Thread: Rental Apartment Reports

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowpie  [View Original Post]
    I've used the link below to book 8 or 9 reservations over a 6 year period (2003 -2009) and I'm booking with them again.

I never had a problem, the person running the site is Cecilia Rodrguez.

She will provide a discount if you stay beyond 7 days, I'm staying 11 days and pay for 9 days. I've done this multiple times.

All 7 of the apartments are fully furnished, clean, safe, quiet in the St Martin Plaza area.

http://www.ba-accommodation.com.ar

Hope this helps.
    I am still getting the runaround by the agencies I have been talking to. I will look at the above. Thank you.

I've used the link below to book 8 or 9 reservations over a 6 year period (2003 -2009) and I'm booking with them again.

I never had a problem, the person running the site is Cecilia Rodrguez.

She will provide a discount if you stay beyond 7 days, I'm staying 11 days and pay for 9 days. I've done this multiple times.

All 7 of the apartments are fully furnished, clean, safe, quiet in the St Martin Plaza area.

http://www.ba-accommodation.com.ar

Hope this helps.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cowpie For This Post:

Valuable insights to be had at least. I did use this wonderful forum to get aquanted with the ups and downs. Unfortunately, the trip was a last minute decision, so the regular shooters like apartmentsinba.com (where the calender is actually updated) were all booked. As far as I can gleam, it won't even teach them a lesson, if their antics causes me to bail as a customer. As you gentlemen stated: Scamming is indeed in their DNA.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    I have always rented from an American. I may pay a little more, and pay in dollars, but that is the cost of peace of mind. I have come to Argentina many times over the last twenty years and never been scammed. I think scamming Americans is in the Argentine DNA.

Tres3.
    I think scamming EVERYBODY is in the Argentina DNA.

http://apartmentsinba.com/rentalscams.html

Thanks,

Jax.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Rent from an American

I have always rented from an American. I may pay a little more, and pay in dollars, but that is the cost of peace of mind. I have come to Argentina many times over the last twenty years and never been scammed. I think scamming Americans is in the Argentine DNA.

Tres3.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Xang512  [View Original Post]
    The method operandi seems to be that you are able to book just about anything. You will then receive an unfortunate rejection with suggestions to similar rentals. In my case the similar rentals were significantly worse both regarding the way they presented themselves and the amenities / equipment. Wether this procedure is a basic bait / switch operation or it is simply caused by the lack of information that the agencies seem to have about the real availability I don't know.
    I wrote this synopsys of apartment rental scams several years ago when I was in the rental apartment business.

http://apartmentsinba.com/rentalscams.html

The "Bait and Switch" you experienced is 1st on the list.

Thanks,

Jax.

Quote Originally Posted by Xang512  [View Original Post]
    Wether this procedure is a basic bait / switch operation or it is simply caused by the lack of information that the agencies seem to have about the real availability I don't know.
    Welcome to Argentina!

Availability

I felt like making a small contribution here, since I have spent a few exhausting days dealing with different agencies.

When I go to booking websites in general, I expect that I will be able to filter the total range of products by availability. This feature is a part of many of the agencies mentioned in this forum. The feature usually seems to be bogus though. So far I have verified it (the hard way) with the "http://www.bytargentina.com/" agency and "http://www.4rentargentina.com" agency. The method operandi seems to be that you are able to book just about anything. You will then receive an unfortunate rejection with suggestions to similar rentals. In my case the similar rentals were significantly worse both regarding the way they presented themselves and the amenities / equipment. Wether this procedure is a basic bait / switch operation or it is simply caused by the lack of information that the agencies seem to have about the real availability I don't know. Bytargentina did manage to update the availability of my booking after I received the rejection, which seems to indicate that availability is updated by hand, when it is convenient.

So I guess my advice is to actually not use their booking systems, at least if you are in a hurry. But actually contact them and ask them directly. At the least you should be informed that the booking systems may not work as one would expect.

www.apartmentsinba.com

I have rented from these folks three years running and do not have a complaint. I rent for about a month at a time, depending on the airline frequent flyer offering. Although I speak and read Spanish, everything is in English. You might pay a slight premium because you pay in dollars, but it is still cheaper than a comparable hotel. I like being able to have coffee, breakfast, and read my email, without getting dressed or calling room service. If you need maid service more than once a week, you must be a slob, but they will provide for you-for a price. They do a good job, and are run by Americans who know what Americans want.

