Thread: General Hotel Reports

+ Submit Report
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

hotel info

Anyone know if Hotel Diplomat (Paraguay and San Martin) is chica friendly?

Thanks

Hi Maddur,

Every hotel in Buenos Aires is chica frendly.

No need to ask.

Thanks,

Jackson

Buenos Aires is full of tourists right now. It is still very cheap for norteamericanos and europeans.

Many of them are heading here, instead Brasil, especially after USD and Euro was devaluated by about 40% to the Brasilian real since last April.

Even too many Brasilians are coming now that their currency got stronger.

I was talking to a taxi driver the other night and he told me that thanks to tourist they are still making a living.

Tried to make a booking for Colonia last tuesday and everything was sold out for this weekend. From Tuesday!

Seems that there is a need for planing ahead.

El Greco.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSam
    I tried many websites but everywhere there isn't avaibility for the date I'm interested (20 Nov.

What happens in BA in this date?

562 Nogara

Any one heard of this Hotel? It's new and I was wondering location, price or any information would be helpful!

Also anyone heard of Caesar Park hotel.

Thanks for the help

I tried many websites but everywhere there isn't avaibility for the date I'm interested (20 Nov.

No idea. Try Mayra. Mayra@argentinatravelservices. Com

Question reserve hotel in internet

Can anyone suggest me a budget hotel (30-40 usd) chica's frìendly?

Thanks
    Try this one.

http://www.atlastower.com.ar/

I stayed there once three years ago and they were girl friendly then.

I do not know now.

They charge $AR 140 for single and $AR 160 for double with breakfast.

Small rooms but fully equiped.

El Greco

budget hotel

Can anyone suggest me a budget hotel (30-40 usd) chica's frìendly?

Thanks

Alvear Palace

I stayed there for a week "semana santa" 2004.

No problem with chicas at all.

El Greco

La Bourgogne

We didn't have any dessert and only one bottle of wine which was about 50 pesos, about as cheap as you could find on the wine list. I would agree that that price for that quality of meal is a real bargain for gringos or Europeans. That dinner was several months ago and I suspect those prices, like everything else in BA has gone up. There is a dress code and most of the men were wearing jackets, but not all.

As an jubilado, I am forced to watch my spending a bit, so this type of thing is exceptional for me. That it was free made it an even more exceptional value.

As far as "action" in the bar, there was none save me trying to get to my feet after my vodka.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy

The restaurant La Bourgogne is truly outstanding (and pricey) Menus given to women have no prices on them, something patently objectionable to my dining companions who were taking me out after I had taken them to Don Galindez and Los Chilenos the previous evenings. Proper menus were quickly produced and the meal was great. Cost about 150 pesos per person with wine and tip.
    Hey Stormy,

In my book 50 dollars a head for dinner with wine and tip isn't really pricey, not unless you're poor. For a mongering tourist coming down for some fun, it's less than what he'd end up paying at some horrible TGI Fridays back home.

I thought, honestly, that the restaurant at the Alvear was more expensive. Thanks for the report, I'm definitely going to dine there on my next visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy

Drinks in the bar run about 30 pesos, much like Madahos, but have 3 or 4 shots of liquor in them, unlike Madahos.
    For 30 pesos they pour some foul, foul booze down at Madaho's. The gin I had the last time I was in there was undrinkable. And if you know me, it's unimaginable that I would not drink a glass of gin.

30 pesos for 3 or 4 shots of good gin at the Alvear palace doesn't sound like such a bad price, honestly. No discreet "talent" hanging around the bar, was there?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mongrin
    By the way, what's "the mansion"?
    You can find the Mansion FAQ, direction, and map in these threads:

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...ead.php?t=2017

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...ead.php?t=2033

Follow the advice about printing out the map and show it to the driver if you plan to use a taxi.

Alvear Palace

Thanks for the prompt response guys. That's great information - I've heard that in some other countries chicas aren't allowed at the finer hotels (Rio, etc? That true? I love these boards - like I said, I arrive on Saturday the 24th - maybe I could hook up with one of you fellow mongers and buy you a beer or 3 in exchange for "knowledge" on BA. By the way, what's "the mansion"?

Alvear Palace

My favorita's first client out of Madahos took her to the Alvear and paid her well over 1000 pesos, which impressed her more than the Hotel and insured that he would catch no social diseases.

Drinks in the bar run about 30 pesos, much like Madahos, but have 3 or 4 shots of liquor in them, unlike Madahos.

The restaurant La Bourgogne is truly outstanding (and pricey) Menus given to women have no prices on them, something patently objectionable to my dining companions who were taking me out after I had taken them to Don Galindez and Los Chilenos the previous evenings. Proper menus were quickly produced and the meal was great. Cost about 150 pesos per person with wine and tip.

Thumbs up Alvear Palace

Mongrin,

The Alvear is without a doubt one of the finest hotels not only on the continent, but the western hemisphere. It is very chica friendly, and as stated previously, the staff will answer any request you have including bring more condoms to your room if you ask. I love the location also. You are in a perfect area, right across from Black, and very close to Madahos and other fun spots. My only suggestion about the hotel, is if possible, try to upgrade your room if you requested just a standard room. Some can be quite small. Spend a few extra bucks and request at least a junior suite. Just my opinion. Enjoy the great hotel, and look forward to your reports. PM if you have any other questions.

Posting Limitations