Thread: 2004 Reports - Edited

+ Submit Report
Page 41 of 145 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 141 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    Under no circumstance carry around Bon Bon Ice-Creams . I tried it once and by the time I gave them to my chica at Blacks it had already melted in my pocket. I'm not kidding. Don't try carrying ice cream as gift unless you plan on getting rid of it quickly.

I hope this helps.

Starfe

Prices are going to go up if there are more tourists in Argentina.

Prices are going to stay flat if there in no increase or decrease.

Prices are going to go down if less tourists come to Argentina.

(You can substitute "tourist dollars" for "tourists")

In the words of Forrest Gump, that is all I have to say about that.

So maybe instead of bitching about overspenders, I should post some advice based on my experience on how to get better prices for pussy.

1) Learn to speak some Spanish.
    2) Be light hearted and funny, with a good attitude.
    3) Negotiate respectfully.
    4) Do some repeats with the ones you especially like.
    5) Think about the time of night you are in the boliche. You might be able to get a better deal shortly before closing time because a) it's a perishable product and b) she does not have to go back to the boliche so you may get more time for the same money.
    6) Always think in terms of pesos. Dollars? What are dollars? I don't have any dollars. We are in Argentina.
    7) Carry candy, bombones, alfajores, and similar items.
    8) Control your weight, brush your teeth, comb your hair, change your clothes, use deodorant, etc.
    9) Don't say you are here on vacation. Say you are working here for an unspecified length of time. This is not a lie. You are working on getting better prices for pussy!
    10) See #1.
    11) Don't wear expensive jewelry or overly fancy clothes.
    12) Tell them the price you are offering is for the first session and you might be willing to pay slightly more if and when you repeat with them.
    13) Learn to eat pussy effectively.
    14) Learn some god damn Spanish already.
    15) Buy Dickhead drinks and dinner; this will improve your karma.

Hope that helps.

I thought it might help if some of you people had the opportunity to show how well you understand the concepts being discussed here.

----------------QUOTES-------------------------
    Knuckhead 09-03-04

Of particularly excellent value is the fixed price lunch menu, a terrific deal at 36 pesos for two courses or 48 pesos for a 3 course luncheon.

Sterling V and I had lunch there about two weeks ago, taking the two course meal and ordering the desert a-la-carte. All courses were superb, and the attentive waitstaff kept our wine glasses full at all time. We wrapped thing up with espresso and desert, and the total damage was about AR$105. Unbelievable!!

Aragorn 07-08-04

American investment has resurrected this faded beauty with a great new interior and impeccable service.
    The good news stops there.
    Prices are sky high.
    Onion soup 12 pesos. Two lamb chops, little meat and a lot of fat 50 pesos.
    Quality is mediocre at best. My companions lomo was flavorless and overcooked.
    Dessert menu was uninspired. Wine list had a 200% mark up.

OttoGraham 05-06-04

Excellent service, with a price somewhat below its pricier parrilla neighbor, Cabana Las Lilas (which is excellent too, just not quite as good a value for money).

Grshel1 04-18-04

I had a fantastic meal Sunday afternoon at Lola´s in Recoleta. Many of you think this may be a bit of an expensive place but let me tell you what I got for 32 pesos.

OttoGraham 01-23-04

I had an excellent sushi combination, my companions an excellent rack of lamb and a tenderloin in phyllo dough in a manner reminiscent of Beef Wellington. With 3 or 4 glasses of wine mixed in, the tab came to about 120 pesos for the three of us. We all thought our dishes were excellent.

One Tree Hill 12-21-03

The four of us had full meals - desserts from the menu, a bottle of wine for the chicas and 4 beers for the guys. Total bill was 120 pesos! About $10 USD each. I expected it to be about double that.

Very classy inside, the chicas liked it and the cost was great. I reccommend it. Good value.

AmanteLondres 12-17-03

We had a terriffic meal, excellent service, good size portions and fab. wine and a great place to take a chica. I went with an old GF. The bill came to 160 pesos.Compared to most reports on this site it is expensive but in Europe you'd pay around $us 160.
    ---------------END QUOTES-----------------------

Now, suppose there were only 15 restaurants in BA. Suppose there were no menus, and the only way to determine dishes available and prices charged was this forum, or accept what the waiters quoted verbally to you. But you had the ability to negotiate with the waiter.

Now, then suppose that some of the restaurant owners here started to become aware of US-Europe prices, and started teaching the waiters how to charge more to Gringos, because they knew nothing of the true situation in BA.

