Thread: Spanish Lessons / Language Schools

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Four or five years ago, I attended IBL, but I took private lessons. http://www.ibl.com.ar/ingles/AB_AboutIbl.asp

The teacher was excellent.

Since you're going to be there for 4 weeks, you should wait until you get there to make a decision. The location and facilities are important. You don't want to sign up for a school that has excessive outside noise, e. G. Construction work and / or traffic. The school should also let you sit in on a class to see if you like it. Sometimes the vibs aren't right with the wrong teachers, wrong textbooks, wrong student mix, wrong everything. Don't feel pressured to sign up without checking out as many schools as you can. Whatever you do, don't pay in advance for more than a week. This gives you some flexibility to change schools.

Quote Originally Posted by SexMachine
    Hi guys.

I am planning on taking spanish lessons and considering the following schools for a 4 week intensive course -

1. I. E. S. Lenguas - Price is 450 Pesos. Best price but 12 students in a class.

2. BASI-Spanish - $ 360 with max. 4 students.

3. Estudio - $ 540 with max. 4 students.

4. ILBASS - $ 400 with Max. 3 students.

5. Buenos Aires Centre - $ 590 with max. 5 students.

6. Lucem - $ 540.00 with max. 4 students.

Has anybody ever taken any lessons from any of these schools? I can't decide which school to attend.

Any input on either of these schools or any other good school will be appreciated and I will see you guys soon.

SM

Does anybody know these language schools?

Hi guys.

I am planning on taking spanish lessons and considering the following schools for a 4 week intensive course -

1. I. E. S. Lenguas - Price is 450 Pesos. Best price but 12 students in a class.

2. BASI-Spanish - $ 360 with max. 4 students.

3. Estudio - $ 540 with max. 4 students.

4. ILBASS - $ 400 with Max. 3 students.

5. Buenos Aires Centre - $ 590 with max. 5 students.

6. Lucem - $ 540.00 with max. 4 students.

Has anybody ever taken any lessons from any of these schools? I can't decide which school to attend.

Any input on either of these schools or any other good school will be appreciated and I will see you guys soon.

SM

Not to usurp

But I also have a pretty good tutor. I wouldn't use her as a teacher as she has no course material. However if you want to work with somebody outside of lessons you may be taking she's great for that and at 20 pesos an hour a real bargain.

No she is not on the program.

Thumbs up Private Lessons

I have taken many classes in Spanish. I am still too hard headed to learn much, but these private Spanish lessons are really helping to better negotiate with the chicas. I find it nice when I have a problem she can explain it to me in English.

She was born and raised in Buenos Aires.

Besides S. F. Laura also went to school in New York to learn English. She teaches at many bars and restaurants.

She has credentials from many language schools.

She charges 50p for an hour and 15 minutes, but has sometimes gone past the time.
    She uses course materials to fit your needs. If you want homework she will give you some. She realizes that you are on vacation so there is no pressure.

Her new email is saslavsky.l@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69
    If anyone is interested in private lessons I will recommend this nice Profesora.

Laura Saslavsky.

156 370 2985

saslavsky@sinectis. Com. Ar

She speaks perfect English. She speaks it as good as me, because we both learned it in the same city. San Francisco.

Besides English she speaks a few others.

Oy!

Quote Originally Posted by Flexible Horn
    I'm yet to meet any American who speaks perfect English, does one exist?

That includes you Daddy Rulz.
    Just because you have that cockinmouth accent and grew up listening to some damn bells doesn't make you an expert.

From the OXFORD dictionary.

SCREEN-a frame with fine wire netting used in a window or doorway to keep out flying insects.

King's English

Not that gibberish Queen's English you speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexible Horn

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69

She speaks perfect English. She speaks it as good as me, because we both learned it in the same city. San Francisco.

Private Lessons

If anyone is interested in private lessons I will recommend this nice Profesora.

Laura Saslavsky.

156 370 2985

saslavsky@sinectis.com.ar

Besides English she speaks a few others.

I do

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomus
    A friend from the U. S. Wants to come here to learn the language, culture, etc. She wants to stay in the city. Has anyone had any experiences?

Thanks for your help!
    If you want inexpensive, try "I. E. S. Lenguas Vivas" at Carlos Pellegrini 1515 in BsAs, phone 54 11 4322 3992. Cost $400 pesos for 4 weeks, 4 hours per day, 5 days per week Mon-Fri 14:00-18:00.

I took the preliminary course last November. They are good. Later on December and January I was dating non pros in Colombia and could hold decent conversation for hours.

El Greco

Try this place!

I went to this school on two occasions for three weeks at a time and was very pleased with the instruction. It is not the least expensive, but reasonably priced and I thought worth the money. You can P. M. For more details if you wish. I would and most likely will attend again in the future.

www.ilee.com.ar
    Last edited by Sky Ryder; 11-06-06 at 21:14. Reason: spelling

Retired Member

Angry

Yea have her stay at Cafe Excerda, what a foolish question for this forum.

Exon

Does anyone know of a good immersion program for learning spanish?

A friend from the U. S. Wants to come here to learn the language, culture, etc. She wants to stay in the city. Has anyone had any experiences?

Thanks for your help!

El Grandote.

Ah, I wish indeed that I could take credit for the body of that report. Way at the top I noted that it was from another forum that I read occassionally. I found it to be enlightening and thought others would enjoy it so I did a copy / paste. Sorry for the confusion.

Hound

Thumbs up Kudos to Hound

Hound that was very impressive the way you examined and explained the dialect variations. I have been speaking Spanish for about 45 years and still have trouble keeping all the dialect straight. My Spanish sometimes comes out sounding Italian or some other form of Spanish. Anyway great job with the analysis report.

El G

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob 7
    Maybe this should be its own thread but I am not sure.
    If you look under "General Information > Language Schools or Spanish Phrases," there's already an existing thread. It's real confusing when someone starts a new thread on an existing subject.

Posting Limitations