Thread: General Travel Plan Announcements

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    If anyone is heading back to the USA and has some extra greenbacks they dont need please PM me to discuss. Thanks.

Taxi stands at Ezeiza airport

There are many taxi stands coming out of baggage claim area at Ezeiza airport.
    Taxi Ezeiza is a little cheaper than others but doesn't accept credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu33  [View Original Post]
    I thought I was getting an official taxi, there was a black and yellow stand and a guy inside so I thought it official. You are right on asking to be screwed if one does not speak spanish. Next time I would take Taxi Ezezia I didn't actually realize it was a taxi stand, they had such a long line I thought it was a currency exchange at the local rate or something else.

TAxi

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    You would have to go to the cops in the municipality of Ezeiza, which would cost you more than you got ripped off for. For future reference, the black and yellow taxis have a number on the door within the yellow circle. Make a big deal of writing that down as you are getting in the cab. That is the number you want if something happens, not the plate number, although I suppose it would not hurt to have both. But what you seem to have gotten was a remis, since you say there was no meter, in which case the piece of paper you got when you handed over the money is the key thing. That piece of paper should show where you are going and how much you paid.
    Hola, i,ve used this guy, link below, a couple times, safe and reliable. $50 us each way and speaks good english.

Www.dantesairporttransfers.

Been following the club closing, etc, sounds like BA is cleaning house before the popes visit next yr. Will make my usual trip this fall. I,m not a club guy so i should be ok i hope.

Another suggestion

EVERY TIME you pay a taxi driver lean front and make a show of following the money. Most taxi drivers are pretty honest, and if they know you are watching then the not most generally become honest.

You would have to go to the cops in the municipality of Ezeiza, which would cost you more than you got ripped off for. For future reference, the black and yellow taxis have a number on the door within the yellow circle. Make a big deal of writing that down as you are getting in the cab. That is the number you want if something happens, not the plate number, although I suppose it would not hurt to have both. But what you seem to have gotten was a remis, since you say there was no meter, in which case the piece of paper you got when you handed over the money is the key thing. That piece of paper should show where you are going and how much you paid.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

This is a bit embarrassing but fuck it, it did happen to me.

So I come out and I had changed 200 pesos out at the ATM not wanting to change too much the guy said it's $40 or 400 pesos I thought fuck it I'll just the USD even though I know the unofficial rate is like 12 something. BTW the first ATM I used didn't dispense any money the second one did, I checked my bank this morning and saw two transactions so looks like even the ATMs are shady. Anyways I give the guy 40 and he writes something on a piece of official looking paper. We go to get a cab and he calls one over, I get in and he says ok you pay now I was jet lagged but was pretty sure I had paid so I said no way I just paid you, he says no and his buddy starts to say the same and we go back and forth and he said remember you went back inside and I did go back inside for a second I think fuck I didn't pay the guy. So I give him $40 and he says my friend you just gave me $2 and hands me $2. Like an idiot I give him $40 once the cab pulls away I realize I didn't have any $1 bills on me. I got the cabs license plate number and am thinking of going to the police to file a report, total waste of time or worth doing ? BTW the taxi didn't have any meter or any identifying marks inside, on the outside it said Radio something taxi 202.

I am sure this is old news to the guys who have been here multiple times but maybe this will help the next newbie who flies in.

All the taxis are black and yellow in the city of Buenos Aires and if it isn't black and white, it is not a taxi; it is a 'remis' and will not have a meter. That still doesn't tell us how you got screwed. You think you paid too much? How do you know? He gave you counterfeit money as change? What happened?

All the taxis are black and yellow in the city of Buenos Aires and if it isn't black and white, it is not a taxi; it is a 'remis' and will not have a meter. That still doesn't tell us how you got screwed. You think you paid too much? How do you know? He gave you counterfeit money as change? What happened?

I thought I was getting an official taxi, there was a black and yellow stand and a guy inside so I thought it official. You are right on asking to be screwed if one does not speak spanish. Next time I would take Taxi Ezezia I didn't actually realize it was a taxi stand, they had such a long line I thought it was a currency exchange at the local rate or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    If you took a taxi from one of the touts hawking outside of EZE you are asking to get screwed, especially if you do not speak Spanish. I would recommend Taxi Ezezia or a higher cost limo service such as Silver Star.

Better and cheaper yet, take the Tienda Leon bus. It may take a little longer, but the bus terminal is right across the street from the Sheraton.

Tres3.

