Thread: General Travel Plan Announcements

+ Submit Report
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

A Nice Evening!

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes  [View Original Post]
    Hi Guys,

I have been checking the forum since earlier this year when my trip to BA got postponed.

It's now happening next month and it will be my first, so rather excited.

I was hoping someone would be kind enough to offer some up to date advice on the club scene.

I have noticed in recent posts that a lot of places have closed and wondered what perhaps the top 5 places were currently, if I was to make the most of my chica hunting time?

Any guidance from some vets would be sincerely appreciated.

Dave.
    Hello Dave,

Thanks for the PM!

I will try to answer some of your questions here so I don't have to respond to 50 e-mails even though I have the time and I don't mind helping out.

Where to go and what are the best days of the week?

First off there are less than (5) places worth going to in BA for Chicas.

At least places that we normally frequent.

There are a LOT more if you have a sense of adventure but it's not worth it.

Madahos. CLOSED.

Black. CLOSED.

Hippo. OPEN. Wednesdays and Thursdays after 1 am are the Best Nights to go.

Newport.OPEN- Wed. Thru Sat. After 12 am have been very good lately.

Hook. Wed. Thru Fri. After 1 am.

Excedra. After 11 pm during the week.

A Nice Evening in BA..

Go to SLEEP from about 4 pm until 9 pm.

Dinner at "La Cabrerra" from about 9:15 to 11:15 pm. (reservations REQUIRED! Days in advance!).

Coffee. Excedra. 11:30 pm until 12:30.

Newport. 12:45.

Hippo.

Hook.

Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn!

Thanks!

TL.

Have Fun!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

In BA Sep 9. 16. Looking for some advice

Hi Guys,

I have been checking the forum since earlier this year when my trip to BA got postponed.

It's now happening next month and it will be my first, so rather excited.

I was hoping someone would be kind enough to offer some up to date advice on the club scene.

I have noticed in recent posts that a lot of places have closed and wondered what perhaps the top 5 places were currently, if I was to make the most of my chica hunting time?

Any guidance from some vets would be sincerely appreciated.

Dave.

1 day trip to BA, hopeing to stay in Recoleta Area

Will arrive on August 12th. Time to do some reading for good info. I may hit Cafe X and some clubs. So much to do, so very little time...

Another Californian during the first week of August!

I'll be in BA on August 1 for a week. This will be my first time in BA.- actually first time in Latin America.

I speak zero Spanish, so this will be an interesting experience. I'm looking forward to the trip.

I'm Asian, and it'll be interesting to see how Asians are treated in the scene at BA. I've got some interesting tales to tell of my trips out to Singapore.

Would love to have drinks with a few vets here. I'll buy the first round.

Already PM'd TL and got some pointers already.

Tom, it'd be great to meet up since you'll be in town around the same week. I'm staying at the Ulises.

Hope to meet some of you!

- John.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbartoli  [View Original Post]
    Mr. Jackin, I like the Manuel Tienda Leóand bus to Centro. Their booth is to the left as you leave the secure area at EZE. It has counters both inside and outside the secure area. They can also arrange a taxi. The last time I took it, the bus was less than 1/3 the cost of a taxi. If you give them the address of your final destination they will put you in a car after you arrive in Centro and drop you off. Here's the website http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/home/home.asp.

Note the logo. It will help you locate their booth at EZE. The prices are in ARS. I believe they operate 24/7 and for most of the day a bus departs EZE for Centro every half hour.

(The auto edit keeps turning "Leóand" into "Leóand".
    If you are going into "town" this is the best bet!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Manuel Tienda Leóand

Quote Originally Posted by TomJackin  [View Original Post]
    One burning question: What will I be paying for taxi from and to the airport?
    Mr. Jackin, I like the Manuel Tienda Leóand bus to Centro. Their booth is to the left as you leave the secure area at EZE. It has counters both inside and outside the secure area. They can also arrange a taxi. The last time I took it, the bus was less than 1/3 the cost of a taxi. If you give them the address of your final destination they will put you in a car after you arrive in Centro and drop you off. Here's the website http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/home/home.asp.

