Thread: Rental Apartment Reports

+ Submit Report
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Bytargentina - Mostly Very Positive

I spent Semana Santa in Bs. As. And will be reporting on various threads over the next week or so.

After 20 hours on airplanes and in airports, I knew I would need to crash upon arrival. I rented an apartment in Microcentro. The unit is referred to as Av. Cordoba and San Martin II on the Bytargentina website:

http://www.bytargentina.com/re/propv...ose=&view=1194

I had an email stating that the rental agent would meet me there for check in at 9:05 AM, which is exactly when I arrived from the airport by taxi.

No one was there.

I snoozed in the lobby of the building while the doorman made calls for me. The owners were kind enough to come let me in and arrived in about 30 minutes. They were really super people!

The rental agent arrived about 11 AM. He blamed the "mix up" on the change to daylight savings time in the States the week before.

Huh?

Other than that, I was extremely pleased. The unit was on the 19th floor with beautiful views of the city and the river, at a cost of only $270 for the week, plus a 90 peso administrative fee.

The apartment was very clean, beautifully decorated, and quite well appointed. There were mirrors in the bedroom, candles everywhere, and lots of extra touches. It was even stocked with plenty of little things like extra tp, paper towels, soap, coffee filters, etc. So that I did not have to rush out to a store.

Two friends were also renting in the area from Bytargentina (for only a few dollars less) and were much more impressed by my unit.

So were the chicas. It set a very nice mood for the sessions.

It had door men around the clock, who were always helpful and happy to snap photos of me with my new amigas.

I was one block from Florida Avenue and across the street from my favorite place, Cafe Orleans, and within easy walking distance to Cutty Sark, Jazz Pub, the triangle clubs, Excedra, and numerous restaurants and shops.

I highly recommend an apartment for quality and value, and this one in particular. Just make sure that the rental agent shows up on time!

Or better yet, PM me for the owners email and you can bypass the middle man.

DB

Hi Guys,

When you rent my apartment, my doorman has instructions to give you the key when you arrive in the event that I'm not there at that exact moment.

BTW, here's another owner's email for you: argentinaprivate@gmail.com

Thanks,

Jackson

I used myplacerealestate to book my apartment and I've found their service to be excellent. And Giselle has been my agent as well.

Using any Netscape or Mozilla based browser using nglayout or gecko has zero problems with the myplacerealestate. Com website - it's just that since Mozilla went open source, certain plugins are not packaged automatically.

So you can't view this website unless you already got or click a simply link to obtain the macromedia shockwave plugin.

Ditto on the cheesy music though - either cut it or just only on the intro. The constant re-run had me putting speakers on mute when I was first searching for apartments before arriving in BA.

PB,

Tell your friend to drop the cheesy music from the site. Also, it is not viewable by my browser (Mozilla) which is not Internet Explorer.

Thanks for the replies. I figure I can take cabs to the clubs but I might as well get the apartment at Junin / Las Heras if it isnt directly facing the main street.

Quote Originally Posted by Quester3
    Having some difficulty in selecting an apartment for when I come to BA - not so much as in finding one - between this board and others, got tons of apartment provider's websites I'm looking through - but more in the selection of one.

Mainly I'm getting stuck right now on trying to pick a final choice site unseen of the location area.

Does anyone know what the location of Junin and Las Heras is like? I'm debating between an apartment there which is a little nicer in terms of size and ammenities and one near the Four Seasons at Posadas and Cerrito - still nice but smaller, which seems to be closer to the chic avenue of Avear.

Perhaps any nice area of Recoleta is just as good for close restaurants, cafes, etc?
    Junin and Las Heras is a nice area and an easy walk to the Recoleta clubs. Las Heras is a busy street and a major bus route so I'm not sure I'd want an apartment facing it even if it was high. The area around the Four Seasons is tonier (but less street life) and an easy walk from the the Microcentral clubs. I'd say Junin and Las Heras is a better location if you want a lively night life right outside your door since it is in the heart of Recoleta.

Reynolds

Just returned from BA renting from Reynolds - www.argentinahomes.com. Excellent results all around - apartment just as represented, no frivolous damage claims, helpful and attractive staff, no communications difficulties.

I would recommend making sure all rooms have AC, and that due to noise and fumes, try to get a unit on a high floor, bedroom in back, on a street without a bus route if possible. Recoleta to me is much more pleasant than the centro.

Apartment location question.

Having some difficulty in selecting an apartment for when I come to BA - not so much as in finding one - between this board and others, got tons of apartment provider's websites I'm looking through - but more in the selection of one.

Mainly I'm getting stuck right now on trying to pick a final choice site unseen of the location area.

Does anyone know what the location of Junin and Las Heras is like? I'm debating between an apartment there which is a little nicer in terms of size and ammenities and one near the Four Seasons at Posadas and Cerrito - still nice but smaller, which seems to be closer to the chic avenue of Avear.

Perhaps any nice area of Recoleta is just as good for close restaurants, cafes, etc?

Thanks for the help

Thanks MCSE.

Brandon

that's palermo hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleans
    Can anyone tell me about the neighbor of Bonpland & Guatemala. Is this a good location or not to stay in for 2 weeks.

Thanks
    That's Palermo Hollywood. The "Hollywood" name due that part of Palermo since it's isolated by the train railways, and a couple of TV studios and radios are in that area. TV and radio stars (just like you and I) need to take a coffee or have some dinner, so several restaurants became famous since you may see a TV star dinning right next to you.

By night the area turns dark and empty it's better to ride in a car / taxi if you are walking a non commercial street, the central point of Palermo Hollywood is located 5 blocks from there in Honduras and Bonpland, America TV studios and Radio Metro shares the corners. The area anyway offers a lot of nice restaurants and bars. Here are some pictures on the streets of Palermo Hollywood http://www.barts.com.ar/barts/citypi...tion=hollywood

There is anyway a nice chicas house in paraguay and fitz roy (I don't remember the address now but I remember the girl, hehe)

May be I shoot more pictures on Palermo Hollywood this week.

Letsgoargentina.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpediem
    Any experiences with this agency?

http://www.letsgoargentina.com

Thanks
    They talk a good game but are real bad for follow- up.

I asked many times for a contrafrente unit and saw only two, 4 others were in the front. This was back in July when things were slow.

Sorry this is a late post. Got my unit via e-mail from bytargentina.

Good service but the agents work in specific areas and will try to steer you.

To their locale.

Happy hunting.

Need help

Can anyone tell me about the neighbor of Bonpland & Guatemala. Is this a good location or not to stay in for 2 weeks.

Thanks

letsgoargentina

Any experiences with this agency?

http://www.letsgoargentina.com

Thanks

Ayres de Recoleta

Mayra arranged for me to rent the penthouse here last week, very nice, great location similar to Jackson's apt. However, yes, hitting the sack at 4 AM and construction noise commencing at 7 AM is pretty much impossible. I moved to Loi Suites, where I was very happy the rest of the trip.

Suerte,

Veterano

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Ryder
    I suspect it could be tough if you strolled in at 5:00 am and the trabajadors started pounding away (in a different manner) at 7:45. LOL
    I've heard that has been a problem. I know I'd be pretty upset if I was trying to sleep at 7am and only had a ton of noise.

Yeah there are, but I get up early to go to class so it is not an issue for me and they aren't working on the weekends or holidays. I was talking to the doorman and if I understood him, the construction is going to be a supermercado.

I suspect it could be tough if you strolled in at 5:00 am and the trabajadors started pounding away (in a different manner) at 7:45. LOL

Posting Limitations