Thread: General Hotel Reports

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Love motels

This one provides easy information about love motels per each zone:

http://www.alberguestransitorios.com/

No reason to book upfront. Hotel website will make it clear if upfront payment required. They may ask for credit card number as a guarantee but pay on departure. Similarly if using Booking.com it will state if pay on departure. Re other questions others on this site more qualified to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Questner  [View Original Post]
    Yes, 21% VAT is exempt. Would you suggest booking directly with a hotel? Generally, I would prefer to avoid paying upfront. This way I know no VAT is charged when I check out. Same as in Colombia. Are hotels guest friendly? What is a local cultural attitude and towards this issue? There are enough love motels everywhere, and for $30 I can deal with it, still I better to use this money for your main accommodation.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantelondres  [View Original Post]
    Your attachment states most hotels have an IVA tax. Take note, if you are a foreigner paying with a credit card issued in your country you are exempt from paying the IVA tax saving around 20%. This law was introduced a couple of years ago to encourage tourism.
    Yes, 21% VAT is exempt. Would you suggest booking directly with a hotel? Generally, I would prefer to avoid paying upfront. This way I know no VAT is charged when I check out. Same as in Colombia. Are hotels guest friendly? What is a local cultural attitude and towards this issue? There are enough love motels everywhere, and for $30 I can deal with it, still I better to use this money for your main accommodation.

Hotels

Your attachment states most hotels have an IVA tax. Take note, if you are a foreigner paying with a credit card issued in your country you are exempt from paying the IVA tax saving around 20%. This law was introduced a couple of years ago to encourage tourism.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    Here is a list I made a few years ago.

The prices have changed, but can be used as a guide.

I would say stay in the Retiro area.

That used to be the area with the most clubs and action.

RIP to those years.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...120-Hotel-List

Microcentro

Here is a list I made a few years ago.

The prices have changed, but can be used as a guide.

I would say stay in the Retiro area.

That used to be the area with the most clubs and action.

RIP to those years.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...120-Hotel-List

Quote Originally Posted by Questner  [View Original Post]
    At the moment planning to stay close to Microcentro. Any advice on the area? (preference to greener, cheerful, touristy areas, walkable and close to freelancers at cafes, bars, street action, clubs). Are hotels guest friendly given double occupancy booking? Any advice on accommodation or hotel referral is very welcome (which hotel to choose; do I need an apartment etc.) Thank you.
    Attached Files

Advice on where to stay

At the moment planning to stay close to Microcentro. Any advice on the area? (preference to greener, cheerful, touristy areas, walkable and close to freelancers at cafes, bars, street action, clubs). Are hotels guest friendly given double occupancy booking? Any advice on accommodation or hotel referral is very welcome (which hotel to choose; do I need an apartment etc.) Thank you.

IVA waived for foreigners on Hotels

Good news making a hotel a better option for a short stay. Although it used to be even cheaper when the the official rate was 40% below the blue rate. You could bring dollars and pay the hotel bill in pesos.

http://www.thebubble.com/foreign-vis...accommodation/

Quote Originally Posted by ElPerro  [View Original Post]
    I'm arriving in BA early in the morning Christmas day. A hastily put together trip. I've never stayed in a hotel in BA. Any ideas about a hotel downtown for about $50 a night ? I checked out Suipacha Suites but they are booked tight.

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers !
    Hi -.

I have only been to BA twice but stayed in San Telmo in nice hotels for $35-60 a night each time. I bought what was on sale on booking.com. Both were good+ clean and friendly and both advertise thier "regular rate" at @$100USD/night. I didn't have lots of people in and out but no one gave me a second look for the guests I did have. I like San Telmo but it might not suit your tastes or purposes.

Mambo.

Thanks

Thanks for the ideas fellows. I found an apartment that will probably work better for me than a hotel. Hotel ideas filed away for future reference.

Cheers.

First place I ever stayed

I'm arriving in BA early in the morning Christmas day. A hastily put together trip. I've never stayed in a hotel in BA. Any ideas about a hotel downtown for about $50 a night ? I checked out Suipacha Suites but they are booked tight.

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers !
    Nothing special, haven't been there for years but the bed was ok and the staff not bad.

http://www.victoryhotel.com.ar/hotel.html

Liberty Hotel

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers !
    Check out liberty hotel.

$50 Good Luck

Check these:

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...919&viewfull=1#post442919.

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers !

$50US a night more or less ?

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers !

Not Cheap

They should be Chica Friendly for the price they charge.

http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details....m-0-children=0

Quote Originally Posted by Cheema  [View Original Post]
    CASA CALMA Hotel is girl friendly , they confirmed it by email but only one girl is allowed.

Posting Limitations