Thread: General Restaurant Reports

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Neighborhood Parrilla

I'll be back in BA in about 10 days, so I'm trying to gather some current information.

It's been 5 years since I lived there permanently and I remember during my last visit (early 2010) that several of my old hangouts were gone.

I'm looking for a replacement for El Yugo that formerly existed on Ayacucho and Las Heras. I know a lot of you guys remember it, but for those who don't, it was just a mid-range, informal Argentine parrilla with maybe 4 waiters. You could get a decent bife de chorizo, matambrito de cerdo, provoleta and some wine with pretty good service for an average price.

One might think that this kind of place exists on every corner in BA but it doesn't. The old location is less than 2 blocks from Recoleta Village, but I consider that a tourist area.

Any suggestions for places within 5 blocks?

Replacements for Affaire Pueyrredon (another casual local place, but a "caberet") are also welcome! I'll probably post something in that area.

Many Thanks,

Moore

Thank you. I will try these restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Go  [View Original Post]

http://www.argentinaindependent.com/...-restaurants-/

Or checkout saltshaker. Net for lots of food info about BA.

My experience with BA seafood is that the range and quality of options isn't that great compared to lots of other countries.

Seafood Options

http://www.argentinaindependent.com/...-restaurants-/

Or checkout saltshaker. Net for lots of food info about BA.

My experience with BA seafood is that the range and quality of options isn't that great compared to lots of other countries.

Guia oleo

Is indeed a good help. Better rated restaurants are normally good and bad restaurants as well.

I enjoy the curry in Gibraltar, but I not an experienced Indian food eater. Mumbay is supposed to be good, but I haven't been there in ages.

I think the restaurant on the pier near Aeroparque is supposed to be the best seafood restaurant in the city but I also heard it's expensive and have never been there

When my mom was in town she rarely enjoyed the salmon, probally the best way forward is check out Guia oleo and go for the best or one of the best

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Psyche  [View Original Post]
    Do anyone know good seafood restaurants in BA? Thanks a lot!
    Two years ago, or maybe three, there was a place which at least one guy here recommended. Sorry, I don't remember the name of the restaurant or the name of the guy who recommended it. It should show up in a search but you will also get hits on questions similar to yours.

Guía Oleo has an advanced search function which allows you to search by type of food (http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/busqueda/avanzada).

There's a place on Las Heras which sells (what appears to be) fresh seafood and there is supposed to be a restaurant upstairs. It's within a few blocks of Las Heras and Austria.

In my experience even nicer restaurants which have salmon on the menu. It's not likely to be fresh salmon and won't be very well prepared.

Bob

Seafood reastaurants

Do anyone know good seafood restaurants in BA? Thanks a lot!

Anyone know where to get

A good indian curry?

Authentic please.

Don't mind paying a good price, as long as the quality is good also

Two good places

I enjoyed dinner one night at Cafe Ditali, which came at the recommendation of a member and is located downtown at Maipú 902, at the corner of Paraguay. The steak meal I had included artichoke hearts and asparagus. The meal and a water ran me about 89 pesos before the tip.

Off of Santa Fe, on the way to Palermo, is La Aguada, at Bilinghurst 1862. They're also at ww.laaguadacocina.com.ar
    This place delivers as well.

When I was at Sugar bar in Palermo Soho for the world cup I saw what looked like some pretty good egg plates being served. Omelet's looked great as well.

Sysco

Good Breakfast?

Anyone know of a place that serves a really good breakfast?

Maybe a cross between American and Argentinian?

Went to lunch at Bennihanna's Japanese Terriyaki, Alto Palermo. This is a chain of show restaurants from the US. The cost for a duet (beef and shrimp) was $ar49, included salad, fried rice with veggies, soda, shrimp and beef, and dessert (ice cream) I've been to a number of these types of restaurants in the US. This one opened in late November 09. The cook / chef looked like he had his first lesson in showmanship that morning. I rate the show a 2 out of 10. The food was Ok, the server was polite and spoke English well. While the price and food was good (compared to the US) the show was poor at best. They're new, so they probably need more time to master the juggling, knife work, and fireworks. The Argie with me liked it.

I recomend Tancat

Tancat

Paraguay 645

Outstanding food done properly.

I have eaten there three times now and it's always busy and the quality is outstanding.

Had the salmon twice.

Seems popular with the local gormonds.

Beezer

You could have had an Lálliance Steak Dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopherd
    Serves me right for going blind to a tourist trap area restaurant.

The steak was ok, but but Argentina standards 'ok' is a bit below par when it comes to steak. The San Hubert Dulce wine was rather nice at 55 pesos for 500 ml. The meal came to 145R and I would say it was worth half that. If that.

Of the vegetables, two out of four arrived almost cold. The service was servile, patronising, self-important and attentive only when it wanted to be - or dragged to the table with red hot pincers. The staff attitude was it is nearly home time and they wanted to eat themselves.

I have never been so tempted to replay the fricking coffee scene from Mulholland Drive. I very nearly did.
    You could have had agreat meal at my place right next door for about half the price dude!

Served in English by the owner!

I am going to re-open on Wednesday afternoon.

Limited menu and it may take a few days to work-out the kinks but I think you will enjoy it.

Plus my deserts are a GREAT RIDE!

Lálliance.

Cordoba 945

In the heart of ALL the action!

TL

Could have had a great meal!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopherd
    Serves me right for going blind to a tourist trap area restaurant.

The steak was ok, but but Argentina standards 'ok' is a bit below par when it comes to steak. The San Hubert Dulce wine was rather nice at 55 pesos for 500 ml. The meal came to 145R and I would say it was worth half that. If that.

Of the vegetables, two out of four arrived almost cold. The service was servile, patronising, self-important and attentive only when it wanted to be - or dragged to the table with red hot pincers. The staff attitude was it is nearly home time and they wanted to eat themselves.

I have never been so tempted to replay the fricking coffee scene from Mulholland Drive. I very nearly did.
    Next time you need to try MY Resto-Bar Next Door!

Lálliance.

Cordoba 945

Right next to the Tourist Trap Rip-Off Joint!

And yes, it would have been about half the price for a much better meal.

Served by the owner and in English!

Plus my deserts are a great ride!

Hope you can make it soon!

TL.

P. S - I am re-opening tomorrow for lunch but I think that it will take a abuot 10 days to get the kinks out of the deal.

Trying new wait staff and meat providers, etc.

Vatel restaurant Paraguay 1583

I went there yesterday. Mediterranean french restaurant. Good price around 40 pesos for main course, sprite and coffee. They told me this is a school so they only open for lunch. Very good experience.

Posting Limitations