Thread: Spanish Lessons / Language Schools

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Laura

I had dinner with her on my last night there last week. We get together for dinner when I am in town.

I had taken a few classes from her in the past. But, not lately. I am too lazy.

She has been a translator in New York and San Francisco.

She is a friend of TLs.

Her prices for returning students are 250p an hour, for new students it is 300p an hour.

She prefers that you to email her and not call her first. saslavsky.l@gmail.com.

Quote Originally Posted by BayBoy  [View Original Post]
    On my recent trip to Buenos Aires I had 2 Spanish class lessons from Laura Saslavsky. Good classes, I learned a lot of new Spanish words and also Argentine Spanish too. We had conversational speaking classes; no grammar, punctuation or spelling. Just speaking. Some of the subjects we hit: politics, Juan and Evita Peron, Macri, the Subte, McDonalds, tourists, people in general etc. They were good classes, got some important info about BA, and it was fun. She lives on Rivadavia St. Its 250 pesos per hour. Phone: 156 370 2985.

Laura

On my recent trip to Buenos Aires I had 2 Spanish class lessons from Laura Saslavsky. Good classes, I learned a lot of new Spanish words and also Argentine Spanish too. We had conversational speaking classes; no grammar, punctuation or spelling. Just speaking. Some of the subjects we hit: politics, Juan and Evita Peron, Macri, the Subte, McDonalds, tourists, people in general etc. They were good classes, got some important info about BA, and it was fun. She lives on Rivadavia St. Its 250 pesos per hour. Phone: 156 370 2985.

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    If you can tell a chika how you you like your BBBJ in Spanish, you are bilingual.

Tres3.
    Chulpame mamasita! . But my Spanish is the only thing that sucks! LOL.

You are Bilingual IF.

If you can tell a chika how you you like your BBBJ in Spanish, you are bilingual.

Tres3.

Translator

Guys, what I have been using like a charm is a professional translator program for my android phone called "prompt translator". I got the paid version because it is fully downloaded to your phone and it is offline. That way you do not need a data signal in order to use it.

Best way to learn is 24/7 with a chica who doesn't speak a word of english. And you commit not to speak english or listen to english spoken until you are satisfied with your spanish.

It's about motivation. You REALLY want to enjoy effective communication so you pick it up very quickly.

I grew up speaking Spanish and English so I do have an advantage. It amazes me that anyone goes to a country 10x and comes back with a vocabulary that consists of 12 words, 10 of which relate to the hobby. Get involved with a school, take a class, hire a tutor. It pays for itself. You'll get involved with a different kind of chica and you'll find you use your head instead of your wallet to get the chicas. You'll also be able to stay away from the English speaking women who charge 850AR (plus taxi). The biggest advantage I've found on speaking the lingo is that you can get outside the Gringo Circle when you want. For instance, I have not visited Madaho's in the last 4-5 visits even though it was 300 feet from my apt. I find this unadvertised tier of chicas/pussy a better option.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteCat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman  [View Original Post]
    You're right about Jerry. This is his maid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NUrXnQi-pM
    Thanks Sportsman! I must have missed that episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    I stand corrected! Jerry banged a maid? Very un-Jerry like. He seemed to be more into JAPS and uppity shiksas.
    You're right about Jerry. This is his maid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NUrXnQi-pM

Laura

Laura, the profesora. She Speaks English.

No Pressure. Cell 156 370 2985 or home 4382 6031.

saslavsky.l@gmail.com "Laura Saslavsky" <saslavsky.l@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Tim  [View Original Post]
    Sunseeker,

Pimsleur is a great way of improving pronunciation but you need to invest in a Spanish grammer book to learn the various conjugations. There's no "miracle" learning method IMHO. Hard work=progress, it's that simple. There is a good school on Las Heras between Ayachucho and Junin that I attended once. Morning classroom sessions followed by practice sessions about town in restaurants, etc. Instructors were hotties as I recall. If you're serious PM me and I'll try to dig up the details.

Good Luck!

TT

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman  [View Original Post]
    George banged the cleaning lady from his office in the episdoe Tequila Tim described. Jerry had a maid whom became his girlfriend. She made his bed and then took a nap in it.
    I stand corrected! Jerry banged a maid? Very un-Jerry like. He seemed to be more into JAPS and uppity shiksas.

Sunseeker,

Pimsleur is a great way of improving pronunciation but you need to invest in a Spanish grammer book to learn the various conjugations. There's no "miracle" learning method IMHO. Hard work=progress, it's that simple. There is a good school on Las Heras between Ayachucho and Junin that I attended once. Morning classroom sessions followed by practice sessions about town in restaurants, etc. Instructors were hotties as I recall. If you're serious PM me and I'll try to dig up the details.

Good Luck!

TT

Thanks for all the info guys. I will have to check them out. I never got into Seinfeld so I don't know the episode but got a good laugh when it popped into my head as I was reading the posts.

I had read the post about Laura but didn't know if it was still valid due to it's age. Happy ending not required LOL. Thanks for the update on her TL.

Talking with the chica last night was good but the dictionary certainly came in handy! I'm using Pimsleur right now but it is mostly conversations and doesn't start at the basics, alphabet, numbers, days, months etc. I find I keep falling into my portuguese when I can't come up with the word I am looking for. And of course I can't understand worth shit! LOL.

The language schools here are all around $195 USD per 20 hour week and the chica from last night is going to check UBA for me on Monday.

And the pizza last night was, ok. Filled the pit LOL.
    Last edited by SunSeeker; 06-24-12 at 10:26. Reason: spelling

Whoa, got to give George his due. Georgie was the one banging the maid.
    George banged the cleaning lady from his office in the episdoe Tequila Tim described. Jerry had a maid whom became his girlfriend. She made his bed and then took a nap in it.

Whoa, got to give George his due. Georgie was the one banging the maid.
    I remember the maid, she was from Panama and was entralled by the cashmer sweater that George gave her. Until the stain was notice. Then all hell broke loose. She was hot though!

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations