Thread: Iguazu

+ Submit Report
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Lightbulb Crossing the border

There is a way to cross the border into Brazil. Take a tour with a taxi into Foz no visa.

Went to Crystal no lookers in 10 minutes it was empty. Went to a local club at the sheraton or nice hotel can't remember. Beautiful girls dancing, didnt mingle much.

Remember Brazil is 1 hour ahead of Argentina.

The last two nights have been pretty frenzied. So here's some new info:

*Note that currently the Real is at around 2.6 Reals to the dollar and.8 to the Peso.

I haven't had an opportunity to check London's out but I managed to pass by Sex Appeal. Sex Appeal is similar to Cristal. Entrance fee of 15 Reals, buy the girl a drink (30 Reals) and take a girl to a motel (150-175 Reals) Last night (Tuesday night) the club had roughly a dozen girls at around 11p with most being 7 and a couple of 8. I had a few drinks and a little chit chat with a couple of girls but decided to move on and check other places out so I headed back to the centro leaving my friend who was enthralled with a beautiful 9+ to his own accord.

It was a little past midnight and I took a look in Roda Vida which is close to the center of town. Entrance fee is 5 Real, but unfortunately I don't recall the cost for individual drinks since I had ordered a bottle of wine and quite a few drinks to share with the girls (total tab was around 170 Reals) Girls on this night were in the 6-7s with one 8 but all were a lot of fun to hang out with.

There is a place right next door to Roda Vida which is free entrance but has a restaurant type atmosphere as opposed to the small dingy club type atmosphere Roda Vida has. Here you just walk in and find a table with a girl you want to sit with and go from there. I walked in, found no one that caught my attention and walked out.

Both the above places seem to be local type hangouts. I didn't see a single gringo in either one in all the time I was there.

It was now close to 2am. I hopped back in the cab and had the driver drive down the center of town. If you haven't been to Iguazu, have a cab drive you down the center of town starting at the top of the hill. You will find easily a half dozen beautiful girls sitting on just about every corner chatting it up. It's literally quite a sight to see. Tonight there were roughly 2 dozen girls down the small stretch of strip with quite a few 8s and a couple of 9s. Rather than going to London's I couldn~t resist and ended up taking a gorgeous young blonde and her brunette friend back to my suite. Both were just amazing in looks and wonderful company. Cost was 50 Reals each plus their cab fare back (7 Real) Though cost is for an hour max, both stayed at the hotel a little while longer kicking back, drinking a little and shooting the breeze before they left. Fortunately they both spoke a little spanish so communication wasn't an issue.

Just a side note. It can sometimes get a little tough to find a cab later at night and walking el centro late at night isn't the best place to be so I typically get a cab early on and have him wait for me wherever I go. It can get pricey at times, but I like knowing I have a car waiting for me at my beckon call when I go checking out the sites at night.

Also, I had forgotten to mention in my earlier posts - if you don't speak Portugese, a little spanish will help get you by since the languages are similar. I've had 3 different drivers the past 3 nights and all have been extremely helpful (advised where to go and where not to go) and highly accomodating. I would normally stick to the same cab driver and call that one when I go out at night but for some odd reason either their phones were disconnected or they didn't answer. But I'm glad it worked out this way because each driver had different recommendations.

Vera House - still alive and kicking as of Dec. 18. Prices are now 150 Real ($60US) for 2 hours (note that the 2 hours includes cab time so have the driver go to a motel nearby else the girls will choose some far off place - if you are staying at the Falls Galli as I do at times, there are Motels on either side (i.e., The Mirage). The cab drivers I've had have been happy to drop me at the hotel and drive the girls back to the house. There were 9 girls when I went and I took Nani and her friend (so $120US for 2 hrs). Most girls were in the 8s. Went to the Private motel - would recommend the ejecutivo suite at minimum. The girls enjoyed dancing the stage and jacuzzi and as usual, they raid the fridge. No biggie all good. 1.5 hr stay at the motel $30US.

If you don't know how the brothels here work, the cab driver should just stay with you during the entire trip. He will wait downstairs at the private motel etc. Total cab fare this night was $35 but we drove back and forth between a few places as well.

If you prefer a girl in your hotel, the cab drivers usually have a small list of their own girls. Keep in mind they speak limited spanish and little english though.

Will be heading to a newer club tonight called London. Will post a report on that when I return.

Payment in all places can be made in Real, Pesos or Dollars.