Now, suppose that the tourists that came started paying US-Europe prices without question when asked, paying excessive and unnecessary cover and service charges, then tipping 50-200% of the excessive price then paid? Many because they were simply too lazy to research the reviews available in the forum, many because "What the hell. I'm on vacation and I might as well spend what I can afford.". And they posted questions like: "I don't know anything but don't want to look at all the posts so can you just tell me which restaurants are the best and cheapest? I eat in New York all the time and will use that experience to guide me."

The tipping is a further example of how escalation works without price lists. I can remember when a good USA tip was 10%, then 15%, 20% and now I am seeing travel guides(always the trend setters) pushing 25% and more.

So, the next time you return the starting asking prices are higher, service charges more excessive, service and food worse? How would you feel about the use of the review information? What types of things would you suggest might be done about it? Swearing you would never answer another stupid question? Swearing you would never introduce another restaurant to the tourists for them to ruin? The creation of menus here perhaps?

A primary difference between this industry and restaurants is that there are no menus. That is why I have always pleaded for postings in more of a menu format, and less attention to self serving descriptions of the WAY IN WHICH YOU ATE THE MEAL(again I would reference Dodger Bulldog's list, and Andres' format). That, gentlemen, is the issue to me, and you will see that all of my postings have been oriented toward these ideas. It is that simple.

True, this is a well flogged issue. Somehow, it has a life of its own. This issue will drop soon but it is sure to return as everyone has an opinion on it. It is certainly worth hearing these opinions. I for one, am not tired of reading these; but perhaps we should move on.

Amen Exon. It's all about having fun. People need to take money out of the equation sometimes. Life is too damn short guys. I have so many examples like Exon gave from all over the world. The memories I have made are truly priceless. Do you think when you are in the hospital, or sitting on your rocking chair when you're an old man you are going to be worried about that extra few bucks you spent. I doubt it. I don't know about you but I'll be thinking about all the great fun I had.

In my old line of work, I came across so many people that had so much money. Many worked all their lives, didn't take time to stop and enjoy life. Over the past 9 years, 3 of them died, believe it or not on their first day of retirement on a beach. Life is short. You can't spend this money when you're dead.

Glad you had fun Exon. That's what this whole thing we're doing is all about.

Retired Member

Exon Reporting: Price

The end of this past July was my last day of a two week stay in Buenos Aires.

I was sound a sleep with " Wood " in my hotel room in the Las De Americas Hotel just up the street from the Dazzler on Libertad, it was 9:00 am in the morning.

There was a knock on the door I got up and opened the door and there stood Maria Paula looking like a million bucks in cash. She immediately started on me with a blow job, (BBBJ Of Course) and we continued to fuck for about the next two hours. After I shot my last load of the trip, (all over her belly i might add ), it was time to clean up take showers, pack for the trip home too sex prison and settle up with Maria Paula.

In the Hotel saftey deposit box I had just $300 hundred dollars in US cash and about $175 Argentine peso's in my pocket. Maria Paula and I have never decussed money or price Ive alway's just given her that was fair plus maybe a little extra.

This morning I gave her a $100 in US cash, stateing " this is for Fideil Castro" as she was leaving for Cuba the next day for personal reasons and $175 peso's stating " This is for Maria Paula mi Amor" she burst out lafying.

As I checked out of the Hotel I cashed the second US hundred dollar bill for peso's and I took Maria Paula to El Marisol for lunch. Leaving me with just a hundred dollar bill in US cash for the long trip home.

After lunch Maria and I window shopped checked the internet and our e-mail before I finally got Anna, ( our offical WSG driver on the phone) for transportation to the airport. Anna was at the Manson as she had just picked up Captain Dave coming in from the USA. Great as I wanted to say good by to Jackson and hello to the "Captain" before leaving and this was a great chance for Maria to see the Manson. So we took a cab out to the Manson.

We hung around for a couple hours and then it was time to head for the airport for if I checked in early I had a good shot at a first class up grade, ( I ended up with business class ), and I wanted to buy smokes to take home with me because there so much cheaper in B.A.

When we got to the airport I said I'd buy us all dinner. There's a pretty good restraunt in the airport that most Mongers don't know about but Maria Paula sure did and she lead us all in their.

After dinner and in paying the bill I found I had about 125 Peso's left of the hunderd dollar bill I had cashed earlier in the morning at the Hotel. I gave Anna $65 peso's, her regular fee of $45 plus a $20 peso tip for driving Maria Paula home. The other $60 peso's I gave to Maria in front of Anna stateing "por mi Amor".