Tres3.

I have used Buenos Aires Habitat on several occasions and found each apartment well maintained. My longest stay was a month and since it was a short term rental it was more expensive... They have monthly rates as well as weekly... BA Luxury apartments is a good source as well and not as expensive as BA Habitat... Silvia was my contact at BA Habitat and Luciano my contact at BA Luxury Apts. If there is any interest I can post their email addresses.

Reynolds

I rented from Reynolds several times, three different apartments, one several times. They are above average by Argentinian standards, due to not being owned by Argentinians, and translating into about a C- by US standards. They are trustworthy but there are a couple of issues. They are very good at sending someone to fix things, but that someone is always a jackoff of all trades and masturbator of none. That is mildly annoying when it is a faucet but very annoying when it is a rat and they have no availability on the weekends (even the answering machine was full!) And then send, in order: the building portero to put down glue traps, which never work; two jackoffs to hunt for and whistle at the rat; one of the same jackoffs to come back with mouse traps, which are way too small and feeble for rats; and then finally a professional *paraguayan* exterminator who was actually willing to get his hands dirty. Note the correlation between 'paraguayan' and 'willing to get his hands dirty,' as well as its implied corollary that argies aren't willing to get their hands dirty. This last only occurred when I camped out at their office and threatened to (and would have) camped out in front of their office handing out leaflets saying 'Reynolds alquila con ratas.' From my first attempt to contact them to the final removal of the rat was six days and they didn't fix any of the damage the rat did, such as gnawing through ceiling tiles or replacing the insulation in the air conditioner, which turned out to be where they were nesting. So once they got rid of the rat nest in the AC unit, since they didn't replace the insulation, the AC did not work right and was noisy as hell.

[Forum Complaint deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: The general posting sections of the Forum are not the place to voice your personal complaints about the Forum's rules or operating procedures. In the future, please send any complaints about the Forum to me personally by email or PM, or post them in the Comment on Forum Rules section. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki  [View Original Post]
    long term contracts with no garantias for foreigners
    Don't get me started!

Reynolds

I have used Reynolds for several years without any problems, but I know the areas I prefer to rent in. Never had a problem Ask for Marcela, she is a jewel. Always look at the map they provide and really look closely at the phots they provide.

My 2 centavos.

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    Every year I have a different agency, well except this year when I bit twice, and always a problem with the renter.

I always make it a point to leave the apartment better than the way I found it.

Actually it is the renter that can't be trusted, Argentine racism?

Don be.

I'm going to leave it as be. Screw the auto correct feature.
    The renters are not great either. I rented a few apartments from ByT for relatives and they delivered. This was a couple of years ago. They usually have ok and really good ones. But you have to know the area. If you are blindly renting, unless you are very specific, chances are you are going to be disappointed. If you come to Ba often, you are better off staying at some hotel and seeing the apts before checkin in. Those are my 2 cents. I times when the dollar is king again, at least here, you should be able to find some great places. In understand the guys in this forum want to be close to the fun places for chicas, however any apartment in Puerto Madero will be good for sure as it is all new. All the other neighborhoods have surprises.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikki For This Post:

Every year a new problem

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki  [View Original Post]
    Sorry to hear about your frustration. In general I would dare saying that it is not " the gringo can't be trusted " but more like " tenants can't be trusted " I once ran a small apartment rental agency with an American girl, we had a small base of owners and we would get long term contracts with no garantias for foreigners, in general Americans and Europeans. It was not easy, this is an atypical market. As much as an apartment can look nice, the building itself is important. Not an issue if you are spending a couple of weeks, but if it's a few months you would appreciate central heating and central hot water, security guard, etc.
    Every year I have a different agency, well except this year when I bit twice, and always a problem with the renter.

I always make it a point to leave the apartment better than the way I found it.

Actually it is the renter that can't be trusted, Argentine racism?

Don be.

I'm going to leave it as be. Screw the auto correct feature.

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations