Thread: General Travel Plan Announcements

+ Submit Report
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

You don't say when your coming

If it's anytime soon you could take them to the Abasto Mall there is a decent arcade and amusement park in the mall.

If it rains you can buy new leather soled shoes and go to Florida Street. If you get a good running start you can slide from Corrientes to Paraguay.

I think most teenagers would get a kick out of touring the Colon. (that's the teatro not the body part, mi teclado no hablo Castillano)

You could try tango lessons at Mora Godoys studio.

The Recoletta cemetary is always creepy cool and the one in Chacarita is bigger.

You could get them all wired on coffee and pay a taxi driver to scare the shit out of them by driving super fast in the rain.

You could tell them to wait for you on Dickheads magic wall. Interesting things happen when you sit there.

A polo match would be fun. (Don't know if it's the season though)

Also you don't mention the age or sex, if it's a boy over 16 turn him over to the savage beast. Or better yet, give him 200 pesos and tell him to do the best he can, that would scar him for life. As a matter of fact, take the whole family to Excedra for dinner. Who knows maybe the wife has a freaky side she's been keeping from you.

Everybody oohs and ahhs over the ceiling in the Galaria Pacifico. Plus you have the added bonus of the alternative lifestyle types hooking up in the bathroom on the lower level.

As Andres would say, hope this helps.

I agree with One Tree

Except I like the Wilton Hotel, a little pricey at $60.00 US a night it's on the corner of Callao and Santa Fe and the neighborhood is great. The Hotel staff is great except for the red headed (expletive deleted) that works the afternoon shift.

SanMartin/Downtown

Atl,

I always stay in the San Martin area. It is more congested and frenetic, but EVERYTHING one needs can usually be found on the block that you stay on.
    I mean locoturios, grocery, restaurants, laundry, pubs, bars etc.

Furthermore, you are within easy walking distance of Orleans and Excedra (Chica Cafes), the Triangle (Cattos, Ness, Hook), Apt 921 Suipacha, Jaz, Cutty Sark, and the often reviewed Dick heads Maria.

For shopping and prime chica watching you are right there at the pedestrian streets of Florida and Lavalle. Great for food, leather, locutorios etc.

You are close to Recoletta (3-5 pesos taxi) should you desire those clubs:
    Affaire, Madahos, Black, Shampoo etc.

I find downtown to be more "real" while Recoletta is more for tourist and well to do Argentinians. There are good restaurants in Recoletta, but at a premium price as well. I find San MArtin/DT to be of a better value. So it depends on ones taste. I also like the downtown clubs. I totally find the girls to less cut throat over negotiations and overall alot less dough for your blow! Bottom line it depends on ones personal choice.

If you stay in SM/DT it is possible to never have to take a taxi to get what you want/need. If you like energy then this is the place. If you want more peace and quiet then Recolleta/Palermo is a better choice (with the result in having to pay more and not be self contained within a city block/street.).

For maps: see Moon Dogs section on this site. Great maps with all the right places highlighted

Hope this helps.

OTH

Administrator

Venues: 398

Arrow Travel Plans

Use this thread to post your travel plans and connect with other forum members in Buenos Aires.

Posting Limitations