Thread: General Travel Plan Announcements

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Be Nice

When I said "Be Nice", I did so with my tongue buried deep in my cheek.

Tres3.

I thought I was being nice with the terciopelo. In any case, when someone makes an initial post and asks questions that have been answered a thousand times, someone usually says to "RTFF." I left out the obscenities and he still came back with snark. I could have sent him a sorete instead of a pedo but I am trying to be nice.

Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    Le mando un pedo en una bolsa de terciopelo.
    Be Nice.

Tres3.

Le mando un pedo en una bolsa de terciopelo.

Thanks. I see you are the welcoming committee for this board?

Entonces lea el foro.
    Now I fell welcomed.

Thank you DICKHEAD...

Your handle fits you well.

The Mother of All

Yeah, I musta spent $4,000 the three months I was just there. Maybe $4,500. About broke the bank. I've been to 14 countries so far this year and spent less than $25k including air fare. And I only got laid about 50 times so far. I must be doing something wrong. Like not paying middlemen.
    This particular Hotel-Motel-Holiday Inn does not pay a dime.

They don't need to I guess.

Actually a few years ago they said something about not during season and I think it's season year round.

Why don't you ask them about it.

But I still send people there because it's nice and private and who cares about a few pesos.

Meaning I don't give a shit if anybody stays there or not.

But most hotels and apartment rental companies are at about the 15% level.

Restaurants and bars are at the 10% level.

Travel agencies and taxis and limos and just about every time you spend 1 of your centavos somebody gets a part of it.

Shopping centers and malls and Mom and Pop's are 10%.

Tango shows. Bus tours. Boat tours. Soccer ticket outlets.

I think that up to 65% goes to the owner of the Privado. Doesn't that hurt?

The poor little sperm banks only get to keep about 35% sometimes.

Maybe that's a good reason to go straight to the owner of the biz.

The Indies.

Nothing that we can do about it because the rates seem to remain exactly the same whether you slither in on your own or whether somebody helps you get fucked.

It's the way the world goes round in most parts of the world. Even the USA.

If you like the rates at the hotel then you will LOVE this story.

That little bullshit front for a coin shop across from Newport and McDonald's that exchanges dollars for so many of the Boys around here also buys and sells gold.

It was about $1200.00 dollars an oz. All over the world except for there I guess.

I was looking to sell and they were kind enough to explain to me that there is such a small demand for gold in Argentina that the value was only $800.00 dollars an oz.

That is the Mother of All!

I should have shot him on the spot.

Thanks DH !

Always Entertaining!

TL

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    You may not have noticed but Buenos Aires can be a very expensive place to be lately.
    Yeah, I musta spent $4,000 the three months I was just there. Maybe $4,500. About broke the bank. I've been to 14 countries so far this year and spent less than $25k including air fare. And I only got laid about 50 times so far. I must be doing something wrong. Like not paying middlemen.

How Would I Know That?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    The fucking Poetrybuilding doesn't take pesos, only cash. I thought their prices were in dollars at the official rate, it's in freaking dollars. You can get a Jr, Suite at the Plaza with a park view for less than a single room there right now.

I want to be clear, this broadside was aimed at the hotel only. TL and I have crossed swords on a few things but I agreed with him that this hotel was pretty cool. All the way up to the point they said they don't accept pesos. Shit even if you send some kid to exchange them right away you have to accept the money.

Like Ron White says https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkXsrz_Qrl8.
    I have "stayed" there many times but I have never had to pay for a room and nobody has ever complained to me about that peso thing.

700sq.ft. plus , 1 bedroom loft in a historic building. Modernized.

You may not have noticed but Buenos Aires can be a very expensive place to be lately. I think it was about $120.00 the 1st time I looked at it and then it went to $180.00.

What is it now?

And I don't think that anybody can blame the owners for not accepting toilet paper or Monopoly money. Especially if they are Americans.

It probably went into effect recently.

All I know is that it is owned by Americans, it's Chica friendly , very nice and walking distance to Newport.

I think that those were the original poster's main requirements. Except for the American owned part.

Zero Chica Controls.

Thanks for making the call.

TL

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer1999  [View Original Post]
    Looking for chica recomendations. I speak fluent spanish.
    Entonces lea el foro.

Just called those motherfuckers

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Your best choice is the AP House for 1 week.( great , fully equipped kitchen and grill) and then if you want to be a little closer to Newport you should take a look at this place for your second week:

http://poetrybuilding.com/

Very private.

Nice lofts available.

Walking distance.

No front desk Chica controls.

Concierge is on the program.( from San Francisco ).

TL.
    The fucking Poetrybuilding doesn't take pesos, only cash. I thought their prices were in dollars at the official rate, it's in freaking dollars. You can get a Jr, Suite at the Plaza with a park view for less than a single room there right now.

I want to be clear, this broadside was aimed at the hotel only. TL and I have crossed swords on a few things but I agreed with him that this hotel was pretty cool. All the way up to the point they said they don't accept pesos. Shit even if you send some kid to exchange them right away you have to accept the money.

Like Ron White says https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkXsrz_Qrl8.

Coming to BA on Nov 1 for one week of parrilla tango and chicas.

Looking for chica recomendations.

I speak fluent spanish.

Poetry Building

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerfull  [View Original Post]
    Greetings,

Arriving to BA the second week of Nov for a several week stay. Got a great r/t fare for $700 from Calif (1stop). Air fare prices to arg have dropped percipitously over the last several weeks. Jackson,keep me on your party list, overdue for a visit. My plan is to stayr at least a week within walking distance of Newport, anyone know of a decent place with kitchen please let me know. Best Cheerfull.
    Your best choice is the AP House for 1 week.( great , fully equipped kitchen and grill) and then if you want to be a little closer to Newport you should take a look at this place for your second week:

http://poetrybuilding.com/

Very private.

Nice lofts available.

Walking distance.

No front desk Chica controls.

Concierge is on the program.( from San Francisco ).

TL.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Visiting BA in November

Greetings,

Arriving to BA the second week of Nov for a several week stay. Got a great r/t fare for $700 from Calif (1stop). Air fare prices to arg have dropped percipitously over the last several weeks. Jackson,keep me on your party list, overdue for a visit. My plan is to stayr at least a week within walking distance of Newport, anyone know of a decent place with kitchen please let me know. Best Cheerfull.

Visiting BA starting Oct. 1

I'll be in South America for a month and in BA from Oct. 1-11 then again Oct 24-31.

First visit to SA =) Staying for 3 months

Hey All,

I'll be arriving to BA on August 1st and will be around for three months. Looking forward to some great times! This site has been a great way to learn a lot about the city, and I'll definitely take the advice to not be a "tourist" !

Cheers,

Posting Limitations