So in essance I had given Maria Paula the $100 US, say about $300 peso's plus $175 pesos, plus another $60 peso's for a total of about $535 peso's or $178 US dollars for over 12 hours of her company. That less than $15 US dollars per hour for the company of someone I really do love and enjoy being with. ( I have two or three other girls in B.A. I feal the same way about ).

Did I over pay, maybe from some Mongers perspective, but not from mine. I had the companionship of someone I truly enjoy being with, we both had fun being with one another and she needs the money a hell of a lot more I do. Plus I had come to Buenos Aires to have fun and it costs money to have fun. So I spend my money accordingly, it was allocated to have fun with before I left the USA.

So my point being is that all of us come to Buenos Aires to have fun. If you see a girl in Black or Madaho's that costs $300 ar. dollars pay it as you may never have another chance at a women that has caught your eye like that. And in the same breath I'll state "it doesn't take any brains to spend money", and as Jackson has always stated price and service have nothing to do with each other.

Mongering Tips From Exon.

Getting away from flogging for a minute.

I might get away for Halloween weekend for a nice quick jaunt to my favorite city South of the Border. Any recollections by you fellows of Halloween parties? Or haven't the Portenos discovered the joys of dressing up as Count Dracula yet?

Uncle Otto

Rio Cabana is near 5000 Cordoba near Cordoba and Cerrano. Something helpful to note is once you become a client there they will let you call a girl and pull her out without even going there if you know her name. The atmosphere is to be desired if you like a party environment there but as I've posted before, it's not a place you go to spend hours and hours. Usually it's good for a quick drink then to pull a girl out. It is nice there because it's not smoky and quite with decent lighting so you can actually have a conversation with the girl. Be careful though to specify that you want to take them back to your apartment. I thought it was a given but one time this girl thought I just wanted to take her to some short term hotel they use down the street. She came out in her jacket and her skimpy little outfit but I didn't notice till we got in the car since her jacket was covering her clothes.

Dodger Bulldog, totally no offense taken. I just wanted to correct you when you said that I don't hit the other lower-tier clubs. I've hit them several times. I've hit some places that most on the board probably have never been to. My funniest experience in BA is still when my buddies Kickstand and UWPhoto and I went to this club in the middle of nowhere. At first they let us in then they kicked us out. My amigos were pulling me out by the arm since I was sitting there arguing with the doorman. Oh well. Lots of good times here in BA. And no, I wasn't saying your girls were ugly. I only meant to say that several girls told me they also worked at Black, Madaho, whatever club. Just because they tell me that I don't necessarily believe them.

Totally take where they work out of the equation. A line like, "I also work at Black", shouldn't make them more valuable just on those words alone. Pay what you think a girl is worth and if she is too expensive or asking too much just pass. I do it all the time. Just don't pass judgement on everyone else. I think Slick1 made an excellent point when he said that the hot girls take a lesson from all you paying some of these other girls 150 pesos. I agree with Jackson and others when they say there is no correlation on price and performance. However, I would say that a truly beautiful model type usually will cost more.

Have fun fellas.

Apologies for interrupting the flogging, but could somebody confirm the address of Rio Cabana as Cordoba 4950? This place is open during the day isnt it?

Also...I read somewhere on the board of a boliche called L'Prive....is the address of that Av.San Martin 6101?

many thanks

MH.

I am a newbie to Argentina, been traveling to Asia , I want strictly blondes , thin, and 18 -25, what country is best and how do I elimanate looking at dozens before I get what I want, price is an object but I am willing to splurge (200 all night max ) to get what I want. I usually go for one month. I appreciate any imput from more experienced mongers

So long as some people here continue to criticize others for drilling anything that costs more than 150 pesos, I am with you, Chup! We don't all want to swim in the ditch and live like the Latino Beverly Hillbillies when we go on vacation! (If you want to do that, more power to you - but please don't whack on me and the many others who don't share your preferences!)

Uncle Otto

I vote for more horse-flogging!!!

I can think of only a few regular posters on this forum who *can* leave it alone. Everyone has to be, "Can't we just leave it alone". It will take days before everyone is bored enough, or forgets enough to let it lie.

Everyone has different tastes. I hate it when guys pay $300 an hour for a $100 girl. To me it just muddies the water. However, I've posted on it way too many times to add anything new to this old discussion.

As we've learned, posting "Mission Accomplished" too early has very bad effects.

Saint, I guess you took some offense. It wasn't intended.

If you can lump those two chicas in the photo with your comment on "ugly" girls, I guess we can only say to each his own.

I guess that everyone can take a look and judge for himself.

They sure turned my ass on.

DB

Posting Limitations