The prices I quoted were in dollars (I paid in dollars) Staying at the house was not an option. You needed to go to a hotel. The rates for the girls were somewhat negotiable. The actual rate for a girl was $55 USD for 1-1.5 hours - I got two and just made it an even $100 USD. There was no rush on the time at the hotel (outside the cost of the room which is hourly) I could have stayed another half hour with no worries. I dug the place though. First time I stayed at one of those anonymous places. You don't see anyone. The driver drives into a private garage which is part of the apartment (kind of what a townhouse would be here in Los Angeles) You pay for everything when they pass you the bill in a little setup with a sliding door on each side. They leave you the change back in the little box. IT was hilarious. I felt like it was such a covert operation. I was like James Bond 007! LOL! I'm going to be back in Foz again from 12/18 - 12/23 so I'll report back what, if anything, has changed.

Was the 50$ pesos or dollars?

Did the house have anyother options like, spending the hour in the house, or a price scale 2hrs,3, night, etc?

Sounds like a hell of a place! Thanks for the heads up!

Lm

I have a vacation home in Cordoba, but spend at least a week in Foz Iguacu. I typically stay at Falls Galli since it is near Club Crystal. One night I got tired of the club and hopped into a cab and asked the driver where all the chicas were (it was funny trying to explain to a driver who only knew portugese this, even in my fluent spanish, until I said chicas and animated my hands to show a woman's curvy body! He got it quick though since he smiled big and answered "VERA'S!") LOL! If you want to see around 2 dozen of the most beautiful Brazilian women. Ask a cab driver to take you to Vera's. If he doesn't know what you are talking about, keep going until you find one that does. He'll know what you are talking about by the big smile on his face. He drives you to a large private home, the madam will give you the price rundown (around $50/ hour - USD is prefered and you pay her after you pick the girl) The girls come out one by one forming a huge lineup. She will point out the girls that have other girl "friends" there so I undoubtedly took two beauties for $100. Cab driver was happy because he Sat there watching the lineup with you waiting for you to select and get out. His expression as each girl came walking out was priceless. Once in the cab, you are driven to a nice anonymous hourly joint where it's like $25-$35 for a nice suite (I usually take the exec suites - huge rooms, king bed, jacuzzi, even a pole for the girls! Girls took around 1.5 hours - no time pressure and no limits. Room tab came to around $35 since the girls drank just about everything in the fridge, but no big deal - it was a blast and the girls had a great time! Cab driver waited in the private garage downstairs and we took the girls back home (both amorous all the way back too I might add) Driver took me back to the hotel, paid him $20 and did the same thing for the next 3 nights. Along the way, he did take me to a different place similar to Vera's since I told him I wanted to check out something different. Forgot the name, private house but less girls, less attractive, and when I mentioned I wanted two, the madam gave me a strange look - so we took off. Vera's. Definitely the place to go in Foz!

Private parties like this I have back home in Los Angeles usually cost me around the $800-$1000 mark so needless to say this was like being in heaven.

Recon

Arrived late last night, around 00:30. The flight with Gol was not too bad. I left SDU at 19:30. Had a two stop-overs. The female flight attendants were cuties.

Took a cab from the airport to my hotel. Cost 34 Reals. The fare was unmetered as you purchase a ticket at the airport taxi desk.

Hotel is situated on a spacious tree lined street, which reminds me of home. Area is not crowded with buildings, and people living on top of each other like Rio. For 40 Reals a night, it is definately worth it. Buffet breakfast this morning was excellent. The rooms were above avg. for Brasilian standards. If you plan to book a room here, call to make reservations. Showing up and asking for a room will cost you 75 Reals per night.

From intel gathered thus far, yes, they are checking visas entering Brasil. I also verified that there is a Brasilian Consulate in Puerto Iguzu, on Av. Guarani.

On My Way

Will be in Foz de Iguacu, Brasil tomorrow. My flight with Gol from Santos Dumont was around 240 Reals. Booked a room at the Del Rey for 40 Reals per night. Should be in town for a few days, then to BA!

If they are checking visas, get one. Try a Brasilian consulate in ARG. If I am not mistaken, there is one in Puerto Iguazu, ARG. As you know, visas are suppose to be issued by the consulate in your country of residence, however, it would not hurt to try. Don't forget to wear long pants, and if possible, a collared shirt. Speaking Portuguese would be very, very helpful.

Tri-border area Visa checks and passport stamps

In February 2005, the Missiones Province tourist office in Posadas told me it is no longer possible to cross over to Brazil without a visa. They said it also is not possible to take a shopping tour to Cuidad del Este in Paraguay from Argentina without the visas.

I didn't go to Puerto Iguazu because of this. I may visit the falls from Foz do Iguazu in Brazil the next time I am in Paraguay. In January 2005, you could still cross over from Paraguay into Foz do Iguazu without a visa. They did not check passports at the bridge.

