Thread: Rental Apartment Reports

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

ByTargentina

Like Mr. P127 I have also used ByTArgentina and have been happy with their communication, service and convenience. Would recommend.

Their website is fairly well designed, easy to use and relatively fast.

Suerte.

Stowe

I have used bytargentina and was happy with them, I have also stayed in Roxys place. But YMMV.

www.bytargentina.com

Mayra

Sounds like he had a bad experience with her but I've been using her for hotels, apartments, and flights for over three years and have never had an issue. That includes sending her cash via paypal multiple times so that I could get the best rates by paying cash. Never a single problem. I compare the prices that she's gotten me with prices on the web and I've never been unhappy. In fact, on the last trip, I had to leave for the airport before I could get my apartment deposit back and Mayra sent it to me via Paypal the next day.

This is the first time I've ever read a complaint about her and there are lots of positive postings.

Mayra is amazingly expensive.

Anyone on this forum can boast, but the reality of pricing is Mayra will clock you per day, of at least $30 per hotel and $45 per apartment rent. Look at the posts. I have and will continue to call Dickhead to his face an asshole, but the fact remains, he is relatively accurate with his rants, even if it's at the expense of posters. There is a three tier pricing mentality of those who think they are the masters of the their universe. Get away with trying to charge the highest price to a gringo, even if it means no more rent money for months thereafter. The logic is f'ed up, but that is the way it is. Prey upon the ignorant, and hope to get very lucky in a country where expropriation and devaluation are commonly understood words in the government's vocabulary. Sounds like a safe bet, even if it only means $20,000. Let's put it in perspective. I have saved enough money to pay full retail for Pimsluer III tapes by not going with Mayra. Consider it. If I could pay the highest amount for allegedly the best CD's to learn more spanish, what would you do? There are so many other apartments for some much less money with two or three bedrooms wanting to be rented in Centro (within two or three blocks of 9th of July Ave) Barrio Norte, and the Palermos for less, especially to locals.

By the way, Mayra dicked me for $50 bucks. I bitched to J and he told me the obvious: post. Dickhead gave me shit because I never post. Well, I don't live there. About four months later realized that I got ripped off when she withdrew the money and I got a Western Union notification. I have to agree with Saint, even though his 'business model aligns with Mayras' the same f'in MO with those Port people.:-)

Enjoy the city. If you want convience (sp) do it. If you want to frequently travel or are budget mindful, get wise. The flat or apartment I had was maybe, granted it was during Holy Week, 50% occupied in Centro. What's up with that? Say alot of people go to their home cities in the provinces who work in the city, does it reduce the occupancy of the building that greatly? Say it does, what is the apart. Generating monthly during the year? At best 300USD. The guy (owner) kept going around and turning off the lights so after thirty years he could have saved 30 pesos. Do the math. It ain't that complex. Where would you want to invest? Where do you think parity is in a market like that? Did we mention the government could possibly be f'ed up? Gee whiz!

And BARent is the greatest. Actuially it looks well appointed, but the target market is for those who are willing to pay $50 more per day to feel rich.

Chau chau chau.

Mayra's Apartments for Rent

Mayra has done an outstanding job for me. When I have screwed up my reservations she has always bailed me out. Woth her weight in gold, even in a pregnant state.

Starfe

Slugfest,

I rented from Beatriz (the lady who runs BuenosAiresHousing) from August 2005 until December 2005 and I can testify that she is an honest and straightforward businessperson. I wired what was probably 20% of the first month's rent before I left the USA and upon arrival in Argentina everything was in order. She had a remise waiting for me outside customs (a guy holding a sign with my name on it) and was waiting outside the apartment with the apartment owner. Anytime I had a complaint, I just called and she or the apartment owner would show up in a timely fashion and fix whatever had went wrong. Also, when it was time to fork over the apartment, there was no funny business regarding the security deposit; they returned the entire amount, in USD, without blinking an eye.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Any experience w / this agency:

www.buenosaireshousing.com.ar

They want me to wire them a 20% deposit to reserve the place (Santa Fe & Callao) Standard procedure?

Thanks

Sure, it's an excellent area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    Santa Fe and Libertad to Callao and Peron is nowhere near that long of a walk. It would be more like fifteen or twenty minutes. Maybe 18 blocks. Also you could take the #39 bus to Peron and then it would be a seven block walk. Or walk six blocks to are. Pena and take the #37 to Peron. Or take two different buses and don't walk shit. Or walk to Libertad and Cordoba and take the Subte but you'd have to change lines to get two blocks from Peron and Callao. Or take that same Subte to Callao. Or or or.

Anyway you have a plethora of cheap transportation options in BA, especially in that neighborhood.
    Thanks for the info, DH. The walk will do me some good. So that's a decent area? I hope to catch up w / some of you guys when I arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson

Hi Guys,

When you rent my apartment, my doorman has instructions to give you the key when you arrive in the event that I'm not there at that exact moment.

Thanks,

Jackson
    There's not a better-located nor a better value apartment available in Buenos Aires than Jackson's place. You're literally within walking distance to everything. In addition, the apartment is set up with a US Vonage phone and internet hookups for a visitor to utilize while in town. He's got maid service, neighborhood tips available, and also checkin and checkout is convenient - even down to a science.

Santa Fe and Libertad to Callao and Peron is nowhere near that long of a walk. It would be more like fifteen or twenty minutes. Maybe 18 blocks. Also you could take the #39 bus to Peron and then it would be a seven block walk. Or walk six blocks to are. Pena and take the #37 to Peron. Or take two different buses and don't walk shit. Or walk to Libertad and Cordoba and take the Subte but you'd have to change lines to get two blocks from Peron and Callao. Or take that same Subte to Callao. Or or or

Anyway you have a plethora of cheap transportation options in BA, especially in that neighborhood.

Laptop

I always bring in a laptop. There is no problem.

6-week rental

Hey Guys:

I'm coming to BsAs in late May for a 6-week study abroad program. I've identified a few decent-looking apt. Options but wanted to get your opinions on them:

http://www.buenosaireshabitat.com/ap...ils.php?id=128

http://www.buenosaireshabitat.com/ap...ails.php?id=96

Any pros / cons to the neighborhood? My school's at the corner of Callao & Peron. Looks like a hike, so I'm guessing 30-45 minutes to walk it?

Final question - is it a hassle at customs to bring in a laptop?

Thanks

Agreed

Jackson's place is a great choice as far as amenities are concerned. Apartment is updated and close to everything in the Recoleta/Barrio Norte area. It's a real no brainer. I wish I could afford to stay at his palacial Apt. All the time. However, budget restraints force me seek other rental avenues. Hopefully, things will be different for me next year.

BTW, MCSE or Paolo also have great apt's to rent as well.

Judd
    Last edited by Judd; 04-22-06 at 03:54. Reason: spelling

I had the same thing happen to me when I rented from Bytargentina in November of last year. I think the sales agent was Fernando. He was late getting there and spent 20 minutes on the phone before we headed up to the apartment. Quite inconvenient when you've spent nearly a day circling the globe on a plane. I think the next time I come to BA, I will call them as soon as I get off the plane, and reconfirm the meeting. Outside of that, they were easy to deal with.

Judd

Hi Guys,

When you rent my apartment, my doorman has instructions to give you the key when you arrive in the event that I'm not there at that exact moment.

Thanks,

Jackson

Posting Limitations