Take the Bus

Hey guys,

In Sheraton and already screwed by a taxi on my way from the airport, damn those guys are slick been a long time since I've been screwed like this. TL do you have any recommendations for a tall chica ? I need to get rid of this screwed feeling. I tried TL's what's app number but that didn't work.

Snafu.
    If you took a taxi from one of the touts hawking outside of EZE you are asking to get screwed, especially if you do not speak Spanish. I would recommend Taxi Ezezia or a higher cost limo service such as Silver Star.

Better and cheaper yet, take the Tienda Leon bus. It may take a little longer, but the bus terminal is right across the street from the Sheraton.

Tres3.

What happened on the Taxi ride?

Hey guys,

In Sheraton and already screwed by a taxi on my way from the airport, damn those guys are slick been a long time since I've been screwed like this. TL do you have any recommendations for a tall chica ? I need to get rid of this screwed feeling. I tried TL's what's app number but that didn't work.

Snafu.
    Just wondering what happened to you coming in and your EZE to City transfer.

In Buenos Aires

Hey guys,

Snafu.

Attitudes

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley  [View Original Post]
    Planning 4 a trip in 12/ and happened upon this site which I find fascinating! 1. I hope I am posting this in the right spot and sorry if I am not. 2. ok, where does a newbie stay 4 at least 30 days and hopefully up to 90 days? I am retired and old! Ha! But still love to dabble. Back here in Chicago the average pricing 4 a "provider" is $400-600 per hour and most all do believe they are doing you a favor by allowing you the opp to pay them! Ha! Especially the model types. SO, these prices I am seeing on here are incredible. It appears things are a changing so would 12/ be even a good time to come down? PM me or comment here or just tell me what you guys think. I would like to meet fellow members from here there and hopefully won't look too much like a "tourista". My Spanish is little but working on that now and should be better in 6 months! Thanks to all for reading this and please I would like to hear from guys of all ages that have the experience. Oh btw- Chicago born and raised and have never left the country! So now with time and some cash I want to take some trips and look for a possible location to retire! Again I would enjoy engaging with knowledgeable guys that know the game down there!
    Stanley, the reason we travel south of the border is to find cheap good looking pussy. Do not be another American with a fistful of dollars that jacks up the prices for the rest of us. If you pay more than $50 for ST, you're the one getting screwed.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bobby Doerr For This Post:

Newbie coming from chicago 4 the 1st time

Planning 4 a trip in 12/ and happened upon this site which I find fascinating! 1. I hope I am posting this in the right spot and sorry if I am not. 2. ok, where does a newbie stay 4 at least 30 days and hopefully up to 90 days? I am retired and old! Ha! But still love to dabble. Back here in Chicago the average pricing 4 a "provider" is $400-600 per hour and most all do believe they are doing you a favor by allowing you the opp to pay them! Ha! Especially the model types. SO, these prices I am seeing on here are incredible. It appears things are a changing so would 12/ be even a good time to come down? PM me or comment here or just tell me what you guys think. I would like to meet fellow members from here there and hopefully won't look too much like a "tourista". My Spanish is little but working on that now and should be better in 6 months! Thanks to all for reading this and please I would like to hear from guys of all ages that have the experience. Oh btw- Chicago born and raised and have never left the country! So now with time and some cash I want to take some trips and look for a possible location to retire! Again I would enjoy engaging with knowledgeable guys that know the game down there!

I'll be back in BA Next week ..

Traveling back to BA for yet another great experience/adventure .. Unfortunately work tends to get in the way of many activities .. But not the important ones ;-) .. Hope to connect with a few of the AP members while I am in town .. For a beer or two .. ( or coffee if thats your pleasure )..

Labrador.

That will work well for you since there basically aren't any.
    Coming out firing Dickhead... Well done.

Perhaps the wrong word, Im using strip club for what I imagine to be the scene at a the boliches. Loud music, being worked for money. And hate is a strong word, you do what you have to do. If thats where the best time is, then fair enough.

Some enjoy the give and take of that, and the potential volume of girls. And I do occasionally, but Im coming to relax and look around more than party, and that scene doesnt seem to fit. Not getting down on it... Only a preference.

Found my way over to the Obama discussion, your posts are excellent Dickhead. Dont always agree with you, but really well thought out and informed. I might hop into the mix there and see if I can hang.

What was it... Snotty Entitled III ... Haha... Good stuff. We should get together and talk Judiciary and Fiscal policy if your down in BA. Though it sounds like your in the States.

Posting Limitations