Thread: Argentina - Travel Information

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Jackson

RIO and BSA Package

Here is another package thru brol.com, includes hotel and may be extended.

http://www.brol.com/promo/riobueno/riobueno.asp

Quote Originally Posted by JustGotBack
    I'm going to BA in a few weeks and want to go to Rio for a couple of days. Is it cheaper to buy the fare "here" through Travelocity or buy it in BA at a travel agent? Right now it's about $300 with taxes roundtrip from EZE to GIG on travelocity.

travel to Brasil and BSA

Try varig, they have a special on a flight that goes thru RIO and BSA

www.varigbrasil.com/english/

Quote Originally Posted by JustGotBack
    I'm going to BA in a few weeks and want to go to Rio for a couple of days. Is it cheaper to buy the fare "here" through Travelocity or buy it in BA at a travel agent? Right now it's about $300 with taxes roundtrip from EZE to GIG on travelocity.
    Pelicano

Lan has some cheap prices, $479 LAX-EZE

Lan Peru (I think) has some decent prices to EZE out of LAX. Only some flights are eligible, but this seems a decent price. I think you can get AA miles on these too.

EZE to GIG, buy in the US or in BA?

Also worth considering if you are doing a few stops in Brazil is the TAM Mercosur airpass - their version of the well known airpass.

For example BA-Asuncion-Sao Paulo-Salvador-Manaus-Rio will be about $580. This airpass allows you 3 stops in addition to you entry and exit airports in Brazil. The above itinerary allows you another stop if you want it. It is mileage based. So another stop within the mileage band will not cost anymore. The airpass needs to be bought outside South America.

TAM do not appear to advertise and promote this, so the travel agents are not aware of this. Best to check and buy with TAM direct.

Brazil fans

Gol airlines will be flying from Buenos Aires to various destinations in Brazil, starting later this month. Gol is Brazil's answer to the no frills airlines (EasyJet etc).

http://www.voegol.com.br/espanhol/

The paint is still wet on this one, so you can only see the new flights on the Portuguese and Spanish web pages, not the English pages.

Regular prices on Gol are really not that cheap, but sometimes they have interesting specials. The cheapest I can see is about 500 pesos round trip.

For best results, book roundtrips and use the most popular airports
    Rio GIG and
    Sao Paulo GRU

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man
    I was able to arrange through Mayra a flight from BA to Santiago to Lima to Buenos Aires for $380. The killer is that it is only 20 kg so I have to pay extra. I carry many books. Travel light. It looks like I will have to pay $150 extra. $520 is not bad in my book. I am using both Lan Chile and Lan Peru.
    On airlines that have very tight luggage restrictions, I'd try carrying all your heavy stuff in your carryon. As long as it's a standard size, they may not weigh it.

The worst that could happen is you'd have to transfer it back to your checked luggage, I think.

8. 12-12-04 01:15

ATMs

Just an addition to the post on the 2004 board on ATMīs. I used the Citibank ATM in front of Galleria Pacifico and got 700 + 300 = 1,000 pesos in two successive withdrawals. So try this if you find other ATMīs to be temperamental.

Here's a special from Online Vacation Center that looked interesting for any of you contemplating a trip in February. There's a link at the bottom.
    have fun!
    ER

Buenos Aires Vacation Package
    OVC Exclusive Winter Getaway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6 Nights
    Includes Airfare and Hotel!
    DEPART USA: February 23 or March 2, 2005
    Six nights from $639 including air!
    http://www.onlinevacationcenter.com/...5B9&logid=6091

Great airfare site found! from argentina to US and within So. Amer.

I found a great site for buying fares originating in latin america. This is a problem we all have and their pricing is the best by far. If you are under 30 it is even better, but you don't have to be for some of their best fares. I was having problems with stays over 30 days and they have tickets for this that don't cost a ton more like the others. I got a ticket for 60 days travel starting on December 26th from Buenos Aires to Washington and return 2 months later for $694. It doesn't match my usual fare from Washington to BA for $520 RT but it is better than anywhere else. They also have good fares between south american cities.

Spanish only website.

http://www.asatej.net/menu/intro.htm

Lima to Buenos Aires

I was able to arrange through Mayra a flight from BA to Santiago to Lima to Buenos Aires for $380. The killer is that it is only 20 kg so I have to pay extra. I carry many books. Travel light. It looks like I will have to pay $150 extra. $520 is not bad in my book. I am using both Lan Chile and Lan Peru.

American vs Untied

Happy,

American is by far much more friendly when it comes to using your miles. If there is a seat available, it is yours. I use them to upgrade, and have never had a problem. Not to familiar with Untied, but if it is anything like Continental's program, it sucks.

BA Here I Cum Again

Just booked my flight for BA from LAX for about $800 from American. Can't wait to see Argentinas finest and hopefully Saint can find my apartment to buy so I don't have to make another trip later.

Or maybe its a better excuse to come back again.

Hope to hook up with you guys there this trip and see the Mansion.

United or American

United won't let me use my Mileage Plus miles for an economy ticket in January. They suck. Is American that stingy with their Advantage Miles tickets? Maybe it's time to switch...

Plane Flight:

No Mas,

I've travelled from Lima to BA on a couple of occasions. I do a search on Yahoo which uses Travelocity to find the lowest price. Be flexible with your search criteria with regards to when you want to fly. Most carriers departing from Lima to BA are similar in price which is around $400 US. I find this a little high when you consider you can fly roundtrip from Los Angeles to Lima for about $500. The taxes are almost double (close to if not over $100 in taxes and fees) when you fly out of the Lima airport compared to the US. If you have a choice, I'd go with Lan Chile/Lan Peru because of their great service, roomy planes, and their flight to BA is nonstop.

Late,

Judd

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations