Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Do you Want to Learn Spanish

New Video out.

Ladron.

Perfect for us Gringos.

LARDRON. Or To Rob A Thief.

Funny.

If you do not understand, Ask Laura, the profesora. See my posts. She loves Bailar (to dance!) She Speaks English better than you or I. She understands the English Queens English. Not the U. S.'s King's English. But I have been helping her with Our English.

Come on $16. For an hour and 15 min. Is cheap. No Pressure, she knows that you are in B. A. To party. She could be a Guide. cell 156 370 2985 or home 4382 6031.
    Party while learning spanish.

saslavsky.l@gmail.com "Laura Saslavsky" <saslavsky.l@gmail.com>

WT69

Quote Originally Posted by Facundo
    Spoke with the woman who answered the telephone and she told me classes start the 3rd of March. However, she also told me, with an insecure voice, the placement test could be taken on the third of March.

Suerte.
    Muchas gracias! I suspect the placement test is actually the week before, so that would be Feb. 27. Though may not be necessary for those taking the Elementary Level course.

Quote Originally Posted by Salving123
    Hello - I tried calling that number, but got only Spanish replies, and hard to communicate knowing no Spanish!

If someone knows Spanish and can call the above number - I've a flyer that also says ask for extension 103/151 and that they are open 10AM to 8PM - I was told to call back in the afternoon though! - and find out exact dates for March class, would really appreciate it.

These guys have classes that start every month on a Monday - and they have a exam on a Wed before that.

So, the March 2008 class probably starts on Mar 3 or Mar 10, with placement test on Feb. 27 or Mar 5. If someone can confirm the exact date, would really appreciate it.
    Spoke with the woman who answered the telephone and she told me classes start the 3rd of March. However, she also told me, with an insecure voice, the placement test could be taken on the third of March.

Suerte.

Someone help with calling IES Lenguas?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky
    If you want inexpensive, try "I. E. S. Lenguas Vivas" at Carlos Pellegrini 1515 in BsAs, phone 54 11 4322 3992. I cannot speak about the school from personal experience, but a friend told me the classes are "okay" and cost $400 pesos for 4 weeks, 4 hours per day, 5 days per week. Compared to other schools with high internet visibility, that is an excellent price point. The last time I checked, I. L. E. E. In BsAs was charging U$D 200 per week for the same number of hours of instruction.
    Hello - I tried calling that number, but got only Spanish replies, and hard to communicate knowing no Spanish!

If someone knows Spanish and can call the above number - I've a flyer that also says ask for extension 103/151 and that they are open 10AM to 8PM - I was told to call back in the afternoon though! - and find out exact dates for March class, would really appreciate it.

These guys have classes that start every month on a Monday - and they have a exam on a Wed before that.

So, the March 2008 class probably starts on Mar 3 or Mar 10, with placement test on Feb. 27 or Mar 5. If someone can confirm the exact date, would really appreciate it.

Thanks guy for the recomendations. UBA sounds great as I will be arriving about the right time to start the courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Facundo
    I think the best school to study castellano is the University of Buenos Aires.
    UBA is great and also a great value, but the courses run on a regular schedule like most universities. The previous semester began in August and is now ending and there will not be any summer classes until January, and even then sometimes you get locked out of classes. If you need flexibility, you'll have to use one of the private schools or a tutor. The price of the private schools can get pretty expensive and the quality varies. They also try to upsell you a lot with tours and tango shows and all that crap. Until such time as you can secure a spot at UBA, you might want to try the Buenos Aires Center:

http://www.buenosairescentre.com.ar

Or you might want to try the Club Cultural del Espaņol en Buenos Aires:

http://www.vosbuenosaires.com/?lang=en

I don't think they represent a very good value, but if you can't wait a few months it might be worth it for you. You can also go for like a week and see if it's for you, and that doesn't necessarily represent a large investment.

Craigslist is also lousy with people offering tutoring:

http://buenosaires.craigslist.org/lss/

Quote Originally Posted by Xen2002
    Hi I am going to be coming to Buenos Aires for six months and am looking for a language school. My Spanish will be at about mid begginer and I'm looking to be able to speak to a decent level before I leave but don't need to be able to write or spell etc. Ideally I'm looking for a 4 week course for up to 4 hours a day with people around my age (23) bracket. Any recomendations? Thanks
    I think the best school to study castellano is the University of Buenos Aires. The courses are thought by profesors, are intensive, and inexpensive. I took seven one month intensive courses and feel I can speak and write as well as the locals. Also, you will be studying with mostly young females from the USA, Europe and Asia.

http://www.idiomas.filo.uba.ar/extra...xtranjeros.htm

Suerte

Quote Originally Posted by Xen2002
    Hi I am going to be coming to Buenos Aires for six months and am looking for a language school. My Spanish will be at about mid begginer and I'm looking to be able to speak to a decent level before I leave but don't need to be able to write or spell etc. Ideally I'm looking for a 4 week course for up to 4 hours a day with people around my age (23) bracket. Any recomendations? Thanks
    A few of my clients have used this and were quiet satisfied:

http://www.spanish-time.com.ar/

Hi,

I am going to be coming to Buenos Aires for six months and am looking for a language school. My Spanish will be at about mid begginer and I'm looking to be able to speak to a decent level before I leave but don't need to be able to write or spell etc. Ideally I'm looking for a 4 week course for up to 4 hours a day with people around my age (23) bracket. Any recomendations? Thanks

Spanish Lessons

I took lessons from Laura, cell 156 370 2985 or home 4382
    6031, and will continue next week when I get there.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...ead.php?t=1940

Quote Originally Posted by Orang05
    I apologize in advance if I am startiong a "new thread" when there is an "old thread" around on this subject somewhere in the forums. Sorry - I just could not find one.

In mid-October I'll be coming to be. A. For several months and am intent on -- among other things -- improving my conversational Castellano. I am probably classified as a "maybe-mid-level-beginner," having had some language experiences in Spanish-speaking countries over the years (including AR) having finished 2 of the Pimsleur (CD-based) courses and one-third of the Rosetta Spanish suite (DVD-based) and having had a private tutor [native speaker from Chile] in the US for 2 hours per week during this immediately-past summer. I have a pretty fair background in other romance languages, and can make my way through a general readership publication in Spanish [e. G. Newspaper, pop magazine] sufficiently well for my purposes. I really want instruction and direction on the general conversation end, the better to practice with and gain better language proficiency in my other be. A. Activities. Small classes (3-6) or ptrivate lessons 4-8 hours / week would be perfect.

Any of you gents have any suggestions or recommendations for this in Buenos Aires based on personal experience or trusted recommendations?

Gracias, obrigado e merci, senors!

Spanish (Castellano) Lessons

I apologize in advance if I am startiong a "new thread" when there is an "old thread" around on this subject somewhere in the forums. Sorry - I just could not find one.

In mid-October I'll be coming to B. A. For several months and am intent on -- among other things -- improving my conversational Castellano. I am probably classified as a "maybe-mid-level-beginner," having had some language experiences in Spanish-speaking countries over the years (including AR) having finished 2 of the Pimsleur (CD-based) courses and one-third of the Rosetta Spanish suite (DVD-based) and having had a private tutor [native speaker from Chile] in the US for 2 hours per week during this immediately-past summer. I have a pretty fair background in other romance languages, and can make my way through a general readership publication in Spanish [e. G. Newspaper, pop magazine] sufficiently well for my purposes. I really want instruction and direction on the general conversation end, the better to practice with and gain better language proficiency in my other be. A. Activities. Small classes (3-6) or ptrivate lessons 4-8 hours / week would be perfect.

Any of you gents have any suggestions or recommendations for this in Buenos Aires based on personal experience or trusted recommendations?

Gracias, obrigado e merci, senors!

Spanish Lessons

Here is series called Destinos. It is from the College of San Mateo in the San Francisco Bay Area.

It is on Monday to Friday at 2pm Pacific Savings Time.

But you can watch online at this site.

http://www.learner.org/resources/series75.html

Nice Quote

Great first post, but you are saying what?

Are you interested in Learning Spanish? And coming to B.A. to do both?

I think if I posted this I would just delete it, and try to post something more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James
    Learning spanish gives you something to do between binge screwing.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69
    Are you going to Argentina to learn Spanish or to have fun.

These courses are for those that do not know why they are going to B. A. All these classes are for learning Spanish only. Nothing wrong with that. But that means lots of studying and homework, no time for sseexx.

Private lessons can be geared to fit your plans, are the best way.

Mine worked fine, how else was I able to call and visit most of the Privados?

Thank You, Laura. I will return for more private Lessons. Oh, yes just lessons, sex is after class, but not with the teacher.

P. S. Thank you, Yujin. You said it. The right teacher and course related matter.
    Learning spanish gives you something to do between binge screwing.

School or Fun?

Are you going to Argentina to learn Spanish or to have fun.

These courses are for those that do not know why they are going to B. A. All these classes are for learning Spanish only. Nothing wrong with that. But that means lots of studying and homework, no time for sseexx.

Private lessons can be geared to fit your plans, are the best way.

Mine worked fine, how else was I able to call and visit most of the Privados?

Thank You, Laura. I will return for more private Lessons. Oh, yes just lessons, sex is after class, but not with the teacher.

P.S. Thank you, Yujin. You said it. The right teacher and course related matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SexMachine
    Hi guys.

I am planning on taking spanish lessons and considering the following schools for a 4 week intensive course -

1. I. E. S. Lenguas - Price is 450 Pesos. Best price but 12 students in a class.

2. BASI-Spanish - $ 360 with max. 4 students.

3. Estudio - $ 540 with max. 4 students.

4. ILBASS - $ 400 with Max. 3 students.

5. Buenos Aires Centre - $ 590 with max. 5 students.

6. Lucem - $ 540.00 with max. 4 students.

Has anybody ever taken any lessons from any of these schools? I can't decide which school to attend.

Any input on either of these schools or any other good school will be appreciated and I will see you guys soon.

SM

Posting Limitations