Note the logo. It will help you locate their booth at EZE. The prices are in ARS. I believe they operate 24/7 and for most of the day a bus departs EZE for Centro every half hour.

(The auto edit keeps turning "Leóand" into "Leóand".

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gbartoli For This Post:

I'm going to BA for the first time, it has been high on my bucket list! I will be there July 31st for 7 nights.

I'm a 27 Navy veteran and spent a lot of time in SEA, Africa, and Australia. The last ten years, I've been exploring Central / South America. But I'm lagging in SA, only a couple of trips to Rio and one to Medellin.

My Spanish is improving, but still sucks; I work on it every weekend in Tijuana. On ISG, I do my best to write complete TRs; this site seems a bit different than ISG.

It would be great to meet a few of you BA vets; I'm always good for the first, second rounds. I have the maps printed, and I will be staying at Jackson's place.

I will get a sim card as soon as I'm able to, maybe at the airport?

Hope to meet some of you vets.

Tom.
    GET YOUR MOTOR RUNNING.

HEAD OUT ON THE HIGHWAY.

LOOKING FOR ADVENTURE.

AND WHAT EVER COMES OUR WAY.

Yes! You Boys are Welcome to call me when you arrive.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions before you arrive.

Thanks,

TL.

Great Song!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

TomJackin: As you exit Customs, on your left with be a booth called "Remis". Tell them you want to go to Jackson's address, and prepay with a credit card...They will process your card and hand you a reciept and ask you to walk around to the left (behind the cashier). A driver will meet you and take you to his car about 50 m in front of the terminal exit, along the left sidewalk. Have a good time.

Forgot about the return to EZE..I have reserved Remis for the return to the airport, but it is hit or miss if the driver will show up on time. There are tons of taxis that run in front of Jackson's door, and are easy and relatively inexpensive for the airport trip.
    BF.

I'm going to BA for the first time, it has been high on my bucket list! I will be there July 31st for 7 nights.

I'm a 27 Navy veteran and spent a lot of time in SEA, Africa, and Australia. The last ten years, I've been exploring Central / South America. But I'm lagging in SA, only a couple of trips to Rio and one to Medellin.

My Spanish is improving, but still sucks; I work on it every weekend in Tijuana. On ISG, I do my best to write complete TRs; this site seems a bit different than ISG.

It would be great to meet a few of you BA vets; I'm always good for the first, second rounds. I have the maps printed, and I will be staying at Jackson's place.

Tom.
    Last edited by BlueFalcon; 07-10-13 at 23:39. Reason: forgot one thing...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueFalcon For This Post:

Hello from California!

Tom.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJackin For This Post:

Returning To Buenos Aires In July

Greetings everyone! First, I wanted to thank everyone for such a fantastic source of information. You guys are a great help! Second, I am making my second trip to Buenos Aires July 12-21 and I was wondering if anyone else will be in town at the same time that would be able to meet up. My first mongering experience in BsAs in 2009 was a great success thanks to this board and I hoping this trip will be even better!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMario73 For This Post:

The Alamo 1 or 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy2  [View Original Post]
    Anyone getting together Thursday for game?
    The Alamo 1 or Alamo 2 .

TL

That's where you can watch the games , in English and in HD !

Just Google The Alamo in Buenos Aires .

Where to watch Spurs / Heat Thursday?

Anyone getting together Thursday for game?

First Time in town

I will be in BA from 20-22-June. Just learning a little about how to have some fun and navigate the area. Thanks to all the posters in these forums.

First time in Argentina

Will be in be in B. A. 7/1-7/8. Looking to meet up and get pointed in the right direction. Ready to head out anytime. Will be in Recoleta. Thanks, Gentleman.

Welcome Home Judd!

Quote Originally Posted by Judd  [View Original Post]
    To the old timers, look forward to seeing you. To the newbies, look forward to meeting you. Let's be prepared to play!

Late,

Judd.
    Welcome Home Buddy!

Who are we going to do now? What?

Keep in Touch.

TL.

+ Submit Report
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations