try to walk in the same order as you did in order to avoid the crowds.

Tr Tuga
    There area actually 2 bird places and both qutie different. Both near the entrance to the parks on both the Brazil and Arg side. THe one on the Arg side is focusing on conservation, animal rescue and education. It was founded by a guy who is apparantly very big in falconry use at airports to keep birds from flying into jet engines. Its very interesting and very educational. The one on the BRazil side has lots more birds. It has several cages that you walk into and can get pretty close up to the birds. All of them have a good variety. I saw plenty of birds also in the falls at the park on the argie side. You just have to walk slow and keep away fromt eh crowds. The Toucan you can hear and it sounds like a cross between a frog croaking and a hoarse dog. Use your imagination.

Thanks Stowe.

I Will go there.

Tr Tuga

Tr Tuga

Hey TT,

The bird sanctuary is in Brazil about 10 minutes inside Brazil. The place is set up pretty nice with the animals in very large cages and the people walk around them in small walkways.

We spent about 90-120 minutes in there-it is very large. We went last April and while I don't recall the price, it was very reasonable.

There are many tucanas, parrots, iguanas and much more.

Suerte.

Stowe

Posting Limitations