If anyone has other direct info on the crossing from Argentina for shopping or tours, I would appreciate it.

Iguazu to Brasil

Checking for visas? That was my impression of Brazil. I didn't think they'd let you in without one. One time a former coworker of mine, a journalist for a business newspaper, was denied entry into Brazil because he didn't have a visa.

Actually, I think he only made it as far as Atlanta before Delta told him he'd need a visa to proceed. He hightailed it back home to the Midwest the next chance he had.

Puerto Iquazu, Argentina

Guys thanks for the info on Foz do Iquazu, Brazil. But I wanted know about the Argentina side. We found there is no street action, but do not know about the clubs. Found a taxi that says there apartment, but did not try. Some hotels will send chicas to your room.
    Crossing to Brazil, they are checking for Visas now.
    WT69

Iguazu

Thanks, Surfer,

Like I said, I didn't partake, so I didn't know for sure. (Incidentally, it was maté, the local tea, that gave me the runs, not some "mate" girl, just to clarify.)

The club was Cristal. I've never been with a true Brazilian woman. But in BAs, getting teabagged by a dark porteña wasn't so bad...

Like Surfer said, the falls are the main reason for visiting Iguazu. A beautiful sight to behold and experience. Thanks for the clarification.

To Correct SEVERAL Misimpressions Here

1. You CAN legally go to the Brazilian side without a visa for up to 72 hours. As of November 2002, the Brazilian border guards did not even check your passport though I was returning in a taxi from the Brazilian side which MIGHT be the reason. The Argentines DID check my passport going in and out.

2. Anybody staying at Puerto Iguazu (the Argentine side) should bring his own companion. The Sheraton, an ugly monstrosity which should NEVER have been allowed to be built in that location, is out by the falls themselves, but the action is on the other side of the river and you have to backtrack QUITE a ways to get to town where the bridge is.

3. Without opening a can of worms, IMHO Argentine chicas are simply not as sexually adventurous or skilled as Brasileras. Argentina has its advantages, but compared to Brasil hobbying is NOT one of them.

4. Cristal is the big club and it is closer to the falls than the Town of Foz do Iguazu. Quite expensive (Recoleta prices) but plush and lots of lookers. Geared for TLN. North of town is a private casa that was cheaper and which I liked better but forgot the name. There are also some good looking streetwalkers in Foz itself.

5. I wrote a report that I THINK is on WSG (Brasil/Iguazu), but I can email it to anybody who requests it via PM.

The reason to go is to the see one of the World's most impressive waterfalls (Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe is the other-Niagra is not in the same league at all). Tasting the Brasilera bunda is an added benefit, but if your priority is hobbying with Brasileras then Iguacu is not the best place to do it.

Regarding Iguazu

A couple years ago, I took a side trip to Iguazu during a business trip to BAs. The night I wanted to go out, I ended up with a case of mate-inspired runs, so I didn't partake in the vida nocturna. But some locals gave me a lowdown and I took a tour of the Brazil side the next day:

For like $25 or $40, I forget which, an Argentine cabbie will sneak you across the border to Brazil -- not much sneaking, he shares the bribe with a Brazilian border guard -- and drive you back. I went during the day to see Brazil's views of the falls, which are fairly magnifiicent. He gave me a fairly complete tour of that side.

The bordello isn't bad either, but it was closed on the Sunday I was there. I think the routine is that you pay maybe $100 U.S. for a girl, and then your cabbie drives you to a short-time hotel. The bordello/club I saw was pretty obvious from the road, a fairly commercial place, the local WhoresRUs, if you know what I mean. My guide was telliing me that he'd organized caravans of tourists to go to find Brazilian girls; he was rather proud of this feat, and I reckon I would be, too.

I was staying at the hotel right on the falls on the Argentine side, the Sheraton, I believe. If you speak a little Spanish, chances are you could score without paying, especially if you're into MILF action.

I talked to one monger in BAs who brought a girl from the city to Iguazu. She was appreciative enough that she didn't charge him for any of their time together on that trip. And I get the feeling that the folks in Iguazu wouldn't get all that judgmental about it.

Iguazu????

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69
    Come on guys, somebody must have been there. What places do you remember? Where are the Chicas?

Going on Sunday.

WT69
    If this is the place with the monsterous waterfalls, there is a thread in the Brazil section of the WSG. I may be mentioning a different place. I dont know.

If I am talking about the same place. The thread should be called Iguazu Falls.
    Maybe the Argentinians call it Iguaza, but I dont know. I could be off on a tangent.

Later, Rump Humper
    Last edited by Rump Humper; 03-26-05 at 04:58. Reason: spelling error

Posting Limitations